+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Ruby Sanctum Halion

The commander packs are definitely difficult. we tried several approaches including a hunter droping a trap at just the right spot to catch the commander. that sort of worked but we kept having gaps that let him get spells off. We found the best approach was to have a druid stealth up and hibernate him then run like hell toward the raid. Stealth is not strictly needed but it helps if your not sure of aggro radius. That druid can just keep the guy hibernated the whole time while the tank picks the mobs up well away from the commander to avoid acicdental breakage. Repentance also works on him if you have a ret pally.

For 10 man we used 2 ranged inside on P3 instead and told them to stay far enough apart that they wouldnt blast eachother if debuffed. This let us use a single raid healer in there to keep them and the tank up and just dispell as soon as the debuff landed and not have to try and confirm they were in a safe spot. We had an aflic lock and a hunter as those two ranged so mobility was less of an issue. 25 was a bit more dicey as there seemed to always be someone that either wouldn't move or lagged at a bad time.

Quote Originally Posted by Kanzer View Post
    I don't know if I'd agree 100%, to me the adds seem easier to deal with than 2 lasers and consumption and combustion appearing in both realms during phase 3. So while I agree it does make it easier with no adds, I wouldn't necessarily say its trivialized tons, because the adds aren't the hardest part of the hard mode.
    Wait what? in 25 hard mode you do not have to dispel in phase 3?

Quote Originally Posted by Darksend View Post
    Wait what? in 25 hard mode you do not have to dispel in phase 3?
    lolwut?

No, the void zones dropped from combustion and consumption affect both the twighlight and physical realm, so you have less space to work with. I was saying to me that mechanic and the lasers are the harder to deal with mechanics when compared to the adds in physical realm.

That and i believe they also grow greater in size then in normal mode.

Hi,

I'm new to your forum but i watched your video on Hallion and had a question that wasn't answered in the video (and although i have looked through this thread i have not seen the question posted although i could be mistaken and may have missed it). This question is mostly aimed at the 10 man version seeing as my guild is waiting till sunday to attempt the 25 man one. However the answer to my question may vary for each version due to the increase in numbers taking part in combat.

Anyway i was wondering when is the best time to pop Bloodlust/Herosim during this combat. I've been having many disagreements between guildmates on this one due to everyone having a different theory on the matter. Phase 2 you have everyone inside the twilight realm and a lot more people at risk of being killed by the lazerbeam attack from the orbs, because of this i believed it would be best to have it used then as this would get the phase completed a lot quicker and reduce the risk of people being killed in the hectic realm of phase 2 and making the overall survivability to phase 3 far greater. Although several people inmy guild has argued to use it in phase 3 to nuke down hallion as fast as possible and the raid is split in 2 and may cause issues for healers (Especially the one/s in the twilight realm as they are moving a lot). This however (in my opinion) does not assist with the need for balanced dps on both sidesas the popping of bloodlust/herosim may tilt the balance of dps in favour of either physical or twilight realms favour.

I was just wondering what your opinion was on the matter as neither group 1 or 2 of our 10 man groups have downed it yet.

Also if you have a different theory for 25 man as well it would be most useful if you could share it

Thank you for your time

Quote Originally Posted by Darksend View Post
    Heroic 10 vs heroic 25 is a little ... unbalanced? I realize it would be hard to have adds in a 10 man, but not having adds trivializes it so much.
    I think they could have left the Living Inferno in, and removed the Living Embers for Heroic 10man, opposed to no adds at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazeshi View Post
    Anyway i was wondering when is the best time to pop Bloodlust/Herosim during this combat.
    Simple answer Phase 2.

Long Answer Phase 2 because P2 is the phase that poses the most difficult time for players, dealing with Soul Consumption, and the Twilight cutters. Lusting in P2 cuts down on the time that your entire raid is required to be in that realm. If you lust in P1 you have to deal with a longer and more difficult P2. If you lust in P3 you need to make sure you have 2 shaman alive, 1 in the physical realm, and 1 in the twilight realm, otherwise only 1 realm will receive the benefit of bloodlust, and will make the fight very difficult for the other realm.

Thanks for the reply, thats what i thought

An effective strat for Phase 2/3 is to have your tank try and almost line up the orb with Halion's head. This way when the beam happens, it goes from head to tail where no one should be standing anyway. The tank can then rotate Halion, following the beam/orb slowly. This keeps everyone at Halion's flanks and gives raiders some time to move.

Response

Hey guys love the new intro and your videos have always been helpful, keep it up!

For my guild I was the shadow tank in phase two and what I found that worked easier for us was to put everyone on the bosses left flank and keep him stationary until beams are about to come out. I would then make sure to rotate him before beams came out in order to get the orbs at one o' clock and seven o' clock from my perspective in order to keep the beam away from where the raid was stacked. Once beam comes out rotate accordingly, after the beam is gone leave him stationary until the orbs do a full revolution back to the same position, if the beam is coming sooner than anticipated you can always start rotating halion early.

Our guild got the 13th server kill (10 man). Not bad for a bunch of newly gathered server transfers

My guild completed this but was just wondering something about consumption/combustion. The magic part of the debuff is the DoT component and the curse part is the stacking part. So...when I cleansed the curse it seemed the stack decreased by one and then dropped effectively making a smaller void zone. Just something i noticed, can anyone confirm/deny?

What resolution are Aliena Playing with ?? anyone knows ?

So we had our first attempt at the ruby sanctum tonight and we got to the first mini-boss, Baltharus the Warborn. And next thing that happens is that this guy makes a minced meat meal of our 55k warrior tank in less than 2 seconds (no I am not exaggerating here), even with three healers.

I have a gut feeling that the Enervating Brand mechanic was somehow involved in our tank's untimely demise, but hardly any guides seem to mention how to deal with it (eg. Wowhead's article). They are not even consistent as to what the exact mechanic is: I've seen claims that it not only reduces damage dealt but armor too.

So, what is that is so blatantly obvious or insignificant about this mechanic that noone deems it important enough to mention?

Also, assuming that wowhead's description of the mechanic is true, I see two ways to deal with it: Either have the raid stack fairly closely togther and have the affected players move away, once they get the debuff or spread out (12+ yd) the raid at all times. Anyone have some experience as to what works?
    Last edited by Ajire; 07-04-2010 at 05:47 PM.
    "You pull it, you tank it" -Ajire
    Armory: Ajire@Scarshield Legion.EU

I'll be making a video guide about the trash encounters and mini-bosses. It will not be an Official Tankspot guide unless Ciderhelm wants it to be, but I decided it was worth it to make the guide anyways because a lot of people are having difficulty with the trash.

In the interim:

On the Baltharus, you want to make sure your melee are 12 yards away from the tank, so stand at max hitbox range behind the boss. If you're unable to arrange this, have affected melee run away as soon as they get it. As long as healer and ranged are 12 yards away from melee and the tank they should be fine. The other ability, Blade Tempest, could also be responsible. Your healers have to give the tanks extra heals through this, and your tank may want to pop some CDs as well.

Just have the affected person run away from everyone else. The issue is Enervating Brand hitting others (doesn't matter who it hits), stacking a +Buff on Baltharus.

We had the people with the Brand run away and it worked easily, it just gets messy when you got 3 Enervating Brands up at the same time later on.

Savianna is easy enough, all stand in a large semicircle, whoever gets the marks runs out to the back (ranged/healers) or sides (melee/tanks).

General was... pain. In 25man that is. We could barely keep up with the adds (granted we were only 21 at that point), and the fire nova from them hurts a ton even with resist buffs up. At least that's his only move, kill the adds fast enough, keep killing him, takes a fair while.

Halion's fight seems to be 99% about the Shadow Cutter beam. If your raid can handle it you'll kill him even if you screw up the Consumptions/Combustions and the Meteors.
    SQUEAK.
    -- (The Death of Rats, Terry Pratchett, Soul Music)

Lulia and Knthrak are absolutely correct. The 2 abilities that cut tanks down on Baltharus are the stacking Enervating Brand and his Blade Tempest ability. We quickly worked out that those affected with the Brand needed to run out at least 12 yards, and I also popped a Shield Wall/Last stand/called for a cool down for safety on his Blade Tempest. Do those things and you guys will be sweet.

For General, we found that cc'ing the adds and a straight up Lust and burn on the boss was the best way for us to handle him. Druids and Hunters kept one side hibernated and trapped while the other side was controlled by our Priests and Locks with their fears. I had our kitty change to bear and taunt of me at 3 stacks of Sunder and we were able to beat him quite comfortably.

The only other thing I can think of that might need a little bit of getting used to for General, was that the current tank must not be feared, or the next highest threat person will be 1 shot. I popped Berserker Rage before the fear lands to combat it but also asked our priests to fear ward me for safety. Hope it helps.

Put up a video in the General section which covers trash and mini-bosses.
    Last edited by Chamenas; 07-05-2010 at 08:16 PM.

Added 25-man normal. 25-man hard modes will be soon, likely.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciderhelm View Post
    Added 25-man normal. 25-man hard modes will be soon, likely.
    Sweet, thanks Cider!

We've added in the 25-man hard mode and will be porting Spiritus' guide directly into this immediately.

+ Reply to Thread