+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Warrior Prot gems?? stamina?parry?agi???

Warrior Prot gems?? stamina?parry?agi???

hey guys Im in a very big doubt.. I got my tank.. and at sometime ago people were complaining because I socket most of my items with +30 stamina... so I changed to Parry and stamina... but even doing this someone told me to gem agi+stamina because the bonus is cri and armor +stamina for the stamina bonus.. actualy I didnt change anything.. but I would like to know what to gem???
    this is my armory:
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...n=Muralh%C3%A2
    also I saw on some posts people saying .. dont enchant your shoulder with the regular enchant from Sons of Hodir and use that pvp enchant with resilience bonus.. but reading the bonus of resilience for PvE, it doest help oO
    so if anyone can help me I would be gratefull..
    thanks guys xD

So these "people" are complaining that you as a tank are stacking stamina? Hmmmm spirit ftw?
    Ignore these peasents, forget parry it's not good to stack and just have whatever gem u fancy to activate meta and stam the rest. Simple really there's hundreds of posts on tankspot telling tanks this and yes it works (I'm 70k now buffed).
    Unless they own a tank and do icc they are ignorant of the benefit to your raid as a whole if u are stacking stam gems till your ears turn blue.

Go forth and tank with stamina and they will follow.
    So long and thanks for all this fish

no all right...

Expertice cap is good to have as tank, since it means more aggro + hit cap.
    Im both and im OP to make aggro, i gem one exp/sta (guardian's dreadstone i think) to fit whit my meta (red)
    The first u should use tokens at, is legs (whits gives expertise) and hands (whits gives hit)

Els gem stamina stamina stamina stamina stamina stamina stamina stamina stamina stamina stamina stamina stamina stamina stamina.

1 get hit/exp cap (hit isnt that important)
    2 gem stamina
    3 u can go for an non' tanking axe whit agility, im hunting one atm ;P

GL

thanks guys i was only waiting for a confirmation , cause everyone I asked told me: ye.. stamina is good but I dont know if u have to gem only that
    of course Im gonna look for the cap on hit/exp focusing on expertise... I should have that with better items and raid buffs, so I will look for this advices..
    thanks alot again...

Quote Originally Posted by Drox View Post
    no all right...

Expertice cap is good to have as tank, since it means more aggro + hit cap.
    Im both and im OP to make aggro, i gem one exp/sta (guardian's dreadstone i think) to fit whit my meta (red)
    The first u should use tokens at, is legs (whits gives expertise) and hands (whits gives hit)

Els gem stamina stamina stamina stamina stamina stamina stamina stamina stamina stamina stamina stamina stamina stamina stamina.

1 get hit/exp cap (hit isnt that important)
    2 gem stamina
    3 u can go for an non' tanking axe whit agility, im hunting one atm ;P

GL
    No. If your threat sucks already, adding more expertise will not make it better. You're fine without worrying about it. Using a Guardian's Dreadstone to activate your meta is fine, as it really makes little difference which purple gem you use.

The Tier 10 legs are the weakest legs in this tier of content. Buy the Pillars of Might instead.

Otherwise, switch your shoulders to the pvp enchant, because 30 stam outweights 20 dodge and 15 defense, and the 15 resil will allow you to drop as low as 536 defense if need be. Change your glove enchant to either the 240 armor or the 18 stamina armor kit, and your weapon to blood draining or mongoose.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tengenstein View Post
    just don't let them melee you up the bum.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreador View Post
    and the 15 resil will allow you to drop as low as 536 defense if need be.
    Just curious about this Dreador, I was recently told that, with the change of resilience, you can only drop it down to 538 now. I don't have to worry about it because my defense generally doesn't drop below 565, but if I wanted to give advice to a new tank attempting to get crit capped, I used to tell them to shoot for 536 with the pvp shoulder enchant. Now I'm told it's 538. Have you heard anything about this?

Anyways, to me, gemming is a personal preference. People will always talk crap about gemming for socket bonuses or gemming for no socket bonuses. Tanks will always argue whether the agi/sta is better than the dodge/sta. It's what you like most and you make work for you. Personally... I don't usually gem for socket bonuses on pieces that have 3 sockets for all different colors, even if the socket bonus is 12sta. I stack straight sta gems in those pieces. For something that has two sockets, 1 blue, 1 red or yellow, and a 9sta socket bonus, I'll gem for it. Everything else, I stack stamina. I personally prefer agi/sta for the extra crit, armor, and dodge, but you can go with exp/sta or dodge/sta, it's up to you. But as long as you can tank what you need and not get owned by the bosses, you should do fine.
    P.S. Stay away from parry/sta, it's not that great.

All you have to do is look at your character sheet to see. Mouse over defense, then resilience, If the reduction of critical strikes is collectively 5.6% or more you are PVE uncrittable.

As far as socket bonuses, there's really no reason to add more avoidance, hit, defense or expertise or spirit to your gear, it honestly comes with enough. In ICC and in all the instances before it (I mean Pre-WoTLK, saving for certain fights in Sunwell of course), having the effective health to take a big hit and survive rather than having less health and hoping you avoid the hit is a much more solid choice. When you maximize effective health you are gearing for the worst case scenario, and for me personally and many others that I know or that may post here I'd rather not give up 30 hp for 10 dodge rating or what have you. I find the loss in effective health to be too large to justify the miniscule gain in avoidance.

I agree with you for the most part. For most pieces of gear, I gem for straight stamina and forget all socket bonuses. There are certain pieces (i.e. belt, head) that I do gem for socket bonuses only when I can lose only 6sta or less for a gain of 10 agility. I will not do it only for dodge, I like the agility for the increase (however small it is) to armor.

The general consensus is (without bringing too much maths into it) that 1 stamina = +/- 11 armor. So you are losing out if you gem like that. The only justifiable tense is the 12 stam bonus for the helm, and not because you get more stamina from it, but because you activate the 37 stam/2% armor bonus of the meta gem.

Resil change? Did I miss a memo?

Just did some quick number crunching, got some reports from people, and double checked some patch notes and I'm pretty sure 536 defense is still the number.

535 defense = 5.4% reduction meaing 536 defense = 5.44% reduction.

Someone just checked in game and 15 resil still = 0.16% reduction meaning 5.44%+0.16% = 5.6% = uncrittable.
    Last edited by Aggathon; 07-08-2010 at 06:50 AM.
    "If the world is something you accept rather than interpret, then you're susceptible to the influence of charismatic idiots." -Neil deGrasee Tyson

Twitter @Aggathon || @Tankspot || Twitch.Tv/Aggathon

+ Reply to Thread