+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Frost DK

Frost DK

Hey I know there has to be a 3.3+ DK frost tanking guide out there but i just havent been able to find one, if you wld plz refer me to a site a URL that i can go to and read up i wld be very happy Also a rotation wld be nice if thats al u have to offer
    Last edited by Clevr; 06-25-2010 at 11:50 PM.

The Book on DK Tanking. You will find your answers there.

Next time use the search feature. Death Knight Tanking Frost Guide as your keywords its like in the top 4 results.
    [Today 06:48 PM] Ion:swimming in a natural body of water ISN'T acceptable...it's momentarily tolerable

The rotation for single targets i use is death and decay, dark command, icy touch, rune strike as it comes up, howling blast, and blood boil and frost strike to dump runic. Then cycle through runstrke, icy touch, along with dark command as they come available and keep your diseases up. For mobs, I use death and decay, pestilence, blood boil, death chill, howling blast, blood boil again if it is up then start tab targeting through the mob using rune strike, frost strike , and icy touch as they come up. When blood boil comes up ill rip one of those off, and same with howling blast. If one gets away from me, i keep my death grip or dark command ready to rip them right back to me and that is about it. I try to always keep my unbreakable armor up as much as possible becaue as it increases your armor by 25% which in and of itself is nice, but it increases your strength by 20% which more strength equals more damage and more damage equals more threat.

Quote Originally Posted by latormenta View Post
    The rotation for single targets i use is death and decay, dark command, icy touch, rune strike as it comes up, howling blast, and blood boil and frost strike to dump runic. Then cycle through runstrke, icy touch, along with dark command as they come available and keep your diseases up. For mobs, I use death and decay, pestilence, blood boil, death chill, howling blast, blood boil again if it is up then start tab targeting through the mob using rune strike, frost strike , and icy touch as they come up. When blood boil comes up ill rip one of those off, and same with howling blast. If one gets away from me, i keep my death grip or dark command ready to rip them right back to me and that is about it. I try to always keep my unbreakable armor up as much as possible becaue as it increases your armor by 25% which in and of itself is nice, but it increases your strength by 20% which more strength equals more damage and more damage equals more threat.
    You should never use taunt regularly in a single target tps rotation. There's a reason the tooltip for taunt says "Taunts the target to attack you, but has no effect if the target is already attacking you."

Quote Originally Posted by latormenta View Post
    Then cycle through runestrke,
    0.o
    Just macro it to everyone of your abilities so its constantly being que'd up.

example:

#show PwnFace
    /cast PwnFace
    /cast Runestrike
    [Today 06:48 PM] Ion:swimming in a natural body of water ISN'T acceptable...it's momentarily tolerable

+ Reply to Thread