+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 2 piece tier 10 set bonus or Stam trinket

2 piece tier 10 set bonus or Stam trinket

I just came back to wow after a year off, and I have burned through all the triumph badge gear already. I got a lucky drop in VoA 25 for my tank gloves and I am wondering if I should buy my shoulders for the 2 piece bonus or that really pretty stam trinket.

For shoulders I can pick up either the ilvl 245 triumph badge or 232 set shoulders instead.

As for trinkets I have Glyph of Indomitability, the Furnace Stone (ulduar 10), and the Blackheart.

HP 35k+
    AC 28k without armor trinket.

Any help is appreciated.

-Olympas

Edit: Oops! -- Warrior Tank
    Amory -- currently wearing some pvp/threat gear for heroics but its kinda the right idea.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...eam&cn=Olympas
    Last edited by Olympas; 07-06-2010 at 10:59 AM.

Well, what class are you?
    Con Brio is recruiting! Look within for details. www.conbrioguild.org
    Mage Guide Author
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...skies/advanced

I say go for the stamina trinket. You're gonna keep on getting more and more badges each week so eventually you'll get the 2 piece.

i would say shoulders for 2pc. you have decent trinkets right now with the glyph on indom and black heart while you have 219 shoulders and no set bonus from any tier.
    -Jimmy

|Ex Tank|

TWITCH.TV STREAM

Quote Originally Posted by Destruyen View Post
    i would say shoulders for 2pc. you have decent trinkets right now with the glyph on indom and black heart while you have 219 shoulders and no set bonus from any tier.
    I can get the ilvl 245 shoulders right now. I was waiting to purchase shoulders until I made the decision. Would you still make the same choice?

I didn't even think about the belt. I have a 219 belt with no hopes of upgrades until ICC.

Get 245 Shoulders, then grab the Chain belt (bonus armror NOM NOM NOM?), the 2 piece is all threat and really that shouldn't be a problem.

oh i thought you were talking about the frost badge stam trinket which costs the same amount of frosts as the tier 10 shoulders....
    -Jimmy

|Ex Tank|

TWITCH.TV STREAM

The BS belt is quite good, although it's only 226 but it's a lot better than any 219 belts.

Quote Originally Posted by Tschus View Post
    The BS belt is quite good, although it's only 226 but it's a lot better than any 219 belts.
    All gold for crafted items shuold be going torwards Pillars of might for any plate tank.

In terms of pure upgrades, CSK > Shoulders unless you need the threat from the 2pc, but bonebreaker from Morrowgar 10 or Facelifter from Putricide 10 will do more. As will Glyph of Devastate instead of Cleave/Blocking. Plenty of options for increasing threat without gearing for threat over survivaiblity.

Get Pillars. If you still don't have a boot upgrade at that point then boots of Kingly Upheval. Hopefully by then the 251 wrists have dropped from Deathbringer, if not the crafted 245 wrists.

In terms of next frost purchases, I'm at odds with most on the site, but if you're gaining 40+ frosties a weeks (14 from daily randoms, 4 from VoA 10/25, 5 from weekly, and 18 at least from 4/12 + Free badge in ICC at 10/25) I'd go with:
    Cataclysmic
    CSK
    Tier- Shoulders
    Cloak
    Tier - Head
    Tier - Chest, throw it in the bank until you can upgrade it to the 264 level and then break it out for certain fights.

The cloak is BiS, but with your bonus armor holiday cloak, you're sitting pretty good right now.

Also, run Ony10/25 for a chance at the ring drop to replace Relentless.

Enchants are suboptimal. Not bad, but not as good as they could be.

Shoulder = PvP enchants (10k honor, stormwind) - only enchants with Stamina, and the Res reduces your critability so you can dip slightly under 540.

Back = +225 armor

Chest = +275 HP > +10 stats

Hands = Jealous :-(

You're well over the Defense Minimum of 540, so swap your +Def for +sta on your shield. You may need to re-evaluate this after some of the defenseless upgrades (Pillars, Crafted 264 boots).
    An introduction into WarTanking (no longer updated as I've retired from WoW - the concepts will still be mostly accurate but the numbers no longer will be.) - http://www.tankspot.com/showthread.p...101-The-Primer

+ Reply to Thread