+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Sindragosa's Flawless Fang vs. Unidentifiable Organ

It's extremely bad, it has no place in any tank's gear set for any difficult fight.

It's only good for inflating my gear score whenever I log out, as I don't like to pay hardmode DKP for the corpse tongue DE fodder.

extremely bad? even during the previously mentioned 2 armor trinket fights? such as BQL MTing or perhaps even Saurfang?
    I know im definitely going to be using this and going over parses / spreadsheets before I can make a completely finite decision, but I do see some uses spawning from this trinket, I personally cant wait to get one

Quote Originally Posted by Dreador View Post
    The Scarab is impeding, not impending. =)
    But now we have boots of impending ressurection! ahh blizzard you know tanks too well.

Yeah as for general tanking stick with 277 Sindy and 258 JV/scarab. For Saurfang Glyph is recommended, it's a better armor trinket than UO because it's a CD when you need it.

Now with the RS armor trinket it's possible to hit armor cap I believe?

Quote Originally Posted by Sheeta View Post
    Whats your opinion on Petrified Twilight Scale? 2576 Armor Equip: Melee attacks which reduce you below 35% health cause you to gain 828 dodge rating for 10 sec. Cannot occur more than once every 45 sec.
    I actually really like it.
    The proc is rather unreliable (though 828 dodge rating should still be something close to 10% dodge, and that's nothing to sneeze at), but the base armor is nice to have.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kahmal
    ...there is no true progression for a casual anymore, just hand outs.

PTS does seem to be an easy choice to replace Idom with, but I can't see it replacing UO in any case. It seems to overlap UO in terms of which fights it's good for. The faster the swing time the more likely you are to see the proc have an effect (more hits = more opportunities). But when UO gives you static stamina, up to 240/270 and PTS gives you only a roughly 1/10 (if the 10% martie suggests is true) of avoiding a hit, it seems like UO is the more effective trinket between the two.
    An introduction into WarTanking (no longer updated as I've retired from WoW - the concepts will still be mostly accurate but the numbers no longer will be.) - http://www.tankspot.com/showthread.p...101-The-Primer

Now with 25% buff in ICC, don't you think the Petrified Twilight Scale would be good on heroic LK for soul reaper?

So you have a 10% chance of hoping the next melee doesn't kill you?

No it's not better than H jugg/H fang, probably not even better than the key.

Quote Originally Posted by Passive View Post
    Now with 25% buff in ICC, don't you think the Petrified Twilight Scale would be good on heroic LK for soul reaper?
    Id say no, since its use isnt controllable so it cant count as an active CD, you should probably stick to the key or the toc trinket in a situation like that

I think you hit the nail on the head for the new trinket Sheildie. It the current context, I'd use it instead of Glyph of Indom on BQL, but that's about it in the current content. Too much is given up by switching out a stam trinket for this, and even UO outpaces it IMO.

It easily could have great use in Cata, so I'd keep it in the bank at this point, if no one else needs it. EH tends to be king, but we'll start seeing longer fights where healer mana matters. When that happens, avoidance stats/ procs start to matter more.

Quote Originally Posted by Sheeta View Post
    Whats your opinion on Petrified Twilight Scale? 2576 Armor Equip: Melee attacks which reduce you below 35% health cause you to gain 828 dodge rating for 10 sec. Cannot occur more than once every 45 sec.
    I love the idea... I just don't know how much use I'd get out of it in ICC right now. Could have really used a trinket like this back when Algalon was progression, lol.

The on use proc isn't particularly strong, but the 2500 armor is stellar. In terms of EH it's equivalent to about 226 stamina, but that's 226 worth of stamina that is also reduction in actual received damage.

Put it another way: LK melee hits are about 120,000 pre-armor. (it's likely a bit more, but this makes the point). With this trinket and otherwise 'normal' armor levels, you're reducing each normal melee attack by 1600 damage. Against a shambler that's enraged, you're reducing it by almost 4000. That isn't 'terrible'. No, it doesn't help with soul reaper - but it does certainly help with the things that can kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by felhoof View Post
    The on use proc isn't particularly strong, but the 2500 armor is stellar.
    Might have been a mistake, but it's not an on-use proc. It's an auto-proc right when you need it most, which is pretty nice. Outside of ICC/Halion, that much extra dodge would be really damn nice, since you'd probably be somewhere between 75-80% pure avoidance with it up (for a geared tank, who would be the only ones with access to this trinket atm). Too bad none of those fights outside of ICC/Halion are much threat to a geared tank and don't really matter much anymore. Yogg+0 runs with a burn strat would be a nice place to use it.

It's definitely a nicely-designed trinket, and I'll pick up the first one that drops (since I passed on the first, and only, sindragosa trinket we ever saw to our other tank). It's too bad it won't really be of much help at this point in the game for me. : / Esp since I don't even tank LK (cept in p1) or shamblers. I could probably tank p1 LK in ulduar gear and I'd be fine, so it won't really matter there anyway.

The PTS is clearly great for running an all out armor set(it will def replace my glyph when one drops), especially for a Blood Dk or Prot Paladin, in addition to WoTN or AD you have that 10% proc'ing as well and it just adds to the strength of those two talents. However due to the 25% buff in most cases replacing anything above a ToC stam trinket for an armor trinket outside of tanking both melee princes, Saurfang, or MT BQL just does not make much sense. A heroic version may work out better for LK HM than a stam trinket if that is the route you are going as well. By most cases what do I mean? Mostly pugs in these cases you can run the risk of healers just falling behind and armor trinkets working out better, but in an all guild run this should never happen and the stam trinkets come out well ahead.

Why does everyone think that dodge rating is terrible for ICC and RS?

I read the debuff in ICC(and buff in RS) as to reduce your chance to dodge by 20%, so that if you have 22% dodge then you effectively have 2% dodge inside those instances. Now if I were to wear an item that brings my dodge up to 26% dodge that would be an increase of 4%, in ICC I would effectively have 6% dodge and again an increase of 4%. Is there something I am missing here that makes dodge all of a sudden useless because of a debuff? Does it work like armor where going from 68% mitigation to 69% mitigation is much better than going from 58% to 59%?

It appears to me that an increase in dodge% has the exact same effect on your avoidance IN and OUT of ICC/RS. Please correct me if I am wrong

simple answer:

Dodge isn't terrible for ICC and RS, the way it is implemented, with DR, it works the same way as you described.

BUT

Dodge is terrible everywhere. EH wins, flat out for any bosses that matter, relying on RNG to save you is the quickest way to spell failure to your raid. THAT is why dodge is neglected, as is parry. They DONT serve the purpose of survivability as well as EH stacking, so why be subpar. Has nothing to do with ICC or RS, and everything to do with mechanics of the game.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

Quote Originally Posted by Myrkur View Post
    Why does everyone think that dodge rating is terrible for ICC and RS?
    Since you lose so much avoidance from the debuff(s) in these zones, you ARE going to take strings of hits back to back quite frequently. The reason for stacking EH is to survive when these strings of hits happen. Since they happen much, much, much more frequently in these 2 zones when compared to any other raid in wotlk, it makes EH that much more important to push for. If we were able to avoid 75% of all attacks in these 2 zones, then adding extra static avoidance on top of that would seem a bit more desirable. The chance of taking 3-4 hits in a row is so much smaller with 65-75% avoidance than with 45-55%. EH is still the way to go though, with or without the avoidance debuff.

Back to the Ruby Sanctum armor trinket..... After seeing just how hard Halion hits on 25man heroic, I'm starting to think this trinket would be pretty nice on that fight. Yes, you take quite a bit of magical damage, but it's not nearly as dangerous or unpredictable as the physical bursts. The armor alone would be nice, and the dodge buff, while not that amazing, would probably be up almost every cooldown lol (at least for me and the majority of tanks I know/see who tank downstairs). By the time I get the trinket tho, I doubt Halion will be nearly as scary as he is now. :x But w/e, I'd rather have the melee trinket keep dropping, lol. More useful to them than the tank one is to me.
    Last edited by Dragaan; 07-06-2010 at 03:45 PM.

+ Reply to Thread