+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Sindragosa's Flawless Fang vs. Unidentifiable Organ

Sindragosa's Flawless Fang vs. Unidentifiable Organ

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...roc&n=Byronius

I'm a tank just starting to work on H ICC 25. I know I'm capable of the content in my current gear set, but I was wondering what the community's thoughts were on these trinkets?

I sit at 73k in ICC with buffs and 39k armor. Once Sindy's trink drops, it's mine, and my question is about how permanent of an addition Sindy's trinket would be to my set? Would I be switching back to Organ for Marrow? Deathbringer? Rot? Val adds?

I know Unidentifiable Organ would be better for Fester 3 Inhales tanking, but besides that, I'm figuring the Sindy trink will be better for all other fights, excluding 2x armor trinks on BQL.

Just looking for thoughts/ theorycraft on this. Thanks =D

With the buff increasing hp so much tanks have enough EH to not get 1-2 shotted, i'd say use 1 armor trinket to help out the healers as you have enough hp anyway. For some fights like sindy or lady DW flaweless fang is still nice, just switch trinkets for the encounter.

Yeah, build up your EH and armor sets, generally the static stam off sindy will win supreme for most fights especially accompanied by H JV/CSK but switch out for organ on saurf fester and active tank BQL.

I have the 277 trinket and I never replace it when tanking.

Re: Sindragosa's Flawless Fang vs. Unidentifiable Organ

The fights where Unidentifiable's armor aren't drowned out by magic (data taken from a WoL in an old post)
    Marrowgar 86.4% 37 stacks
    Death Bringer 41%(97%) 41 stacks
    Fester 35.6% (one turn) 22 stacks one turn is 120 seconds out of 270 so 78.75% 49 stacks
    Rotface 75.4% 45 stacks
    Putricide 71% 83 total stacks
    Valanar 77% 39 total stacks

In all other fights magic, low uptime and Sindra's cd make the fang better.

UO without stacks is worth about 172 stamina work of EHP. Sind's fang is 228 for the non-heroic. In terms of raw EHP Sind's fang is significantly better, so honestly it depends on your playstyle and the playstyle of the healers and what content you're doing. For most fights, it's really not going to make a huge difference which ones you decide to roll with. If your healers start to struggle a bit, then go with the armor trinket. If your healers have no problems healing you up and you just need more EHP, then go with Sind's.

Example: I did a marrowgar 10 PuG the other week and the healers and DPS were TERRIBLE. As a tank I was beating 2 of the 6 DPS and the highest DPS was like maybe 4k. The other tank was pretty bad too. The healers just couldn't keep up so I swapped to double armor trinkets to try and make it easier for them even though technically it was less EHP (went from ~ 34k unbuffed armorf to ~39k unbuffed armor).
    "If the world is something you accept rather than interpret, then you're susceptible to the influence of charismatic idiots." -Neil deGrasee Tyson

Twitter @Aggathon || @Tankspot || Twitch.Tv/Aggathon

If I were to ever see the heroic fang, I'd probably use it over the organ on every fight except marrowgar and fights where I tank multiple mobs at once (in icc, that's only heroic princes). The organ has a really good uptime on marrowgar from my experience.

Not trying to hijack, it just seems this would be an extension of the discussion ehre.

What are the BiS trinkets? Looking them all over, I would guess it would be Fang (either) and Impending Scarab H with Unidentified Organ being a situational sub?

H Scarab as a little less static stamina than CSK, but the 10sec HP boost would seem to be more valuable than the 1-time absorb, even though the absorb is slightly larger.

If UI had a better uptime, it would seem to be a solid #2 in nearly every case where you don't switch to stamina-centric gear, but I've seen mostly 3 stacks (which is a great 72 sta) and a predilicition for them to fall off during melee with a boss (and absolutely fall off if the boss uses a special ability or there is a phase transition).

So I guess it would seem to me that Fang + H Scarab/CSK would be ~BiS in 'standard' situations, with UI being valuable in specific instances and for trash.

Does this match up? Does anyone have any counter thoughts?
    An introduction into WarTanking (no longer updated as I've retired from WoW - the concepts will still be mostly accurate but the numbers no longer will be.) - http://www.tankspot.com/showthread.p...101-The-Primer

The Scarab is impeding, not impending. =)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tengenstein View Post
    just don't let them melee you up the bum.

Sounds about right Loganisis. I'd definitely put scarab/jug's vit as BIS (heroic version) with H-Fang as second then H-UO as like 2B

Then I'd probably have regular fan 3rd, then CSK and UO as tied for 4th.
    "If the world is something you accept rather than interpret, then you're susceptible to the influence of charismatic idiots." -Neil deGrasee Tyson

The UO really shines on some of the heroic fights (Deathbringer), or on quick hitting bosses. It's a BiS for Blood Queen, mostly because of the armor, but also because of decent uptime. With 3 inhales, UO jumps to 10 stacks pretty quickly on Fester. I've seen good uptime on Marrow and if you have to tank both melee princes on Blood Princes, UO is BiS.

That's 4/12 fights where it's a good bet/ BiS depending on your role as a tank. It's also nothing to scoff at for Rot and DBS. On Deathbringer, it's reducing damage for not only yourself, but for marked targets as well, though I'm not quite brave enough to say BiS for that fight.

Also, I'd think you'd rate regular Jugg's/Sat's higher than some things you listed since you rate the heroic version as BiS.

Yes, in ICC, the BiS trinkets are pretty much heroic fang and the heroic scarab/skeleton key. It's a toss-up between the latter two because sometimes the 2min shield from the skeleton key is really nice, esp if you combine it with the warrior 4p shield or a DK's ams (sindragosa's breaths, for instance). The unidentifiable organ is really nice on specific fights tho, such as marrowgar and heroic princes if you tank both melee princes. The organ could also be considered better than the scarab/key on saurfang, since he strikes pretty quickly at high BP (actually got gibbed once recently by taking 3 ~30k hits in under 3 seconds, heh).

I'm basically just agreeing with most other ppl here. The 258+ stamina trinkets are BiS for most fights in ICC, with heroic organ only beating them on a few fights.

Outside of ICC, the organ trinket really loses a lot of it's value since you have full avoidance and the stacks are much harder to get going. If your guild runs ulduar for yogg0 mounts still, the corpse tongue coin actually works extremely well if you solo-tank the immortal guardians in p3 for the straight burn strat, since with it equipped you can reach ~75% pure avoidance. That's what I use at least. Organ also has crazy good uptime on algalon usually (10stacks is pretty easy to get going at times).
    Last edited by Dragaan; 06-29-2010 at 12:31 PM.

Thanks all. Trinkets seemed to have been one slot where it's mostly been a compare X to Y rather than rank A-F.

CSK versus Scarab, I know that in every situation CSK offered a little more benefit for single burst, but wouldn't Scarab be better since it lasts 10 seconds, giving you that same pool that healable for sustained/multiple bursts?

@Dreador - I graduated from the Ralphy "Me fail english? That unpossible" Wiggins school of English. Seriously, I'm spell fail and I don't even have a caster.
    An introduction into WarTanking (no longer updated as I've retired from WoW - the concepts will still be mostly accurate but the numbers no longer will be.) - http://www.tankspot.com/showthread.p...101-The-Primer

Yes, Scarab is >> CSK

I prefer the key - it can be used more often.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kahmal
    ...there is no true progression for a casual anymore, just hand outs.

Depends on the fight. The hp buff on the scarab is obviously a lot better than the absorb buff from the key, but there might be times when having a smaller cooldown available every 2 minutes beats out having the better one every 3 min. The heroic scarab is going to be more valuable most of the time tho.

The scarab's buff is 15sec btw, not 10sec.

Whats your opinion on Petrified Twilight Scale? 2576 Armor Equip: Melee attacks which reduce you below 35% health cause you to gain 828 dodge rating for 10 sec. Cannot occur more than once every 45 sec.

Quote Originally Posted by Sheeta View Post
    Whats your opinion on Petrified Twilight Scale? 2576 Armor Equip: Melee attacks which reduce you below 35% health cause you to gain 828 dodge rating for 10 sec. Cannot occur more than once every 45 sec.

terrible

Quote Originally Posted by Kyouzenkiru View Post
    terrible
    Very nice way to reply, leaving 0 explanation as to why you feel this way, super helpful.

Anyways, The PTS is a situational trinket, Its not really 'terrible' its actually quite good (in my opinion)

The dodge bonus is pretty meh with the icc and rs dodge debuff, but the armor far surpasses the Glyph of Indomitability in a 2 armor trinket setup

I imagine that outside the -20% dodge zones, once we get into newer content this trinket (even after DR) may become stronger. I dont have one yet but I plan on adding it to my ever expanding revolving door of situational trinkets.

+ Reply to Thread