+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

Thread: Ruby Sanctum Halion

I'm getting destroyed tanking the inside dragon on heroic. Granted he hits hard to begin with, but looking at logs, he seems to be parry-hasting to gib me pretty consistently. I'm assuming that this is a function of our positioning (when the cutters happen, the raid is in the slice of pie immediately to my right, "following" me as I strafe around with only one beam in between us, if that makes sense).

Is there a positioning that people use to prevent their melee DPS from generating so many parries? This seems to be a major issue during cutters, but occasionally happens outside the cutters as well. Typical deaths for me look something like this:

[21:33:18.975] Halion hits Ahti 20444 (B: 2034)
    [21:33:19.496] Halion Dusk Shroud Ahti 2265 (R: 690)
    [21:33:19.598] Halion hits Ahti 22289
    [21:33:20.340] Halion hits Ahti 13460 (O: 4619)

I try to get cooldown coverage during the cutters, but even then there tends to be a second or two right as cutters end or while it's ramping up while healers are still adjusting and the cooldown either hasn't gone up yet or has already faded, and something like this obviously only takes a split second to occur.

he has a huge parry box - if they get anywhere near his front shoulder, you have to start worrying about parries.

try and stay close to the cutter on your left and that will pretty much force them to the rear of the dragon. you can also stop attacking yourself during cutters to avoid your own parries.

Thanks, that was helpful. I tried it some last night and even the relatively small amount I was able to shift to my left instead of staying centered between the cutters seemed to really reduce the frequency of his parry-gibs.

Can u tell me what u think ? I am noob to editing, but I believe I covered almost everything in it. Btw, I would appretiate narration, if you are willing to. I am working on ICC now also.

Last edited by Bondiee; 10-04-2010 at 01:03 AM.

This is the strat my guild uses in phase2 to position the boss. It seems that it has been mentioned already by previous posts but I thought that an illustration would explain it better.

-My DK is a Healer

we trying Halion 10man HM

Our guild is stuck at 3 fase and we already reach 30%.
    The question is should all melee stay in beam or should 1 meleee go up to get all the combustions?
    Iam still w8ing to tankspot put a vid of 10man HM.
    Here is the best i could find.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vho2ZDWMf4M&NR=1

Thx

Quote Originally Posted by nveiga View Post
    we trying Halion 10man HM

Our guild is stuck at 3 fase and we already reach 30%.
    The question is should all melee stay in beam or should 1 meleee go up to get all the combustions?

Thx
    In 10 man you should just focus on getting the dps equation right, so that you roughly have the same amount of dps in each realm. No need to distinguish between melee and ranged.

Besides that - if I understand you correctly - there no way of ensuring that 1 melee gets all the combustions. IMO the hardmode fight is all about coordination, quick reactions and precise movement, not tactical gimmicks. However if you have high enough dps(which you should by now) - you are able do this with four healers - makes balancing dps easier as well...
    Last edited by Erkebrand; 11-01-2010 at 02:31 AM.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/dragonblight/Erkebrand/advanced

+ Reply to Thread