+ Reply to Thread

Thread: I need a lot of help.. warrior tank

I need a lot of help.. warrior tank

Okay so I'm very paranoid about whether or not I have the right spec/glyphs/gear etc for tanking properly..

Here is my character:

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...Rexxar&cn=Hill

Talents:

I don't use the cookie cutter tank spec, in fact I just came up with the spec myself. I always hated the idea of speccing into deep wounds because it seems so deep in the arms tree with very little threat gain from it. What should I change?

Glyphs:

I just picked the ones I thought looked best. Any advice?

Enchants:

I recently switched a few, I'm now using PVP enchant for shoulders and 45 stam engineering enchant for helm. Do they all seem okay?

Gems:

I gem pure stam unless the socket bonus is 12 stam then I'll do a stam/dodge. Is this right?

I want to look into serious progression raiding but I want to make sure I'm up to par first

Thanks

You dropped 23 stamina to get a 12 stamina bonus. Also, why bother putting 10 points in arms if you're not going for dw/impale? Imp charge is nice but it's far from necessary. It's more of a good filler talent to get to the real bread and butter of the spec. Lots of threat glyphs, which are nice. Do you ever switch them for survivability or taunt glyphs?

EDIT: Buy http://www.wowhead.com/item=49904 (just don't bother with the socket bonus). Best pants in the game until 85, and yours are the second weakest in this tier of content.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tengenstein View Post
    just don't let them melee you up the bum.

Here is my opinions

Helm, you might as well drop Solid in the second gem slot, like Dreador says. I also agree with the idea of 10 points in arms if not going for dw/impale.

The rest of it to me comes down to your rotations.

In terms of glyphs...

I use Shockwave and Thunderclap alot, so I have Glyph of Resonating Power and Glyph of Shockwave. Like you I also have Glyph of Devistate.

If you are trying to get #4 on the tier set, you could probably replace the Glyph of Bloodrage.

I can't afford the pants sadly. But I will change that gem..

as for specs, what exact spec should I use??

edit: switched back to pure stam gems.
    Last edited by Hilll; 07-01-2010 at 11:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stoutale View Post
    Here is my opinions

Helm, you might as well drop Solid in the second gem slot, like Dreador says. I also agree with the idea of 10 points in arms if not going for dw/impale.

The rest of it to me comes down to your rotations.

In terms of glyphs...

I use Shockwave and Thunderclap alot, so I have Glyph of Resonating Power and Glyph of Shockwave. Like you I also have Glyph of Devistate.

If you are trying to get #4 on the tier set, you could probably replace the Glyph of Bloodrage.
    Yes, you do use those a lot....on trash. You know why it's called trash? At least in WOTLK, it is trash, it's garbage, and gearing for it is wasted effort.

Also, Hill, the 23 stam loss is in the chestpiece, 30 stam/51 in all three there would maximize your gem choices.

Okay, so I fixed up the gems back to pure stam..
    Also I switched my spec to include deep wounds and it's 15/3/53 which is pretty typical for a warrior tank (I checked the 5 top prot warriors on my realm).

Now for glyphs.. heh gunna go buy some now

Any more advice?? I'm so worried!

What do you want to know?

If you're going to glyph for threat then you should DEFINITELY spec deep wounds, its the best threat spec. If you don't want to spec deep wounds then thats usually to go for a more survival orientated build and going for improved shouts in the fury tree, in which case I would imagine you'd be using survival glyphs.

You might read the guide in my sig since you seem to be just looking for more general information.
    [Today 09:38 AM] Reev: The older I get, the more I think those Greek philosophers were just annoying hipsters.
    Twitter @Aggathon || @Tankspot || Twitch.Tv/Aggathon

You don't have a red gem to activate your meta as of the time of this post. A purple of your choosing in the Red socket on your helm would do the trick. Gnomes are so adorable.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreador View Post
    Yes, you do use those a lot....on trash. You know why it's called trash? At least in WOTLK, it is trash, it's garbage, and gearing for it is wasted effort.
    While I would agree with you, then again, I will also admit that my raiding itself is limited (when I do raid I tend to wind up being DPS because my guild has plenty of capable tanks), but when I run heroic pugs there tends to be alot of trash that I need to pick up due to moron DPS.

Until I get my own GS up to be able to get involved in more raids, even in a PUG, as a tank, i'll be keeping my current setup.

K so I'll fix the meta gem.

I'm trying to prove that girls can make awesome warrior tanks :P

What content should I be aiming for if I want better gear?

Thanks

I'm trying to prove that girls can make awesome warrior tanks :P
    This is axiomatic.

What content should I be aiming for if I want better gear?
    ICC10/ICC25/Ruby Sanctum are your only real options other than the AH for the crafted 254 legs

+ Reply to Thread