+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Druid Assistance ASAP

Druid Assistance ASAP

Ok, here's a crash course...I'm new to here and WoW (I ordered WoW last night and should be expecting it tomorrow or later this week) I already did preliminary research on all the classes and races and looked at many videos posted from TankSpot. I have decided to make my first character a Night Elf Druid. What I am asking is there any information I should know of ahead of time and are there any sections on this cite for begginers and any guides for Druids (general Druid Guides the only Druid guide I was able to find was one called a Restoration Druid Guide) so if there are any sections on this site catering to my needs please tell me or if there are any other sites that might help me. Thank You for spending sometime to read my dire urgent request for some assistance and I am more than excite to start playing WoW.

*<>* JoeC *<>*

All I can say at this point is it's probably too early for you to get that worried about guides. I'm going to suggest that while levelling you should focus on the feral talent tree and plan on being a cat druid for quite a while. You'll learn about your class as you gain abilities... once you get higher level, the details will start to matter.. until then, just enjoy the game.

Go tauren.

My only tip.

Unfortunately, the first 40-60 levels of ANY class can be terribly frustrating. The fun starts at around 70, at best.

I recommend you level as a feral. Balance spec is doable, but Feral offers the opportunity to be a tank, which gets you instant queues into dungeons.

Watch for key levels when you acquire important skills
    The first 9 levels you run around as a Night Elf, and pretty weak at that
    At level 10 you get your first bear form! (yay!)
    At level 16 you get travel form. You young whippersnappers are lucky, when I was your age, I got it at level 30. You also get aquatic form.
    At level 20 you get cat form. Now you start doing damage.
    At level 30 you can purchase a mount.
    At level 40 you get Dire Bear Form, which is a significant improvement to the ability to be a tank.

Stay away from the auction house unless you are selling items. Skinning and herbalism are good, otherwise take either skinning and Leatherworking or herbalism and alchemy. Save your money for training and other costs (mounts, etc.).

Level feral, it's quick, it's easy, there's no down time at all unless you need a break.

Chances are by the time you hit 80 and are ready to tank Cataclysm will be out... Tank what you can, figure out what your problems are, then come here and get some advice. It's hard to explain mechanics to someone who doesn't have experience with the class.

Keep reading, pick up what you can, and try different things out.

So basically just use this character as a test run?

A guide while helpful, doesn't do much if you don't understand the basics before hand. As Terra said, you shouldn't worry about it too much right away. You should level as whatever spec you want to be when you reach your max level. If you want to be feral, level as feral. If you want to be restoration, level as restoration. If you want to be awesome, level as balance. I have no favorites, honest...

Anyway, you can read about abilities, talents, rotations, and so on all day and night and it won't do you any good if you don't understand some of the basics first. Many of the basics you learn while leveling. You should level as the spec you intend to play because that forces you to learn some of the basics of how to play that way. Once you have a better understanding of the class basics, then reading the guides may make a lot more sense. Doing something because someone says it is best is the wrong approach. Doing something because you understand why it is best is the correct approach. Once you've mastered one aspect of your class you can explore the others.
    "In anything, if you want to go from just a beginner to a pro, you need a montage." /w TankSpot WTB Montage for Raiders.

Basics? Are the basics something I will learn as I will play? Is there any info I should know before hand?

Quote Originally Posted by Skaterjoec55 View Post
    Basics? Are the basics something I will learn as I will play? Is there any info I should know before hand?
    You should learn how to do things along the way as you play the game. It's when you have a basic understanding that you seek out advanced help to refine and improve.

Lets see here, stuff you should know before ever playing WoW... hmm...

1. Druids are more powerful than Chuck Norris. (See for Yourself)
    2. A.S.S. isn't just a part of the body, it's Air Superiority Squadron. (Example)
    3. Moonkin is the only spec that is it's own religion. (Moonkinology)

There are lots of other examples of the sheer awesomeness of Druids, but the fact you've already decided to make one of those first means you already have some understanding of that.
    "In anything, if you want to go from just a beginner to a pro, you need a montage." /w TankSpot WTB Montage for Raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Skaterjoec55 View Post
    Most, if not everything, will actually come by itself as you play. Whether it's from a friendly request, finding out on your own or a rude comment from a co-player doesn't matter since you will eventually learn it! What I would really suggest you is to read all ability tool tips thoroughly as this will make your game play not only better but also more fun and diverse.

Oh yeah, and of course there are jackasses in WoW too so don't be surprised when someone flames you! Some don't know better.

Ok thanks a lot guys, BUT lol I have one more question, should I bother buying the WoW exspansion packs atm or should I just reach level 60 then get the exspansion packs?

Quote Originally Posted by Insahnity View Post
    Unfortunately, the first 40-60 levels of ANY class can be terribly frustrating. The fun starts at around 70, at best.

I recommend you level as a feral. Balance spec is doable, but Feral offers the opportunity to be a tank, which gets you instant queues into dungeons.

Watch for key levels when you acquire important skills
    The first 9 levels you run around as a Night Elf, and pretty weak at that
    At level 10 you get your first bear form! (yay!)
    At level 16 you get travel form. You young whippersnappers are lucky, when I was your age, I got it at level 30. You also get aquatic form.
    At level 20 you get cat form. Now you start doing damage.
    At level 30 you can purchase a mount.
    At level 40 you get Dire Bear Form, which is a significant improvement to the ability to be a tank.

Stay away from the auction house unless you are selling items. Skinning and herbalism are good, otherwise take either skinning and Leatherworking or herbalism and alchemy. Save your money for training and other costs (mounts, etc.).
    Mounts are at 20 now, with Epic Mounts at 40.

You should buy the expansion packs if you're going to play. They give new professions and new zones, and at the very least you should do as much of your leveling as possible in the new zones (Eversong, Ghostlands or the Draenei areas) because the questing is MUCH better and faster there.

Ultimately there is no guide that will really prepare you. You'll just have to learn a lot and make mistakes. The good thing is that WoW is very much forgiving. Right now, though, there's just too much information and too many things to learn. Take your time and have fun with a druid, try out stuff that sounds neat, and pick things up as you go.

oh one more question hehe...is there a cite where I can find out what all the WoW slang terms mean that other players use during play on WoW?

Also if anyone has any idea how I should set up my UI and if there are any addon's I should get please give me a answer and some examples on how I should set up my UI because I don't want to start playing WoW as a bliind man so all the help i can get will be greatly appriciated.

The UI is totally a personal thing. There are a couple of things you should absolutely get - omen is basically crucial, I think, and some kind of auction tool like auctioneer is a very big deal. After that though - try stuff on that sounds good! Xperl or Pitbull, Grid, Broker, etc. Heck, try one of the UI packs you can find on curse that look neat and see if you like them. There's nothing that you need right away.

Any common WoW slang terms oriented toward the game, not insults but game specific slang I should know will also be very helpful in my journey through WoW.

With some extra research I have stumbled upon that with a druid you can turn not only into a bear and cat but also other creatures such as moonkin and a seal and so on are those no longer in the game or were they a temporarily thing?

You can still turn into a seal. You can turn into a moonkin with a talent in the balance talent tree. You can turn into a tree with a talent in the restoration tree. You'll eventually be able to turn into a bear, a cat, a cheetah, a seal, an eagle, and if you choose to a moonkin and a tree.

For slang, you can check out wow slang:
    http://www.wowslang.com/dictionary

Just another quick question and probably more after that sorry lol I am just trying to prepare myself as much as possible before I start playing.
    Where can I find a site that give quest walkthroughs for druids night elf but in order you recieve them?

+ Reply to Thread