+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18

Thread: RealID -- Unethical and Dangerous

Meh, I'm too late. Sorry. >_>
    風林火山陰雷

ಠ ,ಠ
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain - it's time to roll the dice

Best news I've heard in a long time. Blizzard may well have saved (or rather not put in danger in the first place) peoples jobs, careers and even lives with this moves.

It will be good that you can have an unquie id tied to the forum. It has the same positive effect that Blizzard was hoping for.

Has there ever been a topic that has gotten so much intrest and response before in WoW? I've been gaming for over 20 years and I can never remember something of this size happening.

Also the 50,000 posts was just the US forums , it got another 11,000+ on the EU English forums too and I am sure the other language spesific forums were just as heated on the subject.

It's a very positive thing to see a comunity so united on a subject across the globe , surley it was comerical suicide not to act on it?

OH MY GOD YOU GUYS THEYRE JUST TRYING TO TRICK US ITS REALLY A GIANT CONSPIRACY TO TAKE OVER THE WORLD BY MAKING YOU PUT YOUR NAME ON THE INTERNETS

The conspiracy theories on this thread are... kind of ridiculous. They decided not to do it because, guess what, they listen to people (that's half the point of having the forums, isn't it?)

Quote Originally Posted by Errvalunia View Post
    OH MY GOD YOU GUYS THEYRE JUST TRYING TO TRICK US ITS REALLY A GIANT CONSPIRACY TO TAKE OVER THE WORLD BY MAKING YOU PUT YOUR NAME ON THE INTERNETS

The conspiracy theories on this thread are... kind of ridiculous. They decided not to do it because, guess what, they listen to people (that's half the point of having the forums, isn't it?)
    Who can tell what they really up to?
    That posting under your real name will cause some bad PR is something that you can plan with so you take that in consideration when you planing such a change. And the same negative effects they came up now where brought when the realID ingame was announced.
    And there they implemented the feature even though they had massive negative feedback.

I admit that this open letter are good news but please remember that you still read out your realID ingame with addons which is a very bad thing if you are concerned about privacy issues.
    Wer reitet so spät durch Nacht und Wind?
    Es ist der Kodo mit seinem Rind.

blizzard really need to divorce activi$ion. that kotick dude cares only about money, not customers nor employees

Quote Originally Posted by veneretio View Post
    And while I don't like this change anymore then the next person, it's inevitable. Eventually, there will come a time when we will all be accountable for everything we do on the internet.
    Couldn't agree more.

Honestly if Blizzard really wants to use this idea to prevent trolling, they should use the RealID system as a punishment and enable the person's real name if they troll the forums. If exposing a real name is going to cause this much drama and get people all up in arms, then I doubt anyone will want to act a fool at the risk of having their real name exposed.

ESRB brouhaha following BlizzID brouhahah.

SIMON DE MONTFORT, EARL OF LEICESTER
    pioneer of representative government who was
    killed in the Battle of Evesham on 4 August 1265.

You know, I was looking forward to adding a few more interweb verbs and memes...
    "Brb facecrafting"
    "Check out that band's WoWspace!"

IMO, if they still insist turning WOW into Facebook needs to implement there should be strict privacy control on user’s information to avoid being stalked or harassed by others. Bear in mind that the players are also prone to making enemies as they are to making friends. It's in fact easier for them to make enemies than friends in such online games. All they have to do is to kill the other online player (it's a prerequisite to getting a stronger and richer character) and hey, u've made a new enemy!

+ Reply to Thread