+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Prot WarriorDamage Mitigation Help

Prot WarriorDamage Mitigation Help

Ive been tankig for awhile, and now that Im getting farther into icc I seem to be getting hit really hard. Anything I need to change about my gear (gems, enchants, etc.)? Any tips on damage mitigation? Is my spec alright?Basically What cna I do to take less damage

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...and&cn=P%FCgna

that link didnt work for me ..?

Your armour seems a tad low, possibly change out POBT for an armour trink like Glyph or UO for most of the fights in ICC, other than that i can't really spot anything wrong, dropping the rep ring for another ICC ring(cept juggeunauts band) or Band of the twin valkyrs could be good. make sure you're getting Demo up and it staying up. don't know what else it could be.

Unless I'm just not seeing it you need a red gem to activate your meta. So just toss a Dreadstone in there either dodge / sta or agi / sta. Change the enchant on your gloves to armor and change your cloak to armor.

10 dodge/30 stam gem in your belt to fix your meta. Put 225 armor on cape and 240 on gloves (2% threat is nothing and 10 parry is less than nothing). I'd also consider getting the badge chest. Ony trinket is garbage for anything but H25 Anub adds, get either the Glyph or one of the various other EH trinkets.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tengenstein View Post
    just don't let them melee you up the bum.

Your armour seems a tad low, possibly change out POBT for an armour trink like Glyph or UO for most of the fights in ICC, other than that i can't really spot anything wrong, dropping the rep ring for another ICC ring(cept juggeunauts band) or Band of the twin valkyrs could be good. make sure you're getting Demo up and it staying up. don't know what else it could be.
    Not possibly. If he doesn't like the damage intake, swapping Glyph in for POBT is a must until UO drops.

Swap Juggernaught for Clutch of fortification, yesterday. Clutch's 560 armor + 114 stamina is actually more EH than Jug's 154 stamina (560 armor = ~51 stamian so Clutch has ~165 stamina to Jug's 154). Higher iLvL is not always an upgrade.

Keep Jugs for magic intensive fights when armor has a reduced value. He's at 134 hit, so I'd suggest keeping the rep ring, dropping down to ~80 hit may be a little extreme for everyone but Dreador XD

Cataclysmic and Pillars of might each offer roughly another 1.2k armor over current equipment with an eye to future frost purchases.
    An introduction into WarTanking (no longer updated as I've retired from WoW - the concepts will still be mostly accurate but the numbers no longer will be.) - http://www.tankspot.com/showthread.p...101-The-Primer

K I did most of the changes already have clutch and Glyph so ill put those in my set. Anything talentwise that needs changing?

Shield wall or Last stand glyped instead of blocking will offer a little more survival. If you're running with another warrior that pops command shout, then it's fine, but command shout is more valuable, especailly if your surviaiblity is an issue, than battle shout. Other than that, nothing really jumped out.

How are your healers? TBH, as a warrior tank that is one of the biggest considerations. Are they proactively healing or reactively healing (good or bad healers)? Are there certain fights like Morrogwar or Rotface you feel like you're taking too much damage? Morrowgar it's probably on the DPS not getting bonespikes down, with Rot if you get a double tap on healers (seems to happen to use every fight on the first pull :-/ ) are they getting de-oozed quickly? Healers tied up with other actions (healing bonespikes, running from slimes, etc) will make you feel more squishy than you really are as well.
    An introduction into WarTanking (no longer updated as I've retired from WoW - the concepts will still be mostly accurate but the numbers no longer will be.) - http://www.tankspot.com/showthread.p...101-The-Primer

The best thing you can do is be proactive about cooldown usage. If you know a series of big hits are coming, use a trinket or shield block, etc.

Knowing the fights and when damage is inbound will go a long ways to making you feel less like a blade of grass and more like a brick wall.
    RNGesus - Saving you unreliably since BC.
    http://i689.photobucket.com/albums/v...ellvarsig3.jpg

Im getting hit for like 35-40k by sindragosa breath at 10 stacks of magic buffet which in my opinion isnt that bad and then just likke 3-4 melees after that but the healers insist that They're doing my best to heal me so the only thing I can really do is come here and look for ways to take the least damage possible

Oh and yes I do run with a fury warr so The shout isnt a problem. I have roughly 65-70k in icc depending on buffs

Drop your stacks. It's a two tank fight with swaps to drop your buffet stacks. (In p2 only.)

Yeah but the way my group was trying to do it was retarded lol. Theyre trying to make us tanks go as high as we can before switching which i think is retarded. I honestly dont feel I take excesive amounts of damage but the healers insist that I am so idk lol.

Your are taking excessive amounts of damage. Don't get your stacks up that high, that is rediculous and unneccesary. Try that on heroic and you are toast.

Its just that fight and as I said I know thats too many stacks but I dont have much choice

Yeah that's stupid of them. You still need more armor and slight gear tweaks but the first thing to work on is just getting a solid strategy down. If the healers want you to tank it like that then they should heal better-er.
    just don't let them melee you up the bum.

Its just that fight
    And you are dying. That should tell you that you are doin' it wrong!

Haha. Well thanks everyone for the advice its been a lot of help.

Melvar.... Ive explained this twice now.... Its not my choice to go to that many stacks...

+ Reply to Thread