+ Reply to Thread

Thread: icc dps ??

icc dps ??

I was in icc 25 this week.I have 5400 gs and iwas doing 5500k dps im i doing someting wrong ?

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...th&cn=Jellypea

I flow the shoot priorety's be my dps i still low can someone give me some advise

Yes, you are.

You are ABSURDLY over the hit cap *looks at badge trinket*. I believe for horde the soft-cap is 9% (Soft cap means yellow attacks will never miss, however auto-shots may, NBD). I've had this discussion with so many people. It is basically wasted stat budgeting, the hit is a very marginal gain once you are soft capped, maybe 2-3 more auto-shots will hit netting ~10-20k damage over the length of a fight (super generous on the amount of damage).

However, if you had ArP, Crit, Haste, AP, or Agi in place of the extra hit you'd be better off.

If you miss a Chimera w/o noticing your serpent sting may fall off. (i'm assuming you're mainspec is MM for PVE) And god forbid you miss a kill shot :x

You also don't have any set bonuses. The 2p T9 bonus is next to godliness, I've been holding out for 4p t10 before breaking that bonus (185 frost badges look cool). The 2p T10 is also nice.

Make sure to re-apply Serpent sting at least once when you have optimal buffs (Greatness, Culling, Wolf-roar-thing). This not only reapplies the more powerful SS when you use Chimera, it also makes Chimera do more damage!

Keep sticking to the priorities and spam those steadies when everything cool is on CD. Also, make sure you are using the abilities with cds (Aimed, Chimera, Silencing) whenever possible, delaying one for 1 second delays every shot of that type for the rest of the fight because of that fixed CD.

Lastly make sure to use your long cooldowns (Rapid fire, Readiness, Pet... thing) early and often. I often start a fight by letting my trinket (herkumi's) to build up to 20, reapply my SS then go into my Cooldown phase.

Rapid fire, Chim. Shot+Silencing, Aimed Shot, Pet thing, Readiness, Chimera+silencing, Aimed, pet thing and then Rapid again once it has worn off.

If the fight goes on long enough for another salvo of good CDs make sure Kill Shot gets reset and reused /w Readiness.

This is all rather disjointed, and for that I apologize. Best of luck to you, and get rid of that damn trinket .
    Last edited by Deedles; 07-13-2010 at 01:06 PM. Reason: So many additions.

Quote Originally Posted by Deedles View Post
    I believe for horde the soft-cap is 9% (Soft cap means yellow attacks will never miss, however auto-shots may, NBD).
    ...what

The hitcap is 8%. There is no "soft cap" for hit - all ranged attacks for Hunters have an 8% chance to miss against a boss-level target.
    Author and Admin of Stabilized Effort Scope - News, Analysis, and Discussion for MM Raiding Hunters!

http://www.warcrafthuntersunion.com/

Covers everything you need to know, and has full raid dps and gear guids.

Femaledwarf.com

Use it you evaluate gear upgrades and choices.

Here is your To-do list :

- Replace the haste trinket
    - Replace your chest, helm with the tier 9 pieces since the set bonus is better than the stats on the 264 pieces.
    - Try getting rid of all the hit you have down to 8%.
    - Survival will give you an edge in dps at lower gear levels, try it out.

And by "everything you need to know", you mean "false, outdated information with no backup, constant insults to the actual theorycrafters who do the real work in our community like Zeherah and Shandara, and an exceedingly oppressive moderation system that deletes any comments that point out errors or inconsistencies in published articles", yeah?

Quote Originally Posted by Mend View Post
    - Replace your chest, helm with the tier 9 pieces since the set bonus is better than the stats on the 264 pieces
    Please don't give advice if it's wrong. The correct distribution is T9 Helm and Legs + T10 Shoulders and Chest. Once you get enough Sanctified T10 pieces and LDW's pants/Festergut's belt, THEN you can go 4p T10.
    Author and Admin of Stabilized Effort Scope - News, Analysis, and Discussion for MM Raiding Hunters!

Some classes you can get away with having extra hit rating, Hunters though you are wasting your time because you have other stats you need to be stacking. I sit at almost 11% hit rating as a melee class but only because I need 1 freaking piece of gear to keep my hit rating above cap with other items that I have at the moment but can't use as a Horde player. Hit cap is 8%, I would be dumping that 245 trinket for the War Token if you can farm up the frost badges, the haste will benefit you greatly until you can get best in slot trinkets. Main gem focus of course is agility, since you gain Crit and AP from it, you shouldn't gem for haste or ArP though, however those stats will come with gear if you build it properly.

The measure of a life is the measure of love and respect. So hard to earn, so easily burned - Neil Peart

Quote Originally Posted by Rilgon View Post
    And by "everything you need to know", you mean "false, outdated information with no backup, constant insults to the actual theorycrafters who do the real work in our community like Zeherah and Shandara, and an exceedingly oppressive moderation system that deletes any comments that point out errors or inconsistencies in published articles", yeah?

Please don't give advice if it's wrong. The correct distribution is T9 Helm and Legs + T10 Shoulders and Chest. Once you get enough Sanctified T10 pieces and LDW's pants/Festergut's belt, THEN you can go 4p T10.
    False and outdated ? The site has everything a newcomer hunter needs to know, from stat distribution to rotation guides.
    This isn't the place to discuss who insulted who in the community.

Please check the OP's armory before jumping to the conclusion, he has a 10 man chest which has a lot of wasted hit and not much upgraded stats over the 245 crafted or the 245 tier piece.

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Some classes you can get away with having extra hit rating, Hunters though you are wasting your time because you have other stats you need to be stacking. I sit at almost 11% hit rating as a melee class but only because I need 1 freaking piece of gear to keep my hit rating above cap with other items that I have at the moment but can't use as a Horde player. Hit cap is 8%, I would be dumping that 245 trinket for the War Token if you can farm up the frost badges, the haste will benefit you greatly until you can get best in slot trinkets. Main gem focus of course is agility, since you gain Crit and AP from it, you shouldn't gem for haste or ArP though, however those stats will come with gear if you build it properly.
    Picking up the war token isn't really a wise move, since you can use any trinket even the Mirror of truth to replace it while waiting for an easy drop such as the trinket from LDW 10 man. The 60 emblems can be spent elsewhere for a bigger dps increase.

Replacing the hit trinket and the pvp belt would be a good start. If you have the 60 frost emblems I'd suggest getting the 264 belt rather than the war token. The war token would be my last choice in terms of what I'd spend the Frosts on. It's a decent trinket if you don't have any luck getting the 10man LDW trinket or Deathbringers Will, but I'd personally spend my frost emblems on the T10 stuff, belt and cape before I got the war token.

That said, I've got the belt, 4 bits of t10 and the cape, and while I was lucky with DW I've had terrible luck with WFS, so the war token is filling that spot until my luck improves.

When possible I'd also suggest ditching Hauberk of a Thousand Cuts. It's not the greatest chest running around and seems to me to be a little better itemised for an enhancement shaman.

Quote Originally Posted by Rilgon View Post
    ...what

The hitcap is 8%. There is no "soft cap" for hit - all ranged attacks for Hunters have an 8% chance to miss against a boss-level target.
    Probably thinking Melee Dual-wield.
    An introduction into WarTanking (no longer updated as I've retired from WoW - the concepts will still be mostly accurate but the numbers no longer will be.) - http://www.tankspot.com/showthread.p...101-The-Primer

Quote Originally Posted by Loganisis View Post
    Probably thinking Melee Dual-wield.
    That's what I was thinking!

Sorry for the misinformation, too many alts and a caster main

+ Reply to Thread