Thread: Blood Wing Help

Blood Wing Help

My 10-man (N) is working on Blood Prince Council and Lana'thel. We're two-tanking it (paladin/bear) with no warlock. We were able to successfully down them to about 50%, but admittedly, there is a lot going on in that fight.

Are there any tips for dealing with the encounter, from a tank/dps/healer standpoint? I know about the videos and have read up on strategy, but everything always says "3rd off-tank" and its not really a viable solution for us thus far.

And same with dealing with Lana-thel for the first time?

Thanks!

1. Empowered Valanar - Stay spread out 12 yards for Empowered Shock Vortex.
    2. Empowered Taldaram - Whoever he conjures the orb towards, kite the flame orb until it's small.
    3. Empowered Keleseth - Kel tank needs at least 4 orbs to be survivable when he's empowered. Tell your DPS to not touch the orbs bc once it's stolen from the tank.. bye bye, wipe.

Note:

- Random vortexes will spawn on top of people. Move away to not get knocked out of position.
    - You can have one dedicated ranged DPS to take care of the Kinetic Bombs. Hunter or Mage will work best as they have the biggest range. Anyone with mostly dot damage will be terrible for them.
    - Have bear tank Valanar and Taldram. Have Pally tank tank Keleseth as Pally has more ranged abilities. (If Pally Hand of Reckons an orb, it must be hit with another ability to grab aggro on it)
    - Keleseth tank (Pally tank) must have 4 orbs on him at all times during empowered phase. If not, he should use cooldowns until he does so.
    - 3 heals works best for the fight, 2 doable if well-geared and everyone knows fight well.

Good luck.

4 orbs is not necessary on reg, only 3 orbs if it is a tank. This is easily attainable.

If you are 2 tanking it, you need the tank with the highest EH/cooldowns tanking the 2 bosses (Valanaar/Taladaram) and the other tank on the orbs. The tank on the orbs will require a dedicated healer to follow them around as they collect the orbs. The tricky part is keeping threat on the boss while gathering orbs.

Your ranged DPS has to be watching for Kinetic Bombs that spawn around the room, if one of them lands then it will explode and hit the entire raid. They require DPS to be pushed back up away from the floor until they despawn.

For BQL it's all about bite order. Make sure the highest DPS are getting bitten first to maximize the DPS time. Don't lose anyone, and make sure your healers are up to the task. It's a healing intensive fight.
    RNGesus - Saving you unreliably since BC.
    http://i689.photobucket.com/albums/v...ellvarsig3.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by MellvarTank View Post
    4 orbs is not necessary on reg, only 3 orbs if it is a tank. This is easily attainable.

If you are 2 tanking it, you need the tank with the highest EH/cooldowns tanking the 2 bosses (Valanaar/Taladaram) and the other tank on the orbs. The tank on the orbs will require a dedicated healer to follow them around as they collect the orbs. The tricky part is keeping threat on the boss while gathering orbs.

Your ranged DPS has to be watching for Kinetic Bombs that spawn around the room, if one of them lands then it will explode and hit the entire raid. They require DPS to be pushed back up away from the floor until they despawn.

For BQL it's all about bite order. Make sure the highest DPS are getting bitten first to maximize the DPS time. Don't lose anyone, and make sure your healers are up to the task. It's a healing intensive fight.
    To add to this, your Keleseth tank is on the move alot. I'd recommend (in order) a resto druid, a priest (either works), or a shaman. Paladins can do it, but it gets a bit hairy sometimes as they usually try and cover both tanks (which is hard if your Keleseth tank is at one end picking Dark Nuclei like flowers while the other tank is in the opposite corner holding the other 2).The Paladin tank is much better suited to the Taladaram/Valanaar healing.

If you have a hunter, have them use MDs on CD to help the Keleseth tank hold aggro. It is possible to just not DPS Keleseth when he has HPs, but obviously this extends the fight longer.

DoTs work to slow Kinectic Orbs. A ranged Nuke Class is good to be on them, but having a warlock or priest DoT or even a Hunter Sting on a BeachBall will give the nuke class time to cast their nuke.

For BQL, I'd say it's an equal healer/DPS fight. Yeah, there's a lot of damage going around, but the DPS have to be on the ball and maximize DPS. If you do it successfully, you can flatten BQL quickly with DPS boost from bites, but if you are still learning on 10 man, once in a while somebody may brainfart and die/be MCed, but you can recover if you can burn it down with what you have left.

I have tanked Keleseth and a bear and was pretty easy. I was just picking up the dark nuclei with FF and every time a ran past Keleseth I would just hit him with a Mangle / Lacerate / Maul. I would set Keleseth to focus and display my focus threat just to keep it in check.

As for the other things going on, I would recommend beating it into the heads of the DPS that this fight is not about DPS. You just need to stay alive. You need bugger all dps to beat the enrage timer. So if your DPS can't keep the Kinectic bombs up then tell not to dps the bosses, just keep them in the air.