Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: New to lk fight

How are you handling the horrors and ghouls? Are you killing them with the plague? If so, your add tank should be standing away from everyone else, then waiting until the adds are dead and the plague is dispelled before joining the group.

Quote Originally Posted by azreal369 View Post
    my guild has been progressing through the citadel as well and we finally hit the high point of the darn place after a long time of progression were finally at the king.

now we had a few people drop in and out of a mostly consistent 10 man group

so right now our line is as follows

tanks: bear and pally

healer and this is where im starting to get afraid were at myself a disc priest and two trees

our dpsers are a ret pally, lock, 2 hunters, and were flip flopping between a dk and a rogue based on who is ever on at the time

so as u can imagine this is putting alot more stress then nessecary on me between keeping the tanks bubbled, the necrotic plague flowing to the horrors, and debuffs dispelled.

weve progressed through the first phase and transition phase in very short time our longest being 6 minutes and the usual it takes us is around 4. and just when i think i can go back to healing there it is on my grid again the necrotic plague still bouncing around the real point of this is how do i once and for all get rid of the plague. any advice or comments would be extremly helpful specially from someone who has been in a similar raid set up

I suggest having the Druids focus on healing the two tanks. You should be putting Rank 10 or 11 Power Word: Shield on everyone else for infest (start 12 seconds before infest casts). You don't need to shield the tanks. The shields will absorb the infest damage, and hopefully break all of the bubbles refunding all your mana from Rapture. They should not go below 90% health so infest will not be a problem, if someone does go below 90% then you just penance them immediately to keep them up above. The druids will be getting the tanks above 90% constantly so infest is not a problem there.

Make sure melee and main tank get away from the off tank as you go into transition. When/if the plague jumps to the OT you can just dispell it off right away and it will be gone forever.

We tank the LK on the edge in phase 1, that way we don't have to move out there for the transition.

OK just as an update, you never know it may help some people, we haven't actually had a lot of time on LK recently due to tank issues and having one of our main dps have to tank the fight on an alt

On our most recent attempts, we managed to get him to about 50% on the best one and we had one bad defile and well........ the rest was history.

We have given up dispelling the enrages on shamblings as with the buffs out, our healers and tank don't seem to have an issue with it, he pretty much phase changes in plenty of time before the third shambling spawns and we normally only have on raging spirit up at the end of transition (i normally tell dps to pop a cd if needed to get them down quicker)

The valks don't seem to be an issue tbh, they go down quickly enough once they are stunned and or slowed, it's just raid being aware of every defile that let us down.

I have warned raid about extra raging coming in next phase trans and that we will pop hero at this point, i have talked about the vile spirits, but not yet assigned anyone to be a soaker as needed. I was thinking it may be better if i soaked the first wave as a ret, as not sure how long the first wave takes after phase trans and there could be a chance the ot has a raging spirit on him, then he would take waves after that, I have told them about the frostmourne room in preparation for that

Is there anything else i need to cover for the rest of the fight, and is it a good idea for me to soak first wave myself ?

Thanks once again for any help that may be incoming

It sounds like you have most bases covered. Don't forget that Defile continues into p3, and also that Harvest Soul (which healers should be on their toes watching for) comes fairly fast after the transition.

If you can master p2, p3 is pretty straightforward. You mentioned bad defiles. One thing that improved our handling of defiles quite a bit as a guild was to demand everyone put the LK on /focus. He switches targets as he casts - if you can get people into the habit of watching their focus and focus target as Defile is about to go out it gives everyone a couple of extra seconds to run in the right direction.

Best of luck - I'm sure you'll have a kill soon.
    Fayre - Soldiers of Azeroth, Aggramar(EU)
    http://www.soldiersofazeroth.net/
    We are recruiting! See here for more details.

For the val'kyrs -- does anyone know for sure whether the Charge stun is still off the stun DR? Also, can anyone confirm or deny whether warrior's shield bash slows them with the daze? It seems like it when I hit them, but I'm not exactly keeping up with what else is going on at the time... If I'm not imagining things, that's one more slow, on top of the warr's 3 stuns (charge, concussion and shockwave), and since the LK isn't cleaving, your warr can afford to help out a bit that way.
    Don't forget Intercept! I believe Charge and Intercept share DRs with eachother, and Conc + SW share DRs with eachother. I'll typically Charge then Conc blow, toss a few sunders up, run out, Intercept + Shockwave.

Piercing Howl slows them as well.

Quote Originally Posted by alocer View Post
    The valks don't seem to be an issue tbh, they go down quickly enough once they are stunned and or slowed, it's just raid being aware of every defile that let us down.

I have warned raid about extra raging coming in next phase trans and that we will pop hero at this point, i have talked about the vile spirits, but not yet assigned anyone to be a soaker as needed. I was thinking it may be better if i soaked the first wave as a ret, as not sure how long the first wave takes after phase trans and there could be a chance the ot has a raging spirit on him, then he would take waves after that, I have told them about the frostmourne room in preparation for that

Is there anything else i need to cover for the rest of the fight, and is it a good idea for me to soak first wave myself ?
    Pro tip - have everyone in the raid turn on chat bubbles. Seriously. Interface > Social > Show chat bubbles. (Hope I'm not repeating advice already in this thread if so sorry I missed it) Whomever he casts Defile on will say "Defile on me!" Having a big bubble pop up over the head of whoever is getting Defile was a HUGE help for us avoiding it.

If you Hero (why did I write 'Lust' there at first I've never played horde) in the transition (I would recommend not right at the start but 5 seconds or so after first Raging comes up) I don't think you will need to worry about the extra Rager at all. In fact you'll likely find it easier than the first one.

I don't recall off the top of my head, but the Vile's aren't immediate on P3-you'll have the Raging dead. Once you get to P3 it really is all downhill. Make use of the room you have now that there aren't any Valks-move the king far away from the Viles. As far as you soaking as ret - I'm not sure thats the best idea. They can still hurt, esp if you get them all (like you are trying to), or at least all at once.

Like I said - once you get cleanly into P3 you've done the hard part of the fight. Out of the months we spent wiping on the King, we wiped getting into P3 cleanly like twice, I think.

Good Luck
    ~Patch

Actually got to take what is very close to my first choice group to lk for a few tries tonight, defile seemed to be handled a lot better in general towards the end of the raid, and twice pushed him into the 2nd remorseless winter phase (last two attempts ), the only prob was we had a few to many down to make much of an impact (well first time it caught us out tbh and we were still in middle of the room).

I remember reading on here that if somebody gets picked by a valk right close to phase transition to just force the transition as valk will drop the player on the 'new' platform edge, we did this (was me picked up), but i died to ticks from remorseless winter, i there anyway around this situation apart from holding all dps on lk till valk is dealt with, or was it just an unlucky bit of timing (i have a feeling it had been slowed which may explain things)

One other question, we talked about popping hero in the accepted point of 2nd transition, i was looking at our first transition and we always only have one raging spirit left up and that is already being dps'ed down as he hits quake, if all our dps are alive do you think we would be better to hold the hero and just nuke the ragings, then burn last one and LK at same time in last phase, or may that cause unecessary stress on our healers rest of raid, or would we have too many ragings up for it to be viable.

- Patch - thanks for the tips, just to quantify what i meant by me soaking as a ret, i intend to have divine shield avaliable (hopefully) for this point in the fight so exploding them and nullifying the damge for one wave, also do a dk's AOTD ghouls taunt the vile spirits as well ?

After tonight i feel we may be getting close to a kill, hopefully next week, the guys and girls are now full of enthusiasm for it, which is nice, as i think they can sense a kill on the horizon as well

Thanks once again for everyone who has been sharing their knowledge, it has been an immense help to us, hopefully my next update will include a lk kill

I remember reading on here that if somebody gets picked by a valk right close to phase transition to just force the transition as valk will drop the player on the 'new' platform edge, we did this (was me picked up), but i died to ticks from remorseless winter, i there anyway around this situation apart from holding all dps on lk till valk is dealt with, or was it just an unlucky bit of timing (i have a feeling it had been slowed which may explain things)
    I've never actually run into this situation, so I can definitively comment here, but what I will say is as you get more comfortable with the mechanics in this phase you'll find it much easier to time your dps on the King to where this isn't an issue. Bad luck / timing I'd say.

One other question, we talked about popping hero in the accepted point of 2nd transition, i was looking at our first transition and we always only have one raging spirit left up and that is already being dps'ed down as he hits quake, if all our dps are alive do you think we would be better to hold the hero and just nuke the ragings, then burn last one and LK at same time in last phase, or may that cause unecessary stress on our healers rest of raid, or would we have too many ragings up for it to be viable.
    You're certainly welcome to try, but I would recommend against it-mainly because there isn't a better time to use it and this transition is the tipping point of the fight. It is the biggest 'race' in the fight, both healing and dps. FWIW on our second kill of him we had 2 dps die at the end of this transition but still managed P3 just fine by going slow and steady (it was a one shot lawl). It's about control more than burn.

- Patch - thanks for the tips, just to quantify what i meant by me soaking as a ret, i intend to have divine shield avaliable (hopefully) for this point in the fight so exploding them and nullifying the damge for one wave, also do a dk's AOTD ghouls taunt the vile spirits as well ?
    Honestly I'm not sure about AotD-I would imagine they would taunt them, but I don't even know how much control the DK has over them (I thought they followed the DK?). ie it does no good to have the spirits taunted by AotD if the army is in range of other players and they get hit by the Spirit Burst anyways.

I'm always a fan of keeping things as simple as possible, which means that whomever is going to soak soaks the whole time. Having said that, you could certainly soak the first wave if it means giving the rest of your raid time to settle in to the new phase and get their positioning down and seeing how it all works.

Good luck, it sounds like you're just a couple of looks away from getting it.
    ~Patch

Have someone watching the valkyrie timer and the LK's health to call off DPS if the timing is off. (If we can't push it before a spawn, we hold around 42 percent.) Ideally you'd want to have valks spawn, then tip the phase right after they die. When that works, it's great, as you're already near the edge.

Save Heroism for the second transition and just kill the last raging while the MT engages LK. Make sure the tank on the spirit keeps it pointed away from people.

well managed to get 6 attempts on lk with my first choice team tonight, we certainly made some progress as well

We got through the second raging spirit trans twice (ok everyone was dead on change first time), deflies and valks seem to be handled well, even a bigger defile than should be is being handled by the rest of raid, 2nd time we got him to last phase we had a healer down and one got ported to frost mourne on 2nd person to be picked, so we wiped at 24%, but if we can get to there we will kill hime next time we try.

I was amazed to see fight was only 9 mins old when we wiped i thought we would be pushing the enrage timer a wee bit more, but it wouldnt appear so

The only issue i noted that kinda may have caught us by suprise a little, was as we moved to 2 nd raging spirit trans, the first victim of a raging gets knocked over while in remorseless winter (and died in this case), i assume the only solution is for people to make their way over for transition in plenty of time to combat this

I noticed as we were pushing him to phase 2 we were always close to the 2nd shambling horror spawning, would it be maybe an idea to get our dps to blow a couple of short cds to try and push him with only one shambling spawned or would that just make it a small gain for the loss of cds for raging spirits

Thanks again for advice it has helped a load and i feel a kill coming soon

The only issue i noted that kinda may have caught us by suprise a little, was as we moved to 2 nd raging spirit trans, the first victim of a raging gets knocked over while in remorseless winter (and died in this case), i assume the only solution is for people to make their way over for transition in plenty of time to combat this
    We deal with this by moving raid and LK at the edge to prepare for switch, just pay attention to Defile timer.
    Crommi | Archaic Order | Lightning's Blade EU

Quote Originally Posted by Crommi View Post
    We deal with this by moving raid and LK at the edge to prepare for switch, just pay attention to Defile timer.
    Yep we did this tonight and made sure we were good on defile/valk timers, got to last phase with everyone alive and the kill was ours

I just want to once again thank all you folk who helped with suggestions and advice, it made it a lot easier to understand for us

so thanks all

Yep we did this tonight and made sure we were good on defile/valk timers, got to last phase with everyone alive and the kill was ours
    Grats!! Glad to hear it, we were rootin for ya!
    ~Patch