+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Need a new mouse.

Need a new mouse.

I need a new mouse, but I have no clue what a good mouse is these days.
    One of my guildies adviced me to get a logitech MX518, but I want some other opinions.

So what would you guys advice me to get?
    (Note: I prefer wired, sturdy mice that fit my huge hands.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kahmal
    ...there is no true progression for a casual anymore, just hand outs.

mx518

why hello thar tech forum.
    Got a question? Try here: Evil Empire Guides and here: Tankspot Guides and Articles Library first!

When did TS get a tech forum?

I really do learn something new every day!

I would suggest

http://www.guru3d.com/article/cooler...e-review-test/

I have it and consider it the best mouse I have owned by far. Great for fps games as well

Quote Originally Posted by Martie View Post
    When did TS get a tech forum?
    Quote Originally Posted by This forum's first post
    For Sale: ASUS Motherboard / DDR3
    Started by Temig, 10-04-2008 10:38 PM
    =)

Anyway, back to your mouse search!

I second the MX518 suggestion. Excellent mouse.
    Got a question? Try here: Evil Empire Guides and here: Tankspot Guides and Articles Library first!

Need a new mouse.

I got a razer naga about 3 months ago. The best buy ever. Recomend getting on. Everyone go buy one now lol

I recently bought a Razer Naga and find it extremely useful to have that many buttons right on your mouse. It's not for everyone, as the feel takes some getting used to (the 2 opened box products at Best Buy is evidence of that).

Some negatives; the "used to be thumb buttons" are placed in an awkward position and sort of in no mans land. It's out of place for both your thumb or finger to easily reach, though with all those thumb buttons who needs them? Some of the very bottom buttons are quite a stretch. At first you'll be hitting a lot of buttons by mistake but it comes with some trainers you can stick on the keys to help train your brain on where each key is. There's no physical button or slider on the mouse to adjust sensitivity, but the software that comes with it lets you finely tune it and change a variety of other settings.

Until you run out of spells or your brain can't handle it, there's no such thing as too many keybinds.

count one more vote for the mx518
    Guild Chat Podcast
    www.guildchatpodcast.com

I think you should look into the peregrine gaming glove. I really want to talk to someone who has used it because it just looks silly. I bet it would rock for mages though.

I'm a fan of the Razer mice. I use a Lachesis, I've seen the DeathAdder and Mamba and both are equally nice. I went with the Lachesis because it is wired, it's got a great shape to it for my hand, and it is really responsive. Not a ton of buttons, but enough for me. The Naga would be wicked as well, but would definitely take some adjustment on the user end.
    RNGesus - Saving you unreliably since BC.
    http://i689.photobucket.com/albums/v...ellvarsig3.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by MellvarTank View Post
    I went with the Lachesis ... Not a ton of buttons
    O.o It's a 9 button mouse!

i prefer razer mice for gaming...

i've had a death adder for about 9 months now and i'm in love with it.
    -Jimmy

|Ex Tank|

TWITCH.TV STREAM

Quote Originally Posted by Destruyen View Post
    i prefer razer mice for gaming...

i've had a death adder for about 9 months now and i'm in love with it.
    same here. had the mouse for a couple of years and i wouldn't replace it for anything.

I've been through my fair share of mice, and I'm still using an MX518. I even went to a G5, but switched back to the MX518 because it had issues tracking on my mousepad/sensitivity settings. I could make the G5 flip out on command in Quake Live, for example... and forget trying to LG people (akin to trying to trace a line). Not happening with it jumping around everywhere.

Used a Razer Boomslang 1000 years ago, but the way I handle the mouse made it impossible for me to adjust to it properly... it broke 3-4 times too, but they were all things I was able to open up and fix. So yeah, another vote for the MX518.
    Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity. -Seneca
    Everyone marvels at a square egg, but only the chicken understands the PAIN.

I was up until recently using a Death Adder which was great except for being a bit light for my liking. I have since moved on to a Logitech G500 and have fallen in love with it. It does take a little getting use to as the sensor is forward of center as opposed to a Death Adder, but the ability to customize it by adding weights really works for me.

I would recommened the razer mamba, because it works both with and without a cable.

http://store.razerzone.com/store/raz...ctID.169418100

Superb reaction and very smooth surface. Enough buttons for me, and generally, you'll never see a cooler looking box :P

I really like my MX Revolution. It is big enough for my hands, has easy to reach buttons and plenty of them and is easily configurable. It is wireless but I have never had any issues with that aspect. Gaming is secondary concern for me when it comes to most hardware decisions so its features make up for its lack of gamer cred in my book.

Quote Originally Posted by Lavache View Post
    I really like my MX Revolution. It is big enough for my hands, has easy to reach buttons and plenty of them and is easily configurable. It is wireless but I have never had any issues with that aspect. Gaming is secondary concern for me when it comes to most hardware decisions so its features make up for its lack of gamer cred in my book.
    That's what I had. It grew to have charging issues within six or so months, the scroll wheel stopped working properly eight months in, the main two buttons stopped working nine months in (coming to the reason for needing a new mouse.)
    Size, weight, and button postioning were just about perfect, though.

Need a new mouse.

Quote Originally Posted by bling581
    Some negatives; the "used to be thumb buttons" are placed in an awkward position and sort of in no mans land. It's out of place for both your thumb or finger to easily reach, though with all those thumb buttons who needs them? Some of the very bottom buttons are quite a stretch.
    I agree it takes a little getting used too. But once there you will see why I love it. One question regarding the quote above. You said some buttons are a bit of a stretch. Do you have really small hands as I have never had this issue? If anything I found them a little close to start but with a little effort and time it becomes as natural as using the keyboard.

+ Reply to Thread