+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Off-spec Fury DPS Suggestions

Off-spec Fury DPS Suggestions

Armory Link: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...&n=Squirrelnut

Looking for any suggestions for my off-spec Fury set. I am going to swap a str/crit gem into my yellow socket Ashen ring and use arp food to maintain 100% passive ArP while getting as many socket bonuses as possible. Also plan on switching boot enchant to runspeed/agil

Any other suggestions? What I would really like to do is get a new neck or ring to drop some more hit and not waste any stats.

Finally got my DBW trinket w00t

i would suggest 23 haste to cloak and to drop that hit/crit ring as soon as the agi ring from dreamwalker is available.
    -Jimmy

|Ex Tank|

TWITCH.TV STREAM

Quote Originally Posted by Destruyen View Post
    i would suggest 23 haste to cloak and to drop that hit/crit ring as soon as the agi ring from dreamwalker is available.
    Well he could go for the Frostbrood, but at the same time, he can also aim for Might of Blight
    There is also a Crit/ArP ring from Halion 10man

I already have Cryptmaker gathering dust in my bank but with my current amount of Hit I have ignored it since my heroic 10m axe also has the benefit of my orc racial.

I have my eye out for either a ring or neck change to drop some hit but haven't had much luck (and only get to nab what others don't want since it is my Off-spec)

I appreciate the suggestions, I think ideally Might of Blight would fit my needs perfectly right now. Any further details on why 23 haste to cloak would be more beneficial then agil? I know haste isn't a terrible stat for Fury but I would have thought the added crit from agil would be a better stat.

Quote Originally Posted by Squirrelnut View Post
    Any further details on why 23 haste to cloak would be more beneficial then agil? I know haste isn't a terrible stat for Fury but I would have thought the added crit from agil would be a better stat.
    The reason is when you are sitting at higher gear levels such as yourself you are most likely touching the crit cap raid buffed (or very close to it) thus crit looses its value .although the DPS difference between 23 haste and Agi enchant is not much but even a small increase is after all an increase.

Another thing I suggest is to replace one of the Arpen gems with str, Ideally you should gear upto 97% arpen and get the last 3% from the food. This is mostly to allow more str gemming and the Arpen food is probably the easiest thing to farm for.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/zuljin/gabbu/advanced

What exactly is the crit cap? I am just about perfect on ArP currently since the armory is being stupid and apparently displaying my stats with the food buff. Without food I am at 96.89% so with food I am at 99.74% currently.

104.8 - chance to be dodged - chance to be missed - chance to be glancing blow (always 25%) = white swing crit cap
    -Jimmy

|Ex Tank|

TWITCH.TV STREAM

Dont forget to include the hidden crit depression which has been threorycrafted over the whole xpack (unless something changed and I am not aware of it).
    IIRC the crit cap for fury warriors was 58% but its been a long time since I looked at it. If I find the EJ post I will link it here.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/zuljin/gabbu/advanced

Quote Originally Posted by Destruyen View Post
    104.8 - chance to be dodged - chance to be missed - chance to be glancing blow (always 25%) = white swing crit cap
    What? lol

Right now I am at 42.05% unbuffed crit. Landsoul's spreadsheet says buffed I should be at 54.75%, what is the crit cap?

EDIT: oh nevermind, 104.8 - 7 - 6.37 - 25 = 66.43%? So I still have 12% (if current raid buffed crit is 54%) to go before I start running into the crit cap unless I did that wrong.

that would be the 4.8% on top of the 100%....just subtract everything from 104.8 and you'll be fine.

104.8 - 0 (expertise capped) - 19% (yellow hit capped) - 25 = 60.8% crit for a typical fury warrior. this number will be higher if you have more than 164 hit and lower if you are not at 26 expertise.
    -Jimmy

|Ex Tank|

TWITCH.TV STREAM

+ Reply to Thread