+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: fury warriors who wear leather

fury warriors who wear leather

what is the nickname for them? like clothadin but for leather wearing fury warriors

I don't know. If I ever meet one who rolls on leather in a raid over a rogue or a feral druid, I'm likely to get medieval on their vital organs.

Case in point, yesterday I just lost Toskk's to a *#@#@ Furry warrior. Yes, I know it's BiS, but they take a back seat to leather wearers who need for mainspec in non-dkp/SKG/etc. situations. I will admit my resto druid is sporting a cloth belt because it has haste instead of crit, but I got it instead of it being sharded, not because I won it over a clothie. I have gladly passed upgrades when dealing with armor inappropriate items when needed by the appropriate classes.

I can't wait for them to announce the penalties for doing stupid things like this. It better damn well be severe.

Is toskk's even BIS for rogues? Denying a BiS item to someone and giving it to someone it's not BiS for just because that's all the armor they can wear seems at least as stupid as giving someone something outside "their" armor.

Of course, in Cata warriors won't be wanting leather since it will not have any AP on it at all.

On the upside, shaman will (since there won't be any expertise on mail, but there will be on leather)...so those of us who aren't stuck wearing only leather can continue to annoy those of you who are.

Why are you mad ?u said it yourself

You did say " Yes I know it's BIS " what else do you want people to do when they have a chance to roll on anything thats BIS?

Quote Originally Posted by Ion View Post
    Is toskk's even BIS for rogues? Denying a BiS item to someone and giving it to someone it's not BiS for just because that's all the armor they can wear seems at least as stupid as giving someone something outside "their" armor.

Of course, in Cata warriors won't be wanting leather since it will not have any AP on it at all.

On the upside, shaman will (since there won't be any expertise on mail, but there will be on leather)...so those of us who aren't stuck wearing only leather can continue to annoy those of you who are.
    Of course they are, what else are they going to wear? Cloth?

Perhaps the Sindragosa 10 bracers which have haste instead of arp? I was under the impression that mut was less interested in arp than they were in haste...

The nickname for them is "Smart" if itemized correctly, or "stupid" if itemized poorly.
    RNGesus - Saving you unreliably since BC.
    http://i689.photobucket.com/albums/v...ellvarsig3.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Ion View Post
    It's best in slot for everybody, but for the wrong reasons.
    -It's BiS for Combat rogues and Kitties because it's the only one with ArPen.
    -I think it's BiS for Mut Rogues too, despite the ArPen, because it's a whole tier level above anything else. The added stats make it better or at least equivalent to the ones from Sindy.
    -It's hands down BiS for Bears because it has the most stamina, armor, agility and AP. Again, it's a whole tier above anything else.
    -It's BiS for fury warriors who are stacking ArPen, because there is no ArPen on any plate bracers. But the difference between Toskk's and http://www.wowhead.com/item=50659 is pretty damn small.

Hence, taking leather bracers from somebody wearing ToC Bracers to upgrade plate bracers resulting in a minor sidegrade at best is pretty evil.

Yeah but it catches up to you. That person got blacklisted from a few raids, most of the raid agreed it shouldn't have gone to the warrior. In other news, I picked up a Grand War Mammoth out of VoA, just a week after getting the turtle, which is always nice. Fate has its ways.

um ... so ... back to the question

there are plenty of forum posts on why fury warriors should roll ... tosk is really the only one that there is not a viable plate piece to replace from 245 crafted or togc ...

troll elsewhere plz, this isn't a discussion on virtue ... it's a question of what do you call them?

Kinky?

If it isn't a question of virtue, why do you need a label? They are simply following what a spreadsheet tells them to do to maximize their potential DPS, there is no "term" for them. Do you need a term for a tank who maximizes his/her survival?

Any label you would apply would either be positive (There's a guy who knows his stuff) or negative (he is thinking of his own good before that of the raid/guild/etc.) But really, this is a misfortunate by-product of an oversight from Blizzard. And with the removal of ArPen in Cata, or the creation of penalties for wearing the wrong armor class, blizzard will seek to correct it as part of the dynamic balance that makes this game, like so many other mistakes they have made over the years.

Is this a thread about a name for a fury warrior wearing leather or a QQ thread? If a warrior wears leather or mail vs plate because one of those 2 has better stats than his plate who cares. Most players in WoW think that each class should be wearing ONLY there type of gear for their class, ex. plate, leather, cloth, mail. Then you are a dumbass and need to stfu. So, for you stupid people out there a warrior can wear all of the above. IF the stats are better than the plate then a warrior will wear it. I use to have leather braces on my warrior till I was able to upgrade them due to most plate bracers I ran across were junk. Armor type vs stats, stats will normally win vs armor. Armor type really just means how long one is going to survive vs mob. Sure a warrior can wear all leather have really good stats but then if he need to help pick up a mob or boss then he's dead. So the real question here is are you QQ because you lost a roll on leather and a fury warrior beat you?

if Insahnity had bothered reading before zomg qq ... it's a question of what is their nickname ... like clothadin , shockadin, etc ...

sorry you are butt hurt that a warrior does more dps than your rogue and you lost your toskks

back to the original question....again...anyone know their nickname?

Insahnity --- go start your own thread to whine or post somewhere else

http://www.wowhead.com/item=54559

Problem has already been solved by blizzard just wait a week

Quote Originally Posted by Insahnity View Post
    But the difference between Toskk's and http://www.wowhead.com/item=50659 is pretty damn small.
    it's as small as a cat/rogue upgrading from whatever 264/251 bracers they have to toskk's....fury only needs 164 hit which is hella easy to get without those bracers...that just means you have wasted itemization on a stat that doesn't give you as much dps as having it be arp.

don't hate warriors getting leather because of blizzard's crap itemization of plate dps gear (not alot of arp gear, mostly haste, and the lack of a "5th" stat compared to leather). the leather that is best in slot in some slots (toskk's, gloves from rotface 25, leather frost badge belt/putricide 25 belt) means that fury warriors should have an equal chance at the gear as rogues/ferals.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinytankz View Post
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=54559

Problem has already been solved by blizzard just wait a week
    277 toskk's still beat those....
    -Jimmy

|Ex Tank|

TWITCH.TV STREAM

that's not the question!

Quote Originally Posted by chubtohd View Post
    that's not the question!
    honestly you asked a pretty troll-centric question. you won't find an answer to it since there isn't one.
    -Jimmy

|Ex Tank|

TWITCH.TV STREAM

Agreed, there really isn't a name for a warrior that wears leather.

I just get called a fat rogue by my guild then told to go stealth.

Quote Originally Posted by Curds View Post
    I just get called a fat rogue by my guild then told to go stealth.
    Would have countered by chaining an invis pot and a gnomish cloaking device.

mutilate rogues don't go for ArP that much due to envenom and poison dealing nature damage. combat rogues on the other hand thrive on the stuff.

+ Reply to Thread