+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Healing addons

Healing addons

I was wondering if there are any addons that could help me heal more efficiently. I currently have only Vuhdo. Thanks for any help

Healbot is a popular one.

I use Healium - very easy on the resources and very simple to use - no keybinds.

A lot of folks seem to use a combination of the raidframe addon grid and an addon called clique - there are a ton of youtube tutorials.

What are the addons people use in the tankspot videos?

Assuming you're talking about Aliena the healer. She did a video on her UI.

Thread & Movie
    Last edited by Griff; 07-02-2010 at 02:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dritz33 View Post
    I was wondering if there are any addons that could help me heal more efficiently. I currently have only Vuhdo. Thanks for any help
    There is a whole discussion on the subject of healing addons in the healing forum the thread mentions Vuhdo but mainly debates about how to use grid.

In summary Vuhdo is as good as healbot is as good as grid. It is just a matter of preference all three allow the methods used by healers which are in general:

1. Click through frame casting (grid is the only one without the built-in functionality and thus you have to use Clique to do this)
    2. MouseOver Macros you hover your mouse of a target(on any raid frame) and press a key to cast a spell on that target
    3. Click the raid frame member then Press a key to cast the spell (the most manual method, unless ofcourse you are in the really really bad habit of clicking everything and not using keybinds).

All 3 work it just depends what your preference is...and all 3 styles are independant of the usual raid frames (with the exception of requiring clique which works on any raid frame) I do not have any experience with Vuhdo or Healbot but I am told they are decent.

For healing no other addon is mandatory however a few may come in handy; like range checking, Methods of showing buffs (Satrina buff frames and or Power Auras), A CD timer(although not really needed), A HUD or Digits (if numbers is your thing) and most importantly a DESIGN that allows you to see the playing field and not 50 addons. A large chunk of healers get blind sighted by Huge raid frames or Intrusive addons instead of minimalising the effect on their UI.

Thanks a lot, what is the video name? I can't view it on my computer so I'm trying to find it on youtube on my ipod

The Weekly Marmot -- Healer UIs

Thanks so much =)

+ Reply to Thread