+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Ruby Sanctum Halion

Has anyone encountered taking a portal during phase 2 to 3 transition wiping the raid? We suspect someone with Soul Consumption still up clicked the portal, which made the DOT drop off and yank everyone out of position. (Unfortunately, LoggerHead doesn't have an option for RS yet, and I'm fail at remembering to log.)

Damn you ate a lot of Fire Breaths there and were vulnerable to Tail Swipes for pretty much half the fight ^^

Either way, normal mode is pretty faceroll. The positioning of the raid inside the Shadow Realm along with people moving quick enough on Combustion / Consumption is the only part that takes a bit of getting used to.
    Especially on heroic, with 4 beams in the Shadow Realm, I think it's favorable to just turn him all the time as it's pretty easy for the tank considering he can just activate "walk" instead of running and then walk in a circle during the whole encounter. If you're at the correct Proximity to the boss you'll always turn him at just the right speed for the 4 orbs to allign nicely.

Quote Originally Posted by Xcuse View Post
    Damn you ate a lot of Fire Breaths there and were vulnerable to Tail Swipes for pretty much half the fight ^^
    Not even worth mentioning. We frequently have normal mode encounter recordings with lots of positioning mistakes -- it's a result of finishing an encounter within a couple pulls before fully learning the mechanics. We don't wait for clean kills to publish our movies, in part because these kinds of mistakes usually serve to illustrate things for the viewers.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciderhelm View Post
    Not even worth mentioning. We frequently have normal mode encounter recordings with lots of positioning mistakes -- it's a result of finishing an encounter within a couple pulls before fully learning the mechanics. We don't wait for clean kills to publish our movies, in part because these kinds of mistakes usually serve to illustrate things for the viewers.
    Yea I very much agree, I'm sure I'm not the only one that has been thankful for the fact that you get your guides out as soon as possible, which is going to include one or another mistake considering it's going to be their first kill aswell. Was just striking me pretty hard just how much went wrong there. Then again, that just illustrates on how much of a push over normal mode is going to be in a very short time.

So yea, thanks for the upload

On another hand, it makes me sad that the heroic encounter of this boss is pretty much over within less than 6 minutes of the pull.

hardmode is indeed challenging at least. people underestimate just how quickly the beams kill, and when there's 4, people seem to fail all over!

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

Quote Originally Posted by Xcuse View Post
    Then again, that just illustrates on how much of a push over normal mode is going to be in a very short time.

So yea, thanks for the upload

On another hand, it makes me sad that the heroic encounter of this boss is pretty much over within less than 6 minutes of the pull.
    I'm so glad all your raiders are so 'leet you can raid w/ one hand tied behind your back. *Some* of us are still at Sindragosa on ICC10, Normal. You are only as strong as your weakest team-member. Yes, we're recruiting, but sometimes Uncle Sam likes to haul my raiders away from me. When he pulls 1/2 the progression team, it makes rebuilding a pain. Cuz you can't recruit unless you are raiding, and you can't raid unless you recruit. And if you are in that "we have 10 man main team, and 1/2 of a 2nd" zone, that makes for some hurt feelings come raid time. Even IF they know the rules. Even IF they've known them from the get go. We've had to rebuild 3 times since ICC came out. On ER, our raid times are off the norm (that's when we can raid, folks), and why join a guild that's only 4/12 or 8/12 if you can get that far in a PuG? Oh well, we'll keep plugging away.
    I'm an alt-oholic. I'm ok with that.
    http://warcraftid.com/card/170/n/73a...f/sholozar.jpg

Re: Ruby Sanctum Halion

Quote Originally Posted by CatabriOnEarthen View Post
    I'm so glad all your raiders are so 'leet you can raid w/ one hand tied behind your back. *Some* of us are still at Sindragosa on ICC10, Normal. You are only as strong as your weakest team-member. Yes, we're recruiting, but sometimes Uncle Sam likes to haul my raiders away from me. When he pulls 1/2 the progression team, it makes rebuilding a pain. Cuz you can't recruit unless you are raiding, and you can't raid unless you recruit. And if you are in that "we have 10 man main team, and 1/2 of a 2nd" zone, that makes for some hurt feelings come raid time. Even IF they know the rules. Even IF they've known them from the get go. We've had to rebuild 3 times since ICC came out. On ER, our raid times are off the norm (that's when we can raid, folks), and why join a guild that's only 4/12 or 8/12 if you can get that far in a PuG? Oh well, we'll keep plugging away.
    Wow. Don't take this the wrong way, but putting other guilds down because of your internal issues. I also don't really think this kind of attitude will get you any pity.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Cry Havoc! And let slip the Ghosts of War..

Quote Originally Posted by Goros View Post
    Wow. Don't take this the wrong way, but putting other guilds down because of your internal issues. I also don't really think this kind of attitude will get you any pity.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
    I didn't ask for pity. Everyone is "oh we did 1 shot the entire raid the first week it came out, it's too easy." We aren't the only guilds that have problems. We are actively working on ours. Mostly that means teaching people HOW to raid. I'm ok with that. I'm not ok with folks saying "oh it's so easy" implying that anyone whose group is struggling is piss poor and shouldn't be raiding. No, our raiders don't hit the top of the dps charts I see in parses. No, sometimes they don't always get out of fire. But they are trying. And when they come here (because I send them) and they see posts like "he's dead on heroic w/in 6 minutes" they can't help but feel inadequate. Sometimes it works, and they try harder. Sometimes it doesn't. And they don't re-up their subscription. I have at least 2 raiders whose first raiding experience was ICC. But it won't be their last. I'm molding them into decent raiders, and we'll conquer the content.

Your comment struck a nerve and that nerve twanged hard. It's true, we seem to attract a higher than normal military contingent. Something to do with the GM being ex-Army, I'm sure. And we support those of our guild-family that are called away to serve. It just makes it hard to fill the void, both emotionally and physically. And on our server, people who haven't cleared the content, want to be carried thru by guilds who have already done it all, not who are still trying to down the last two bosses. Makes recruiting difficult.

I wasn't putting others down as much as upset about the tone of "it's so easy a caveman can do it" that came across in your post. Lord knows I have no legs to stand on. We are a youngish guild, we've been seriously attacking content for only a little over a year. I want my folks to be proud of their accomplishments, not feel bad because they haven't defeated it all on heroic mode from day 1.
    I'm an alt-oholic. I'm ok with that.
    http://warcraftid.com/card/170/n/73a...f/sholozar.jpg

I pug-healed, for 10-man, there yesterday. I must say, it was not easy, which is fine, with me, as I could see that it's not impossible. We were getting further, with each attempt, but stopped, after five or six wipes, due to time. It wasn't gear, or lack of good players...it was as has been described, in the vid...moving out, when hit with debuff, and timing it with the cleansing, was difficult--best done with audible shouts, I think. Also, as healer, having to move, and being caught too far away, with fire all around me, was not fun. And, porting into phase two took a couple of wipes to get down...the revolving orbs were a quick learn...once or twice getting caught to them, and one is pretty much "aware"...hah! Alas, never got as far as phase three. On a brighter note, I didn't think the tanks were really getting hammered very hard, by the boss, from a healing perspective. At least, not "spiky"...

I can't wait to try it, with my guild, either...of course, I'm locked out now, for the week...(darn, answered the call, from a guildie, to help out on a pug, just before the guild leader logs on, and wants to start a "probe run" on it!)
    -"Just like a buzzin' fly, I come into your life, I'll float away, like honey in the sun..."--Tim Buckley

To keep things on topic....

Attempted it with alts, killed with mains in 10man. 5 dps, 3 healers, 2 tanks.

With 25man heroic gear it's all about getting past the part of 'learn to dodge beams' and you have it. While on my alt tank the tank healing and splitting out the healing was significantly harder, so i personally suggest since i don't think there's a real enrage timer on it, haven't seen it yet even on long attempts.

That if you're a 10man guild do it with 4 healers and 4 DPS, 2 Tanks. that way if you also balance out the dps nicely you shouldn't have to stop that often.

Been looking at a few vids, of the fight, today. I saw something I'm not sure of, but which would really change the difficulty to possibly easier. It looked as though one didn't have to get very close to the portal, to enter it. Anyone else notice this? As in, if I don't have to run right up to it, I can click on it, and be in postion, upon entering? Or, was that just something I saw that was perhaps an edit of the video?

Note: It wasn't this video, as I'm at work, and haven't seen this one, yet (work won't allow it).
    -"Just like a buzzin' fly, I come into your life, I'll float away, like honey in the sun..."--Tim Buckley

Heroic 10 vs heroic 25 is a little ... unbalanced? I realize it would be hard to have adds in a 10 man, but not having adds trivializes it so much.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciderhelm View Post

Make sure that the tank healer in your group takes the portal out of the shadow realm right before phase 3 starts, so they're ready to heal the tank that stayed outside.
    Does the portal to get from twilight back to physical spawn before phase three starts? I didn't see it when we were in there tonight.
    I'm a tank. I like the beatings.

what do you think about insta-cleanses. I was trying to argue it could be better for hero 10 man specifically. 10 man theres more room to spread and 1 stack of debuff is like a 5 yard circle. Opposed to kids not being far enough until 3-5 stacks and giant 15-25 yard radius circles.
    I remember The Beets - Killer Tofu Tour

Instant cleansing means smaller circles but if you get an unlucky melee strike in the shadow realm then it would be hard for melee to dps and harder to around to avoid beams.

Same for fire zones + meteorite can screw up your entire play map.

In 10 man it might work but placing circles beter would always be beter but that fully depends on the reaction time with others and how many dispellers you have as not only do you need to run them out you also need to be in range of a dispell or you would still drop a rather large void.

alt strat

Just something that i came up with for my guild as we have great trouble getting ppl not to stand in the giant laser beams :P
    Same as above apart from int shadow realm you have your tank tank it at the side wall and kites it following the orb round clockwise then stop when the orbs are linked and the raid speads out behind the dragon and in between the dragona nd the middle of the room. This is the hardest part of this. After the beam stops your tank waits for the next orb to pass by him then move up with it till the beam starts again and the raid speads out in the same palce as before in realtion to the new possiton of the dragon this reduces te move in the fight a lot we found.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

hope that helps ppl :P

Quote Originally Posted by breaklance View Post
    what do you think about insta-cleanses. I was trying to argue it could be better for hero 10 man specifically. 10 man theres more room to spread and 1 stack of debuff is like a 5 yard circle. Opposed to kids not being far enough until 3-5 stacks and giant 15-25 yard radius circles.
    I'd have some concern about the impact of dropping circles near the tank, and the effect of it "repositioning" the tank, so to speak.... a bad timed circle moving the tank (whether throwing him back with fire or yanking him closer with twilight) can drop a breath on all the wrong people, or move him out of healer range.
    I'm a tank. I like the beatings.

Quote Originally Posted by Berzerker View Post
    I'd have some concern about the impact of dropping circles near the tank, and the effect of it "repositioning" the tank, so to speak.... a bad timed circle moving the tank (whether throwing him back with fire or yanking him closer with twilight) can drop a breath on all the wrong people, or move him out of healer range.
    or put him between a void zone and a beam = death.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

Quote Originally Posted by Darksend View Post
    Heroic 10 vs heroic 25 is a little ... unbalanced? I realize it would be hard to have adds in a 10 man, but not having adds trivializes it so much.
    I don't know if I'd agree 100%, to me the adds seem easier to deal with than 2 lasers and consumption and combustion appearing in both realms during phase 3. So while I agree it does make it easier with no adds, I wouldn't necessarily say its trivialized tons, because the adds aren't the hardest part of the hard mode.

Aaand, I never stayed in the physical realm during phase 2, when you come back out Halion just kinda sits there until someone attacks him, it was never an issue having the tank port in and then back out for us.

Corporeality meter: It displays a different meter in the different realms. So if you are in the physical/fire realm and you guys are doing too much damage, your meter will display 30% and at the same time, the people in the shadow realm will see a meter that says 70%. So if your meter is high you should DPS harder and if your meter is low, you should back off for a few seconds.

+ Reply to Thread