+ Reply to Thread

Thread: bad dps and no idea why =/

bad dps and no idea why =/

i have been playing my shammy a lot recently and have got into a good guild and abit of gear

the problem is i have 5700 gs and only putting out 6k dps and this is making it harder for me to keep my raid spot as we progress into hc 10 man. the guild leader and others in the guild have had a look at my spec and gear and don't see any thing that wrong (apart from the few healer bits im using for lack of a better drop)

as far as i can see my stats look solid apart from my low crit that i am working on

my rotation is fs<em<lb<cl<lb

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...an&gn=Tactical

and btw i am hit caped in my raid group
    Last edited by shmanananan; 07-05-2010 at 06:53 PM.

Finish leveling JC. That's a bit more SP you can toss on your gear. Honestly, when my raiders are having trouble...I send them back to the dummies. No, dummy spanking isn't going to be the best you can do dps-wise, however, it DOES re-cement your rotation and priority system into your fingers. Sometimes I'll join them, to watch what they are doing. Casters should ALWAYS be casting. Start spamming that next spell while your LB is casting. I freely admit I know zip about elemental shamans...so I can't help you spec specific, just in general. Hope I helped a little.
    I'm an alt-oholic. I'm ok with that.
    http://warcraftid.com/card/170/n/73a...f/sholozar.jpg

hmm

i have already had my gm look at me while im on the dummy and he cant see whats wrong he has a shammy and knows the rotation more or less so that would have been picked up by him

after looking at damage videos on youtube and looking at there stats to no be far off mine apart from there crit and they are doing like 7k on the dummy im doing 6k raid buffed

Quote Originally Posted by shmanananan View Post
    after looking at damage videos on youtube and looking at there stats to no be far off mine apart from there crit and they are doing like 7k on the dummy im doing 6k raid buffed
    Crit can be substantial! Especially if they are substantially higher in crit than you are. Check their gemming and enchants closely. See if you can catch their rotation.

EVERYTHING being equal, check your computer. Have you shut off everything that is unnecessary, freeing up RAM. Are your addon's what you need and no more, no duplication? Done a defrag/diskclean lately? Checked your drivers? I've found that people find these issues their client side latency becomes better and they see a good dps increase.

well as far as i can tell from this video we have the same stats but he has 5% more crit think that will make 2k difference

also i have a fast computer and rarely lag so i dont think its that

I'm looking into your gear and gemming choices. By using so many hybrid gems you are missing out on a LOT of SP, which WILL affect your DPS. Give me a little bit, as I'm doing about 8 things at once. (Ah, the life of a mother.)

Your spec looks fine from what I can tell. I use improved fire nova to hit 13-14k in trash but we all know trash means nothing. One thing I noticed that may help a lot is your glyph of flame shock. Now I used to tear down my build, try different glyphs, gems etc. I notcied when I went from my glyph of lava to glyph of flame shock my dps dropped by anywhere between 800-1k dps which is huge. It is a more expensive glyph but I would suggest giving it a shot. As far as rotation sounds right FS>LvB>CL>LB>LB>CL>LB etc essentially using LvB and CL anytime they're off cd and LB in between. Also one thing that may help is macro in any trinkets, or racial abilities into your LB if you havent already. Using ele mastery or berserk if your a troll anytime they're up always helps. I avg about 6.5-7k without warsong buff, and about 8k in icc.
    GL

Ok, I had my shaman buddy look you over. You appear to be around haste cap at 34%. You can only drop the GCD to 1sec. He suggests gemming for crit/SP in yellow sockets with GOOD (+9 or better SP), and SP everywhere else. He did say that he is more knowledgeable on Enhance/Resto than Ele. You might take a look at the Elitist Jerks forums and see what they have to say. I realize you'll drop some haste, but realistically, I think having more SP you'll see a good DPS boost.

icc

well today while i was in icc i was playing with my rotation while trying to do hc saurfang i noticed my damage go up load when i cut cl out of my rotation from 6400 to 7500 dps and not like spikey dps with hardly any dmg done but like a solid 7500

+ Reply to Thread