+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Off-set or T10 bonuses

Off-set or T10 bonuses

Armory: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...er&cn=Kinsbane

Right, so I'm a few frost emblems away from getting a new upgrade. My thought on this was to farm VoA for gloves and legs, get one off-set piece (in my case it was Cataclysmic Chestguard) and then the set pieces, aiming for the T10 4 piece bonus eventually. So after getting belt, cloak, trinket and chest, I got T10 head as my first set piece. All was well until yesterday, when I got the legs I have on now (Deathforged Legplates), which in my opinion are pretty good. And that got me re-considering whether or not to go for the T10 set bonus.

The content I'm running is ICC10 only. Having killed LK a few weeks ago, we're probably gonna start on hard modes soon when people overall get decked out. I have considered joining ICC 25 pugs. But even so (with pugs being what they are) I will most likely never see late ICC 25. So 10 man is my main focus. If we do good on heroics, or I find my balls and start doing ICC 25 pugs, I might get a token or two to upgrade the pieces to the next tier (ilvl 264 I think?), but that's not something I'm counting on. Also, one plan with the bonus was to have fun in heroics, soaking up all the damage. But that might be wishful thinking :P

So, at my content, would the bonus at all be worth it? The two options I'm considering are:
    * Go straight for T10 -> Shoulders first, then gloves, then legs.

* Ignore the set bonus and go Kraken gloves, then T10 shoulders to get the set bonus and then buy primordial saronite so I can get rich in preparation of Cata :P

Which of these options would be best for me? Or am I totally derailed and what should I do instead?

As for my gem and enchant choices, I went with socket colours in chest because I needed the defense to be def capped in frost resistance gear at the time. That's probably not the case anymore though, and I'm fixing that when I get my hands on some spare gems. I haven't bothered to re-enchant the gloves, and probably won't until I get new ones. But I've realized I don't need the threat, and the next one will most likely be armor. Glyphs are probably more aimed for heroics than progression raids, but it's worked for me thus far. If there's something that really needs to go though, I'll have a look at it.

Thanks for your time, any suggestion would be appreciated.

Edited to add: Crafted legs are not an option for me right now, so will have to "make do" with either the ones I'm wearing or the T10 ones, depending on what I decide to do.

either way if you go for 4pc t10 or just 2pc and offset pieces, why do you say the crafted legs aren't an option for you? the badges you would spend on buying the t10 legs (251 ilvl even) would get you 4 saronites which is half needed to make the legs (which are bis for just about every fight in icc).
    -Jimmy

|Ex Tank|

TWITCH.TV STREAM

I would go with the Kraken gloves and the T-10 Legs. That's what I'm planning on doing, I already have the gloves and the T-10 Shoulders, now I just have to work on the other bits.

No reason not to get the crafted legs, goldmaking is even more of a faceroll than raiding in this expansion. Jeez, just farm heroics and sell epic gems from the badges if you have to. I know a chick who's now made $1million gold just playing the auction house.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tengenstein View Post
    just don't let them melee you up the bum.

Reason why the leggins aren't an option is time. Yes, gold making is good right now, but I'm not playing enough to make it viable. I do a few dailies (cooking and fishing when I don't have to leave Dalaran, JC to get my tokens, daily heroic) and raid with the guild twice or so a week. So the gold income, albeit steady, is still slow, while frost emblems are coming in at a steady rate as well. However, both grinding daily quests and buy the saronite, or save up the 184 (I think?) frost emblems needed for them, are simply not an option atm, because of time spent in game. And just having gotten new, in my opinion solid, leggings makes me even less inclined to get new ones, considering time spent versus gain.

I loaded my warrior into Rawr, comparing the stats. The difference between T10x4 and T10 shoulders + Kraken (without any other change) would be around 800 hp and 200 armor. Is this difference better than the absorb bonus from 4xT10 (which I guess is situational), or should I just go for a constant amount of hp and mitigation?

Hmm, you'd have to compare it for 1 minute worth of boss DPS. Either way, one or the other is situational.

30 minutes a day working on the Argent Tourny Dailies while you wait for your daily heroic will net you 100-120G. That's a primoridal a week or better. Even just running the Argent Tourny dailies upon the island and in the cultiest area just outside of the tourny (without doing TFA/CIT) will net you 60-80 (not to mention gray drops worth 2-3G a piece and greens you can DE or AH).
    An introduction into WarTanking (no longer updated as I've retired from WoW - the concepts will still be mostly accurate but the numbers no longer will be.) - http://www.tankspot.com/showthread.p...101-The-Primer

Do what i do Tank randoms buy ametrine (it is a very popular cut for yellow sockets in their 10STRand 10 CRT variety as well as the SP and Haste cut) I easily sell raw ones for 90g and cut ones for 110g considering that in one hour i can push ~4 randoms that nets me on average 5 emblems a run i can get 2 an hour while still getting Vendor trash, Enchanting mats, and gold from each random.

If a tank can do a daily while waiting for randoms to pop....that's amazing.

I do also have a dps spec That said, one heroic with the strange and "wonderful" people you get in pugs is usually enough for me for one day, and I'm quite satisfied with the few dailies I have time for while waiting, even though it might not be optimal for boosting my raiding gear.

Thanks for the replies everyone. Will bring out the calculator and try to bring me back to the school years, see what might be better for me. If things change, and I somehow become incredibly rich, I will of course factor in the leggings. Until then, I'll try and kill Toravon a few times, see if I get lucky!

Cheerios!

Man! That shield is pro! Where'd ya find that? :-p

To give my opinion, I have the 4 piece but atm I generally only use it in fights where I might need an extra cd. Outside of that I use the crafted pants, heroic Gunship shoulders, and the cataclysmic chest (until I get my 277 chest and shoulders then I'll always use the 4 set). If you don't intend on always wearing 4 piece, try to get in on a pug 25 or something and get those shoulders (You might luck out and get someone with a heroic key- this fight is just as easy on heroic) They're pretty sweet.

I do agree with what's been said here about the pants. They're pretty much awesome and you should get them even if it means donating a testicle to science.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamarina View Post
    Man! That shield is pro! Where'd ya find that? :-p
    Trust me, I get a lot of glee about it from my guild. RNG hates me But I figured that if it's lasted this long, I'm gonna keep it until Cata heroics! Good luck healing me!

I've thought about it quite a lot, and individually the gloves are, of course, the biggest upgrade atm (speaking of frost emblem purchases). And to be honest, I'm starting to wonder if I'll get enough frosties for the whole set (especially with me being a chicken overall when it comes to pugging, and the time I'll spend on my soon to be 80 shaman).

Having done the math, the 4 set bonus is worth more mitigation than the added armor if used on cooldown (calculated with 50k hp, the more the better though). However, I personally don't think it should be used on cooldown because that would only lead to healers overhealing and stuff. Yes, it's good for situations where brown stuff hits blowing machines, but overall the offset stuff will probably average out to be better.

Thanks everyone for your opinions. Will think about what to do. If I do get the gloves, that frees up quite a lot of frosties which COULD be used for primordial saronite for the leggings. But we'll see about that when that day comes

Don't feel bad about the shield. I used http://www.wowhead.com/item=40400 from the time KT was progression to Gunship.

I am still using http://www.wowhead.com/item=40266/heros-surrender because nothing toc10/toc25/icc10/icc25 is dropping. Except when I am not on my paladin, then it drops all the time.

+ Reply to Thread