+ Reply to Thread

Thread: First frost emblem pick

First frost emblem pick

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...une&cn=Effindk i will have 95 emblems soon, and was thinking of the chest but im not sure what im looking for the most ugrading from where i am. i run voa 10/25 but it may be a year before the tank gear drops =P so should i go for the bonus first or what?

thanks!!

As a DW Frost tank the T10 bonus doesn't do much at all for you. I'd suggest the 264 cloak or belt first. They're generally best (attainable)-in-slot for most folks, and you won't need to worry about replacing them. If you're set on the chest, get the off-set (Cataclysmic) one. The expertise on it should make up for any expertise that you lose when replacing your current helm (in the absence of any of the 251 legs and/or Saurfang's axe).

The off-set gloves are a pretty solid alternate, as is the stamina trinket (key) for purchasing down the road.

On a side note, I'd keep runing VoA 10/25 for those gloves and legs and keep an eye out of the legplates off Saurfang.

I would also recommend finding some slower weapons. You're leaving alot of threat on the table with two claws and, you don't need the extra defense with your gear.

I'm quite fond of the 4set bonus, but it's really not a big one, and is probably better for Blood than Frost.

I would also strongly advise getting the crafted legs over pretty much any others.

If I were going 2set only I'd go Cataclysmic Chestguard,Pillars of Might and Gauntlets of the Kraken. And then get the tier head & shoulders.

As for the first piece I'd go for the Verdigris Chain Belt since that's one of the weaker pieces you have and you won't replace it outside of ICC25h and even then it's debatable. And it's cheap.

As Gutfang said as well, the weapons are bad. Get yourself a pair of Nighttimes or even better Frost Giant's Cleaver (non heroic is awesome too but heroic is disgustingly good, plus most pugs do gunship on heroic where possible, sustained threat as frost is just obscene with proper weapons. I loved it, but had to give it up for the stability of blood for harder fights.

well the i264 legs just dropped for me in VoA 25 =)

but def the Verdigris Chain Belt first for my emblem choices?

Can't complain I guess! Never got anything of note out of VoA. Offspec gloves once but nothing else.

I'd still recommend the pillars over the tier legs but way down the other end of the line now that you have them as the upgrade won't be huge.

I'd say go for the belt first, aye. The cloak and trinket are also very good and unlikely to be replaced with much ease.

is the cloak still a big upgrade from the summer festival cloak?

http://www.wowhead.com/compare?items=50466;54801

It's a pretty solid upgrade, +54 stam with a stamina gem in it. Though I'm surprised and impressed by how well itemised it is. Wish I'd gotten one for my warrior while it was active xD

I'd maybe go for the trinket after the belt as yours are pretty sub par, then maybe get the cloak and then all the while keep working on a better pair of weapons and then just start upgrading as you see fit as most of it's on a similar level.

Definitely belt first though.
    Last edited by Wrathydied; 07-07-2010 at 10:21 AM.

The belt has a large stamina increase and 1000 bonus armor when compared to the 226 crafted belt. Hard to beat that. So, yes, I'd go for the belt next.

well im now up the emblem belt, and 1 nightime i will go for the frost giant cleaver tomorrow if i have the time

Nice one, be sure to put Rune of Razorice on one of your weapons if/when you can afford the defence drop. It's an obscene boost to your threat as well. I put it on my offhand. +10% to your main threat nuke is just godly. Though if your threat is good then stick with double Nerubian. It's up to you really, I'm just a threat whore.

+ Reply to Thread