+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Fury Warrior Caps

Fury Warrior Caps

Hey everyone.

Well I just have a couple questions about fury warriors. So currently my main spec is protection and obviously I tank. I love tanking especially now that I have gotten semi-good at it. But I'd like to have some fun with a DPS fury build. Considering I've pretty much done nothing but tanking since I started playing WoW about 5 months ago figure it'd be a fun change of pace. However I off-specced a fury PvP build but I've decided I just don't do enough PvP at the moment so would like to change it to a PvE build. So that is my first question.

What are some good builds I could follow for a PvE fury build?

My next set of questions basically what are the caps for a DPS PvE fury warrior? I watched and read the tutorial on being a fury warrior here on TankSpot and found it very informative. However he only discussed the hit and expertise caps. I am just curious what the caps are for all the other various things are?

Finally once I am capped in these different areas what should I be stacking gem wise? ArP, Strength, etc?

Any other advice or resources you feel would be helpful please feel free to add as well.

Thanks in advance.

I'm also new to the fury and WotLK world. I was a MT for my guild all through Vanilla, and BC but when wrath came out i quit. I recently came back and have decided to be fury dps (more flexible than being a MT as far as raid attendence goes).

I've been doing the best research i can during breaks at work and this is what I have found.

In priorty order (i wish i could insert a HTLM Table here!)

Hit to cap - 8% for yellow hits (we get 3% from percision, 1% if your a space cow)
    Expertise cap - 26 (I think orcs get some from racials)

Then i start asking questions, i read the Arms dps thread where they said you should stack STR next untill you get a on proc ArP trinket. Once you get that you stack ArP up to the soft cap (100%-proc). Next would come the big debate from that thread which is if its good to stack ArP untill you can reach the hard cap (100% passive) or if once you reach that soft cap to stack Str (even landsouls spreadsheet might not be helpfull becuase it apparently under values ArP once you get a ArP trinket).

So I'm also interested in this information, since all i know for sure is Hit cap then Expertise cap. I'm going to work on the assumption for now that Str is more important for a fury warrior than a arms (Bloodthirst and imp zerker stance), that once I'm at the expertise cap I'll gem for Str and view all ArP as increase dps but nothing to gem for.

As far as crit goes i dont really know, i think it used to be you always wanted to keep it above 33% because of Flurry but that may have changed as well, like i said i really only used to tank.

Hobben

Fury is 5% hit (~163/164) with 3/3 precision.
    26 Exp to wipe dodge off the table because you'll always be attacking raid bosses from behind (well almost always)

Gem STR until you get an ArP proc trinket like NES - then if you can hit 722 ArP (NES procs the remaining 678 ArP to hit the 1400 rating cap), gem ArP until you hit 722. If you don't get NES continue gemming STR until you are at ~900/1000 ArP from gear alone. You should have 20+ gem sockets so you can swap out your Str gems for ArP gems to hit the 1400 passive cap.

Everytime you get an upgrade that takes you above 722 passive ArP with NES (or a different number with other proc trinkets) or 1400 passive, swap ArP gems for Str gems. All ArP over 1400 is lost and Str is only slightly behind ArP so losing the value of those ArP gems during NES' proc means the STR gems would be more valuable.

Don't gem ArP too early because while the amount of armor ignored is linear up to 20% (I believe) the effect of ignoring the armor is not, it's exponential. So 20 additional points of ArP at 200 ArP will result in a smaller decrease in Mob damage reduction than 20 additional points at 1300 ArP.

There's a Fury guide stickied at the top of the Damage forum that has this information and more.
    An introduction into WarTanking (no longer updated as I've retired from WoW - the concepts will still be mostly accurate but the numbers no longer will be.) - http://www.tankspot.com/showthread.p...101-The-Primer

Im such a noob, I read and watched the fury guide but only the first post . . . yeah i know.

Most of the information we are after appears in the next post where he added information about gearing, thanks for redirecting me there

hobben

Thank you all for the help with the caps and what not.

One last question for the experts. What enchants should I go with? Thanks in advance.
    Human Prot/Fury Warrior (Main), Human Destro Warlock, Dwarf Priest (Bank), Human Shadow Priest, Human Blood DK
    Laughing Skull (Alliance)
    Crusaders of the Dæmned

All enchants with attack power/crit are your best bet.

Helm: 50ap/20crit
    Shuolders: 40ap/15crit
    Cloak: Agility (or 23 haste when you get enough gear)
    Chest: +10stats
    Wrists: 50ap
    Hands: 44ap
    Legs: 75ap/22crit
    Boots: Icewalker/6agi-movement/15stam-movement
    Weapons: Berserking
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/mugthol/Saal/advanced

+ Reply to Thread