+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Frost DW Dps Confused

Frost DW Dps Confused

Ok, so i went Duel wield frost a few hours ago and im really confused about the numbers im seeing and when to use certain cool downs. Most of my moves dont crit for my then 2k, i am a fresh 80 but when i use blood i would be criting for 5 to 7k. On my other lvl 67 DK i crit for the same as my 80 one. I dont know if its my spec or that my Main hand speed is 2.5 and offhand is 2.7

my armory is: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...trom&cn=Jorhun

I know my gear is not the best but i should be criting more then what i am.

Why are you considering about your critical hits?

Umn... How to explain this as simple it is for considering newbie.

In basic two-hander always deals more as single blow, considering that dual-wielding. You might wanna recheck on weapon DMG (Damage) and while wielding two weapons you "kinda" hit twice.
    As for Death Knights theres a talent that uses few abilityes as twice for both dual-wielded weapons.

So if your worried about not criting enought, well..
    This all is for imaginated, not based on real numbers:
    Lets say main-hand weapon hits for 1,500 dmg and off-hand hits just 500 dmg, and if both critted for main-hand 3,000 dmg and off-hand 1,000 dmg equaled for non-critical blow 2,000 dmg and critical blow 4,000 dmg.
    while two-handed can hit 2,000 dmg or crit 4,000 dmg.

So there wouldnt be any difference on overall dmg. Remember thies are just for showing example.

(As for melees)
    While your worrying about critical hits.. Not all DPS (Damage Per Second) Classes / jobs are all about crits even half of them shouldnt consider going over 25%-50% crit (depending on class), yeah its good to have, but more overall attack power equals to more weapon DMG.. equals higher hits and when they crit(critical blow) even higher.

A best way to calculate how much DMG you make on Overall and Per Second, is to get a Damage Meter addon. For example Recount and Skada are the most popular ones. But I recomend Recount as for stock setups easy to use for newbies and less confusing.

edit/
    You also might wanna check the dmg meters. As on per fight calculated DMG or DPS. Dont get confused about AoE [area of effect] packets hitting multiple mobs. Thies fights equaling quite alot DPS and DMG done. Since you'r be doing abilityes that might hit multiple targets. While basic on raids your be fighting One vs. One. So you should practise on level 83 dummy(skulled) as how much DPS you can make for one target. This will be the base of you checking if your ready for raiding. But if your doing heroic 5 man dungeons while most of the fights are just AoE spamming.
    /edit ends

So work out with making most of Damage Per Second of yourself and stop thinking if I should crit more.
    Last edited by Paranoid; 07-01-2010 at 05:49 PM. Reason: added few more newbie friendly advise on dmg meters

it could that my mains a fury warrior and use to seeing 20 to 25k crits >.> <.< but thnks and im only newb on Death Knights >:|

Quote Originally Posted by johun View Post
    it could that my mains a fury warrior and use to seeing 20 to 25k crits >.> <.< but thnks and im only newb on Death Knights >:|
    And all what I thought of you was a newbie.

Might want to descripe more carefully? Actually wondering why crits are low. edit/ I meant.. I started to wonder why anyone would. Wonder about them critting enought? or something like that. Unless they would be totally newbies./edit ends

As well DKs well least some speccs are almost constant spam abilityes not waiting like 1-2 sec between abilityes just spammin each GCD. Thought I wouldnt know that much about warriors. (havent played mine for long time now)
    Last edited by Paranoid; 07-01-2010 at 06:03 PM. Reason: edited text shown.

+ Reply to Thread