+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Shadow's Edge vs. Cryptmaker - PvE Arms

Shadow's Edge vs. Cryptmaker - PvE Arms

I'll start by saying, this is my first post, and I appologize if this has been posted somewhere. I could not find it by searching this site, or google.

Currently I am a pretty basic Fury Warrior spec, and I'm beginning to feel like I belong to a large group of guys just waving around two 264 weapons cause it's the cool thing to do. I am thinking of going with an Arms spec, due to having too many Fury Warriors in the same raid, and wanting to bring some new buffs to the raid.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...Cartel&cn=Jufy

There is my armory, I have what I like to think is okay gear, and currently I'm at 95% arp. I am wondering which of these weapons (Shadow's Edge or Cryptmaker) would be a better weapon to base a spec off of.

A few things I was wondering are:
    1. Axe vs Mace, Dwarf is giving me extra expertise, and also hit from the weapon (not much on the rest of the gear) and Axe would be seemingly more damage increase and better stats on the weapon.

2. With NES, and already being at 95% arp, I feel as if I'm wasting arp. How much arp would I need in Arms to be at "cap" (only arp on gear, not spec/stance)? How much could I regem Str or Str/Crit?

3. Any advice for a wanna-be "nub" Arms Warrior?

Thanks a lot for taking the time to read, and I appreciate any information that anyone may want to give. (I have read the few PvE Arms threads, and plan to continue reading until respeccing.)

1. you don't need expertise as arms unless you are sundering for your raid (which you shouldn't be if you have a fury warrior there) so the expertise racial part is pointless. it comes down to 5% crit and 5% crit dmg vs. 15% more armor pen. you only need 90% arp (1260 raiting) on your character sheet to be arp capped for arms so mace isn't really needed since that is an easy-to-hit number in icc gear. axe spec is the superior weapon spec for arms and if you have the same ilvl weapons you should always go with the axe/polearm.

2. you are over the arp cap for arms already with the trinket proc so technically you are already wasting arp. you should regem to str and str/crit in yellow sockets for some bonuses and cut down 5-8% arp from your gear. i go with 1220 for arms and use hearty rhino food buff to hit 1260 for the hard cap. you should really start trying to get to the hard cap since with an arp trinket you are only doing the max possible dps you can do roughly 20% every fight.

3. read the arms warrior guide and the replies posted in that thread. get landsoul's spreadsheet and make sure your gear is optimized. practice practice pratice the "rotation".
    -Jimmy

|Ex Tank|

TWITCH.TV STREAM

Alright, thank you for the quick and informative reply. With what I have currently, I believe I could hit the stats needed, but I will possibly have to change the NES for Mark of Supremacy to reach the hit cap and close to the arp cap with food and/or elixir (~1191 by looking at armory w/out Cryptmaker or buffs). I will try to respec this when I have the time to hit a dummy for at least an hour and practice, then possibly some chain-heroics.

Again, thank you, I am extremely excited to try an uncommon spec and this information will help a ton.

i wouldn't bother with that trinket but try to get the plate bracers from gunship 25...pretty easy to pug.

you could also gem str/hit gems in yellow sockets to meet the hit cap. that's the best way arms could hit cap and maximize dps before ruby sanctum came out and plate dps boots with hit on them drop from 25 man.
    -Jimmy

|Ex Tank|

TWITCH.TV STREAM

I do like the gemming idea, I will look into that once the game is back online. And I will definitely be looking out for some nice plate that I otherwise looked over because it didn't have the "ideal" stats for Fury.

+ Reply to Thread