+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Overall gearing

Overall gearing

Well good day, I am a long time viewer of TankSpot video guides, but just recently I got back into raiding.
    I am currently raiding ICC Hard as a Prot pally (Ret offspec) and I still have some doubts in gearing,enchanting and such, my current gear can be found here :
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...ng&cn=Yomigami
    Most of the 10m HM gear is available and some of the 25 also.
    Thanks up ahead

Helm: Never gem parry, especially as a paladin. Gem this with an agi/stam gem, it's much better
    Shoulders: Pick up the +30stam/+15resil PvP enchant. You also probably don't need the hit gem here, gem with +30 stam here
    Cloak: Enchant with 225 armor
    Chest: Change the enchant to 275 HP, +10 stats is REALLY overrated.
    Gloves: Change the enchant to either 18 stam or 240 armor (leatherworking kits)

Edit: as far as gearing goes everything looks savvy, the only change I might suggest is getting Pillars of Might since they're actually more EHP than the 277 LoLH, but LoLH are better for Sindragosa/TLK b/c of the large amounts of magic damage.
    "If the world is something you accept rather than interpret, then you're susceptible to the influence of charismatic idiots." -Neil deGrasee Tyson

Twitter @Aggathon || @Tankspot || Twitch.Tv/Aggathon

Helm: Never gem parry, especially as a paladin. Gem this with an agi/stam gem, it's much better. Done
    Shoulders: Pick up the +30stam/+15resil PvP enchant. You also probably don't need the hit gem here, gem with +30 stam here. Done
    Cloak: Enchant with 225 armor. ill be undercapped :O, I have stored the t10.5 pants and the broken ram skull helm, should I use them?
    Chest: Change the enchant to 275 HP, +10 stats is REALLY overrated. Done
    Gloves: Change the enchant to either 18 stam or 240 armor (leatherworking kits). Done

Quote Originally Posted by Yomigami View Post
    Cloak: Enchant with 225 armor. ill be undercapped :O
    Gloves: Change the enchant to either 18 stam or 240 armor (leatherworking kits). Done
    With the 30stam/15 resil enchant b/c of the resil you only need 536 armor and 16 defense is about 4 defense rating, you'll be more than fine.

Tier pants are not as good as LoLH or Pillars of Might. I'd say keep your current helm. The 2PC is pretty nice. If you get the 277 T10 chest then I'd say you could switch out the helm, but they're pretty close stats wise so it doesn't matter a whole lot.

Edit: though if you put on Pillars of Might you WILL be way under cap. You might wait until you have the 264 Grimskull Boots from VDW (or 277 if you have access to them) to put on Pillars if you choose to do so.
    "If the world is something you accept rather than interpret, then you're susceptible to the influence of charismatic idiots." -Neil deGrasee Tyson

I do have the 277 chest, but personaly I think aggro range would be really strick on our 10man, due to the lack of rogues and hunters, I can switch out the kraken gloves for the t10.5, but my guildies sad it wouldnt be worth it, still on hold for the heroic marks of sanctification.

I'm confused, were you wearing the cata chest earlier or am I just inobservant? Your armory now shows the 264 T10 chest. I'd definitely use the cata chest over the 264 chest and that would solve your expertise problems and your defense problems and allow you to use Pillars of Might.

No, my chest is indeed the t10 chest, I could easily go for the cata one, but is it worth to switch the kraken gloves for the t10 2p advantage?

Probably, the Kraken gloves are only 8 more stam than the T10 264 gloves.

kk then, I might have them up due to this weekend

+ Reply to Thread