Thread: soak tank ported into frostmourne

soak tank ported into frostmourne

so we were doing lk last night and had something funny happen. i was tanking lk on my bear and the ot prot warr was soaking away and then all of a sudden, the soak tank gets ported into frostmourne. so ya wipe happens but has any1 ever had this happen b4?
    Behind every tank is a healer who know whats going on and how to fix his mistakes.

Happened to me durring one of our tries on LK. I just didn't have enough dps to down the spirit inside; so it was a wipe; but what we did learn is that our ranged could fend for themselves, for the most part, on the Vile Spirits. This helped us to finally down him; it let me know that I could taun on Soul Reaper and not have to worry too much about soaking.

It is pretty cool in there though.

You don't actually need a tank to soak.

If you lose your OT to harvest soul you should have someone/something ready to reaplce them.

Paladins are an obvious choice with divine shield. Also Spriests with dispersion, mages with iceblock, or evan Army of Dead works nicely.

AoD, never thought of that, but that's really cool with the Vile Spirits.

haha, I mean darn! We have never had that happen yet, but I was just wondering if a Prot warrior would be able to put out enough DPS to actually succeed down there? Remember that fight in SSC where we had to be able to kill our double? That was a source of much fun in the day.

Quote Originally Posted by Nez View Post
    haha, I mean darn! We have never had that happen yet, but I was just wondering if a Prot warrior would be able to put out enough DPS to actually succeed down there?
    I went into Blood Presence, pop'd my pet and AoD - I don't even remember if AoD actually worked in there, I think it did) and couldn't do it. The whole time I'm cursing Bliz ("I'm a freaking tank, I'm not supposed to be in here") and wishing I had my hunter.

You don't even need a soaker if all else fails. You can heal through vile spirit damage if everyone is spread out. If the tank fails in frostmourne just have prior notice and have someone taunt at range then kite LK until the buff ends. Our hunter Bitterst was pro at this back at 0% zone buff/initial ICC release and we didn't know what we were doing >_>

I was ported twice to the Shadowmourne room already.
    The first time the Lich King was at 12% when it happened so no need to kill the spirit.
    The second time however it was in the middle of the fight I was portet to the chamber again and I managed to kill the Spirit quite easily. I just interrupted the spell and dps'd him down.

It seems nothing you can do can prevent that. The first time it happened I thought It was because I never got an Soul Reaper debuff because we did the whole fight with Safeguard. So I made sure that I got some time tanking the boss in every try and at least one debuff .
    But than it happened again.
    Wer reitet so spät durch Nacht und Wind?
    Es ist der Kodo mit seinem Rind.

You have a paladin of some sort for sure, so just have him pop divine shield and soak the wave, solved.

And if any tank can't get the spirit warden down in there, he needs to reroll, every tank class have stuns/intterupts, several of them to intterupt the cast, its not only about quickly killing it.

Pally tank can use LoH on Terenas and dispell Soul Rip. No problems.