+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Am I Main Tank ICC Ready?

Am I Main Tank ICC Ready?

Ok I have gotten what I think is a fairly good tank set here. Do you think I am ICC ready? Are my gems optimized? Glyphs? I have read alot of forums and done alot of research on tanking and from my understanding I am there, but I would like some full time raiders to let me know if what I have will work. I have done ICC on my lock but tanking is a different animal. Please any advice would be appreciated. Thnx.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...n=Childeroland

Hey, with the current "super" buff in ICC i would say there is no problem with you tanking with your current gear setup. I would recommend switching out that +20 Hit Gem you have in your ring to another Stam gem, but besides that my only advice is to just OffTank a run or two and get used to the movements or whatever and you should have no problems at all Good luck!

Well from a pure gear point of view almost half the items you have are already the same i-level as those that drop in the instance, so in effect you already overgear the instance.

Your gems are a bit of a mishmash, sometimes you seem to try and go for the socket bonuses othertimes not. I think your slightly over hit cap so could probably drop a hit gem or two. Gemming for strength seems sensible as i imagine the biggest issue for newer tanks now is keeping threat rather than dying now that the 25% buff is in place.

The set is okay but the gemming is less great. A good gem for a red slot is either Dodge/Stamina (for avoidance) or Expertise/Stamina (for threat/low expertise) or better still... just pure blue stamina. For the yellow slots, either Def/Stam (for avoidance) or just go with pure blue again. I'd also replace your hand enchant with an armor patch (either 240 armor or 18 stam). There are probably other minor tweaks you could do, but lets not worry about those just starting out in ICC.

I'd recommend switching your spec about a bit. Gag Order is a good talent - move the point from Anger Management in Arms and one of the points in either Focused Rage or Shield Spec to get 2/2. I'd also pick up Improved Disciplines if I were you (stealing points from the same places). Your glyphs could use work. Try Glyph of Devastate, Glyph of Taunt, and Glyph of Shield Wall. If you don't want to go for Imp Disciplines, hang onto Glyph of Blocking rather than that last one or try Glyph of Last Stand just to give you more regular 'oh crap!' buttons.

That said, you could probably ignore all this advice and tank ICC10 without a single change. It's just not the best setup you could have.
    Fayre - Soldiers of Azeroth, Aggramar(EU)
    http://www.soldiersofazeroth.net/
    We are recruiting! See here for more details.

Thanks for the advise so far, so should I pull the talents from anger management and deep wounds to get gag order 1/2 or 2/2 and improved disc? Also if I change up the gems and gem for the socket bonus, am I getting diminishing returns since my def is at 555 if I choose a def/stam gem for the socket? If so would a agil/stam gem be better?

Ya... your gemming needs SERIOUS work.

Regem EVERYTHING to +30 stam except put a +10def/+15stam gem in your helm and a +10agi/+15stam gem in your belt.

Enchanting:
    Shoulders - put on the +30stam/+15resil shoulder enchant from PvP (10k honor at the Stormwind honor vendors)
    Cloak - Change this enchant to +225 armor
    Boots - Change this to Tuskarr's Vitality
    Gloves - what the previous poster said, +18 stam or +240 armor

Your spec could also use some work.

Take at look at the guide in my sig, read it and if you have any more questions I'd be more than happy to answer them.

Edit: Also agi/stam is a red/blu hybrid, defense is yellow/blue hybrid and the DRs on defense at your level are not very sharp at all, get into the 600s then we'll talk. Agi also has DRs so you're not really escaping anything.
    "If the world is something you accept rather than interpret, then you're susceptible to the influence of charismatic idiots." -Neil deGrasee Tyson

Twitter @Aggathon || @Tankspot || Twitch.Tv/Aggathon

Quote Originally Posted by TheChildeRoland View Post
    Thanks for the advise so far, so should I pull the talents from anger management and deep wounds to get gag order 1/2 or 2/2 and improved disc? Also if I change up the gems and gem for the socket bonus, am I getting diminishing returns since my def is at 555 if I choose a def/stam gem for the socket? If so would a agil/stam gem be better?
    Drop anger management and focused rage, you don't really need them. Conversely, you can drop 3 points from shield spec and keep FR, but with revenge being so powerful I'd want the additional block personally. Leave deep wounds where it is, and get 2/2 disciplines and 2/2 gag order.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tengenstein View Post
    just don't let them melee you up the bum.

Ok so it looks like I have my talents and glyphs straight by the advise so far. Ill switch my glyphs out and pick up disciplines and gag order. As for gems (Tank absorb slow) Ill gem what I need for the meta to pop, and the rest Ill stam gem unless I can get the same from the socket bonus and a hybrib gem. Also plan to change my enchants around to match what Aggathon has set up. Sound right so far?

::Thumbs Up::
    "If the world is something you accept rather than interpret, then you're susceptible to the influence of charismatic idiots." -Neil deGrasee Tyson

Twitter @Aggathon || @Tankspot || Twitch.Tv/Aggathon

Great thanks so much for the advise. Tanks a bunch!

Quote Originally Posted by Aggathon View Post
    Ya... your gemming needs SERIOUS work.

Regem EVERYTHING to +30 stam except put a +10def/+15stam gem in your helm and a +10agi/+15stam gem in your belt.

Enchanting:
    Shoulders - put on the +30stam/+15resil shoulder enchant from PvP (10k honor at the Stormwind honor vendors)
    Cloak - Change this enchant to +225 armor
    Boots - Change this to Tuskarr's Vitality
    Gloves - what the previous poster said, +18 stam or +240 armor

Your spec could also use some work.

Take at look at the guide in my sig, read it and if you have any more questions I'd be more than happy to answer them.

Edit: Also agi/stam is a red/blu hybrid, defense is yellow/blue hybrid and the DRs on defense at your level are not very sharp at all, get into the 600s then we'll talk. Agi also has DRs so you're not really escaping anything.
    Listen to him. I checked your armory and many gems have yet to be changed. Current gemming is really ugly. :/ You should get on this asap.

Yeah the gemming is gonna take a little, I am on vacation atm so cant really gather and do my money making so waiting on cash for the gems. Once I finish my gems I will change my spec over. I did change 4 gems over yesterday so working on it. thnx

Ok I think i have the majority of the changes in place now. Take a look and see if I am on the right track. Thanks all!

Childe
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...n=Childeroland

You are still chasing stam bonus on belt. Why?
    And pillars of might, all stam.
    If you MUST use hit, go wit hit/stam, not pure hit. This is why Agg said Def/stam and not pure def.

+ Reply to Thread