Start with an armory link so your gear can be evaluated as well. Check here ---> http://www.tankspot.com/showthread.p...-Tanking-Guide for a good generalization of gearing, speccing and rotation.
Once you have that down, go here ---> http://www.tankspot.com/forumdisplay...d-Movie-Guides and educate yourself on the boss encounters so you know what you're stepping into.
1. He should not ignore anything, but just pick up whatever. Trash is an aoe fest and has been a joke this whole expansion. Make sure healers and DPS are safe and try to make yourself look good as a newbie.
2. That's retarded. Use whatever abilities you want, keep tclap and demo shout on. If you need to watch your threat use OMEN.
3. Why were you sitting on him? Silence the mobs if you can to get them closer to you or just run around them keeping threat as you go.
4. Sounds like your MT's threat is horribly bad considering this question and #1 and #2. Place vigilance on who it makes sense to put it on.
5. Use the links above and avoid being told what to do after the fight starts. If they knew that you were new and just went without cluing you in, that's bad leadership, I'd go raid with someone else because these people sound dumb and irresponsible.