+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Druid tanking threat issues

Druid tanking threat issues

Ever since I replaced the Knightbane Carapace with the Shadowseekers Tunic I havnt been able to hold threat, sometimes even against guys 500 GS lower. I regemmed to regain the 80 hit that I lost (losing an assortment of str, haste, crit), figureing that that was my problem, but I hasn't seemed to make any difference. I found one post (not on this site) that was talking about expertise. I use the following 2 macros generally

single target
    /castsequence Lacerate(Rank 3), Mangle (Bear)(Rank 5), Lacerate(Rank 3), Lacerate(Rank 3), Mangle (Bear)(Rank 5)
    /castrandom Maul(Rank 10)

multitarget
    /castsequene Swipe (Bear)(Rank 8), Swipe (Bear)(Rank 8), Swipe (Bear)(Rank 8), Mangle (Bear)(Rank 5)
    /castrandom Maul(Rank 10)

both of which I found on a bear tank site.

I think I am missing something minor, but i am tried of getting chewed for not hold threat in heroics.

Completely delete those macros. Now.

Now, create the following macros.

#showtooltip mangle (bear)
    /cast maul
    /cast mangle (bear)

#showtooltip lacerate
    /cast maul
    /cast lacerate

#showtooltip faerie fire (feral)
    /cast maul
    /cast faerie fire (feral)

#showtooltip swipe (bear)
    /cast maul
    /cast swipe (bear)

Now, put those on your hotkeys.

Whenever you press one of those buttons, it will do maul on the next attack, as well as do the second line of the macro, whether mangle, lacerate, etc.

The priority order is Mangle-> If Lacerate is at 5 stacks and is about to fall off-> Faerie Fire if it's not up or if Lacerate is at 5 stacks->Lacerate to 5 stacks->Swipe.

You should be spamming the next button you're planning to do, so that you replace the vast majority if not all of your melee attacks with mauls.

For multitarget, spam swipe and switch targets often so that maul hits other targets.

For heroics, Glyph of Maul is very useful.
    Last edited by Sky; 07-05-2010 at 07:06 AM.
    Con Brio is recruiting! Look within for details. www.conbrioguild.org
    Mage Guide Author
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...skies/advanced

Is one of the /cast maul
    /cast mangle (bear) macros supposed to be a lacerate or am I just supposed to hit it manually?

Oops, yes, one of them was supposed to be lacerate.
    Mage Guide Author

Ok I dropped the others and created these. I'll give them a try.

Ok, other than agil/stam, what are the next most important sats. Should I be trying to be hit capped (I am 10 below currently) or do I need to add some expertise rating (currently 14). I found one place that said parry (I didnt think druids even used parry).

A link to your armory would help.

Being hit capped would help yes, and expertise as well, although being 10 below hit cap and being at 14 expertise should not be giving you threat problems against equally geared DPS on single target.

Druids don't use parry. (What place was this?)
    Mage Guide Author

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...all&cn=Trugore

sry thought I had linked it in orig post. And I have been through so many sites I dont honestly remember.

Your chest should be enchanted with +10 stats, back with +22 agility. I would also use Idol of the Corruptor over Idol of Mutilation.

I would respec, and put 2 points from Furor in the Restoration tree to 2 points in Primal Precision, that's another 10 expertise.

Seriously though, if you can do the rotation correctly and tightly, you should not be having threat problems at all. I would practice the correct rotation and go on from there.

Oh, you are on Skywall, say hi to Draeka for me! And spit on Sakiri for me, too. She reported me and got me a 1 week suspension on the WoW forums.
    Last edited by Sky; 07-05-2010 at 07:45 AM.
    Mage Guide Author

Whoops...didnt realize i didnt get the chest chanted yet...I will get the chants taken care of. The idol is my next badge purchase, just saving up. Ill run some stuff and let you know. Thanks for the help.

Regem All stam BTW you missing alot of HP from all those non Stam Gems

Making the macro changes suggested by blueskies increased my dps by about 400, and made holding threat alot easier. I will check out the respec. Tomorrow is my first go at ICC 10 tanking with my guild, wish my luck.

+ Reply to Thread