+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Ruby Sanctum Halion

I do believe hand of freedom no longer works unless given by a ret paladin.

Who's the new author?

Quote Originally Posted by Darksend View Post
    I do believe hand of freedom no longer works unless given by a ret paladin.
    Ah, I think our ret paladins always do it anyway.

Edit: I'm noticing that my name is showing up as Papapain, and I am seriously considering a name change now >_>

Why would they restrict Hand of Freedom?

Nice hardmode guide, and very professional/soothing voice Papapain. ;P

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

Quote Originally Posted by Papapaint View Post
    Ah, I think our ret paladins always do it anyway.
    Nix that, our holy paladin was doing it on 10m. I'm fairly sure it does work.

It was hotfixed, so if you killed it before friday you would not notice (we noticed it during our 10 man before we even attempted 25)

It doesn't make sense for them to hotfix a valid tactic like that though. Oi.

Quote Originally Posted by Lulia View Post
    It doesn't make sense for them to hotfix a valid tactic like that though. Oi.
    It sort of makes sense in a terrible way. Soul consumption management during spinning death ray thingie was a huge learning curve.

Is the person affected by the soul consumption slowed too? I mean, they have no choice but to be in it.

Killed 10man Normal after a few lazer wipes.

Regarding 10man hard:

What's the required raid DPS to beat the enrage timer?

Does the AOE shadow aura increase in severity in 10 hc?

I have read this thread and I have seen numerous strats for how and when the raid should follow the orbs in phase 2/3 shadow. However I have not seen anyone mention the turning speed of the orbs. I have only done this fight in normal mode 10 man so someone who does not have a casual guild will need to check my findings in the other modes.

I observed that the orbs rotate with a speed of 1 revolution every 40 seconds. This means that each orb will travel 180 degrees in 20 seconds. The duration of the "off" (No laser) phase is 20 seconds. This means that when the laser turns off it will turn on again when all the orbs have moved exactly 1 half revolution. Since in both normal and heroic the orbs are in pairs, this means that the orb positioning will be exactly the same when the laser turns on again.

Therefore, once you get the laser positioning that best suits your guild, shift with it while the lasers are on. Then as soon as the lasers turn off have the tank stop in his tracks. You get 20 seconds of dps with no running as the orbs position themselves for you for another laser phase. The orbs will turn on again in exactly the same positions you left them and you can shift the dragon and the raid with them again.

My guild found this very helpful to increase the raid dps in the shadow realm. Once again, I will need someone to corroborate this finding in the other 3 difficulty modes.

It's the same way in 25m as well, and I assume heroic as well. It's a pretty good point to those that are constantly moving him.

Mommy, why is the paladin tank clicking?

Quote Originally Posted by Lachesis View Post
    Mommy, why is the paladin tank clicking?
    Lol yeah i noticed that too.

I wonder if he did it just for the video...tongue in cheek so to speak. On the other hand maybe's he's a clicker, who just ahppens to be a really good main tank.

I must admit i wouldn't fancy tanking Halion in the shdow realm as a clicker.

Quote Originally Posted by Cek View Post
    Anyone know of some good strats for the Commanders? My guild couldn't get past them ><
    Yes as mentioned before ccing the Commander and getting him at least 8 yards away from the rest of the pack is key, however we found ourselves having problems getting Hibernate to stick and sap just getting the rogue killed. Wyvern Sting, however, worked like a charm!

Fwibbz

Simply pulling them away will work as well. With the mortal strike and the buff the commander gets for the others being near him, he'll easily wipe any tank trying to grab them all. But if one tank takes the commander and pulls it away as shown in the video, you should have a much better time at it if you can't get the cc to work.

Worked on HM10 on my alt priest yesterday. BoF from a holy pally (the only pally we have in the group) had no effect on the consumption slow. I'll be running it this weekend on my pally tank as well and I'll see if it works, but it would be odd for it to work for some specs and not others.

With running through the dragon on hard mode, how did the raid deal with tail whip? Is there a sweet spot or?

Quote Originally Posted by royalite View Post
    With running through the dragon on hard mode, how did the raid deal with tail whip? Is there a sweet spot or?
    The raid is constantly on his side, and thus, never behind him.

+ Reply to Thread