+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Raid Ready?

Raid Ready?

Hi there guys

I've recently come back from a 6month break in the game, and I have been building up my warrior tank to the point that i now consider him to be my main over my hunter. I've been following alot of the gearing guides (gearing up in LFD) and advice from stickies (agg's prot warrior guide) and I feel that I have improved in huge amounts both in gear (naxx10 was the last place i tanked), as well as in skill level/confidence.

So first of is a big thank you to all of you guys as a community, because you have heloped me out no end, and it's very much appreciated!

My real question however, is based on my current gear
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...o&cn=Thorgrimm
    am I ready to start to sign for pugs in places like toc10/25 and even Icc10?

I'm not a raiding member of my guild, as I'm a friend invite, and dont get back from work in time for the raid times scheduled, so I'm pretty much restricted to frost emblems from the daily random, and VoA where possible.

Thanks in advance for any advice you guys may be able to provide

Quick answer, yes. You'll probably break 50k health in ICC with the buffification and you should be equally groovy in TOC - Gorehowl in ToGC might be an 'exciting encounter' for your healing team with your current health pool, but it should be viable.
    Last edited by Griff; 06-30-2010 at 10:50 AM.

my only quick suggestion would be to try and find the boe tank gun from icc, big upgrade and its so cheap on my server that i had to beg someone to take one i had to free up bag room.

Thanks for the replies i just did up to saurfang in icc10 as the guild were one tank online and i did fine, and i have the bonebreaker sceptre and 4 frost off the cataclysmic hand s getting better

ty

Gemming and enchanting is a little jacked. Put a 10 dodge/15 stam in the red slot on your belt, everything else should be 30 stamina. 10 stats gems are bad for warriors. Cape needs 225 armor enchant, gloves need either 18 stam or 240 armor kits (2% threat is nothing and parry is bad), and I would switch blade ward for blood draining or mongoose.

Also, take the 2 points from Cruelty and put them in Imp Disciplines, to magnify the effect of your shield wall glyph. Switch sunder glyph for devastate, and blocking for either last stand or taunt, depending on fight (carry stacks of glyphs on you). Drop glyph of bloodrage for glyph of command.

That gets your gear and spec in line. Any questions about rotation? Priority system for a prot warrior is:
    Shield Slam (normal and procs) > Revenge > Devastate/Shockwave (if you have 2pc T10), with heroic strike spammed when you have 40+ rage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tengenstein View Post
    just don't let them melee you up the bum.

Hi there

Thanks for taking the time to have a look at my armoury. I'll get rid of the 10stats gem this evening, I'm just so used to gemming my hunter, didnt think about how it would contribute to my warrior. as for blade ward, it was reccomended by the tanks in my guild, and I was never really sure abotu blood draining either, will grab mongoose also thsi evening. I just need 4 more frost for the vendor gloves so I will chant them with stamina i think when I get them tonight

Is there any reason that you dont like glyph of blocking? I took glyph of sunder to help with trahs, as it will apply a stack to the bad guys neighbour, and keep them aggro'd while I tab through, more and more though, I am using cleave whilst tabbing so I will replace as you advise

Thanks again

Lofty

It's not that I don't like glyph of blocking, I do, but there's more important glyphs. Feel free to use it on any fight that doesn't need taunting or cooldowns (reg Rotface comes to mind). Devastate is the highest threat glyph for us because it adds additional threat to every devastate. Sunder glyph is cool, but trash is called trash for a reason...it's not important.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tengenstein View Post
    just don't let them melee you up the bum.

Ok man cool

Thanks for the perspective Trash indeed. I'll get to work tonight, and respec too

thanks again for your time

+ Reply to Thread