+ Reply to Thread

Thread: how bad is my bear

how bad is my bear

I'm not an expert in this for sure but what I'll share what I've come to asking questions on here and playing with things. On your spec, I'd move the points in KOTJ and Imp Mangle to MSS. As far as gear, looks like you've got a good start to me. The Triumph tanking ring is really good and a fairly easy upgrade from running some randoms.

What problems are you having exactly? What is your rotation?

I'm not an expert on druids, to be sure. However, if you'd tell us what problems you are having, we could probably help easier.
    I'm an alt-oholic. I'm ok with that.
    http://warcraftid.com/card/170/n/73a...f/sholozar.jpg

You're using a dagger - bears use a 2 handed weapon

To really cover this lets break it down

1. The most obvious flaw is your weapon choice i don't doubt that it was better than whatever random piece you were using before was but, items like
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=50296
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=47522
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=45128
    Are viable options for this slot that you can easily get look in the dropped by or sold from sections of the wow head pages.

2. You are using agility necks and rings. Simply put this isnt what you want to do. you are going to look for items that any other tank wuold use (I.E the three plate classes) For each slot let me put some upgrades out for you (this is tanken from my tanking guide for warriors but these slots are the same for you really.)
    NECK:
    Vendor:

Shard of the Crystal Forest Cost: 19x Emblem of Conquest

Drop:

Fossilized Ammonite Choker Drops:Chest Drop Wrath of the Lich King event Heroic Halls of Reflection

The Warlord's Depravity Drops: The Black Knight Heroic Trial of the Champion

Crafted:

Titanium EarthGuard Chain

Backs:
    Vendor:
    Platinum Mesh Cloak Cost: 25x Emblem of Valor
    Drops:

Eerie RuneBlade Polisher Drops: Falric Halls of Reflection

Crafted:

Durable Nerubhide Cape

Rings:

Vendors:

Clutch of Fortification Cost 45x Emblem of Triumph

Signet of the Impregnable Fortress Cost: 25x Emblem of Valor

Drops:

Mark of the Relentless Drops: Grand Champions fight from heroic Trial of the Champion

Keystone Great-Ring Drops: The Prophet Tharon'ja Heroic Drak'Tharon Keep

Crafted:

Titanium EarthGaurd Ring

Titanium Frostgaurd Ring
    Trinkets:
    Vendor:

Glyph of Indomitability Cost 50x Emblem of Triumph

Valor Medal of the First War Cost: 25x Emblem of Valor

Drop:
    Ick's Rotting Thumb Drops: Ick Heroic Pit of Saron

The Black Heart Drops: The Black Knight Trial of the Chapoin

Essence of Gossamer Drops: Hardronox Heroic Azjul'Nerub

Lavanthor's Talisman Drops: Lavanthor Heroic Violet Hold

Sorry to kinda copy paste but, the items are exactly the same picks for you.

3. BREAK BANK. It sucks but you need to put the best stam gems in your gear your missing something like 700 HP PRE bear form from your lack of Epic gems alone. Heavy borean armor kits and the PVP shoulder enchant are good go to enchants that work well.

4. I don't know druid specs that well the Cookie cutter spec easily found on google is all i could provide but, isn't really a genuine help to you. I will leave that to some of the druid tanks i know around these parts.

well honestly im holding agro just fine in really large aoe pull i may lose 1 or 2 but for the most part i hold like a beast pardon the pun =P ya i know my weapon is really bad but it beat my old one hands down
    atm im working on getting the t9 4setbonus and getting more badge gears tho honestly when i run a heroic/normal instance for gear nothing ever drops =/ seems like badge gear is my only option for the forseeable future

Get Tidy Plates ; Threat Plates, helps heaps with mising one or two mobs, just maul and swipe for aoe, maul + mangle, ff, lacerate and swipe for single, easy peasy if ur not holding with that prob cause they are overgeared, not much u can do about that.

litterly if u set ur keyboard up u can faceroll and do ur rotation
    Quote from Trogdorrior; [Skill Name : Toddler Leash] [Use: Yanks the target back to the tank and immobilizing them for 5 seconds. Only usable on party/raid members.]

ya most times im tanking i hold really well but sometimes when i have 5.4k gear scored or higher gs dps it can get dicey it seems that gs should folow comon sense aoe before tank has threat=stupid i can only taunt so much

Your head enchant is horrible.
    Your shoulder enchant is horrible. I realize both of these things are rep-based, but it's shocking that you don't have the rep yet. You could at least get the BC enchants which would be better.
    200 health on the chest is a bad enchant - at least use the +18 stam leather patch. It also makes me cry to see rare gems in a 245 item - get epic gems.
    Your glove enchant is bad. Get agi, 18 stam or expertise.
    Get some tanking rings, necks and cloaks.
    Herbalism is possibly the worst tanking profession ever.
    Don't use KOTJ unless you have 4pT10 - losing 25% armor for a threat boost is a bad choice. As stated above, swap that and 2 points in imp mangle for natural shapeshifter and master shapeshifter.

Quote Originally Posted by felhoof View Post
    Your shoulder enchant is horrible. I realize both of these things are rep-based, but it's shocking that you don't have the rep yet. You could at least get the BC enchants which would be better.
    200 health on the chest is a bad enchant - at least use the +18 stam leather patch. It also makes me cry to see rare gems in a 245 item - get epic gems.
    The correct chest enchant is +10 stats. Since they gutted enchanting, everybody can get shards from running heroics, it costs 4 Dream Shards and 4 Abyss Crystals.
    As for shoulder enchant, the best enchant is actually the pvp shouler enchant. If you hate pvp as I do, remember that stone keeper's shards can be traded for honour, and have no use otherwise (unless you pvp). use it to get the shoulder enchant, and if you have more honour than you need, use it to buy epic gems.

Remember, going cheap means you get cheap results.

+ Reply to Thread