+ Reply to Thread

Thread: General DPS Gearing Question

General DPS Gearing Question

So I'm in the process of helping gear a couple of guildies, one in particular - Ret Pally.

So being a Prot tank, I obviously needed to do some research, much like I did my Fury Warrior. After some excellent information from Elitist Jerks and posts here, I once again find myself in the same position, where its universally said:

"You need 8% hit and 26 Expertise - but gem STR and nothing else"

...so how do you hit those caps without gemming/enchanting for it prior to going into raid? Isn't that the point of those gems and enchants? To hit those marks for DPS?....I know until recently, Expertise was a problem for me on my Fury Warrior, and I gem'd/enchanted accordingly to hit those caps.

Any insight would be helpful.

There's a glyph for pally that gives 10 expertise skills, so a ret pally only needs 16 to cap, which is much easier than fury warrior.

Quote Originally Posted by Tschus View Post
    There's a glyph for pally that gives 10 expertise skills, so a ret pally only needs 16 to cap, which is much easier than fury warrior.
    Glyph of Seal of Vengence.

When you seal up Vengence (Corruption for us Belfs) it works.
    I'm an alt-oholic. I'm ok with that.
    http://warcraftid.com/card/170/n/73a...f/sholozar.jpg

It says gem and nothing else......so enchants can still be used as is the glyph suggested.
    It should mainly be hit capwise through gearing choices too.......which should be relatively easy to do.....badge hit glyph, even the triumph badge gear some can be picked for its hit if needed.
    If you arent there through gear.......then it could be a dps improvement to gem (and more specifically the gems for hitting socket bonuses to squeeze more out), but even if it is will probably be marginal.

gearing with hit and expertise

The above posting are correct. I have a level 80 warrior and pally. The gear you get eventually will have enough hit and expertise to simply gem str. Until then you should make some exceptions but if you are smart there are ways around gemming for expertise or hit. One flexible thing you can do is enchant your gloves for +20 hit or expertise. You can also eat buff food or take elixers to "bridge" the gap between your cap and current hit and expertise. Being all gemmed str for pally's is ideal with no expertise or hit gems, but until you reach those caps through gear gemming some expertise or hit is fine.

+ Reply to Thread