+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Fury Off-spec Questions - Frosties, Hit, and suggestions

Fury Off-spec Questions - Frosties, Hit, and suggestions

I've logged out in my tank gear, so here's a direct link to WoW-Heroes (though you still need to click on the Fury spec). It is a little outdated, the gear is the same, but all gems are +20 ArP except for 2 +10ArP/+15Sta (to activate the meta).

http://wow-heroes.com/index.php?zone...name=loganisis

Now before you start point out the obvious, this is my raid-off spec (though I wish it weren't), so:
    1. Yes, I know my expertise is far to high. I'm not gemming/enchanting for it, it's just on better drops (you know, the kind that have ArP instead of haste).
    2. Yes, I know you're not supposed to gem ArP until you're 90% there, but after 2 months solid of farming FoS for NES, I've given up. Maybe it's flawed reasoning, but since ArP is linear, +20 ArP should always be better than +20 Str at all levels (it's the +ArP procs that make Str gemming > ArP gemming once you're over 722 as I understand it).
    So with that out of the way... I have 3 main questions:

1. Head/Shoulders for T10 2pc?

2. I'm looking at +ArP gear upgrades and most don't have hit. I'm at 164 right now, so I'm wondering if I'm trading haste for ArP or something like that, is gemming for Hit to replace lost hit to keep at 164 the best way to stay at 164? There's no guarantee of a space goat in our guild 10m. Is food better than gemming for the first 40?

3. Can someone explain the 4pc T10 bonus in simple terms? With 1, maybe 2 slots in the rotation available for Slam procs, I'm having a hard time understanding the value of the 4pc regarding Slam.

I don't get to raid Fury much, and I know my rotation isn't as tight as it should be. However it's more than adequate for pugs (where I'm usually easily in the top 5). But I am a little lost with trying to figure out frosty upgrades with an eye on hit. I do use landsouls, but his BiS has zero hit, which is a little unrealistic, I'm just trying to merge the two.

If you're really bored, http://www.wowarmory.com/character-t...ar+Misanthropy for my spec. I can already hear the blood-curdiling screams about UW.
    An introduction into WarTanking (no longer updated as I've retired from WoW - the concepts will still be mostly accurate but the numbers no longer will be.) - http://www.tankspot.com/showthread.p...101-The-Primer

Sorry, I'm too lazy to look at the wow-heroes thingy, so I'll just answer the questions you have in your post.

ArP isn't linear, that's what makes it so hard for people to understand it's value. It's weak at lower percentages and gets better the more you have.

Get the relentless earthsiege meta gem, it only needs 1 nightmare tear to activate.

I agree on head/shoulders for t10 2p. Get the Gatecrashers Gauntlets and blood-soaked saronite stompers (if you don't have it already).

I wouldn't mind sacrificing haste for ArP and then gem for hit. The most important thing is to get your ArP up and stay on the hit and exp soft caps.

I don't have 4p t10 yet so I'm not going to try and explain it

Oh, and, RAAWRARAWRAWRAWR LOSE UW!!!!!!!!!1111oneone Get booming voice and commanding presence instead (lose imp. cleave aswell, you don't need it for boss fights). Also get Heroic Fury, its awesome.

Hope that answered some of your questions.

Doh! I should have realized that with ArP - because as armor goes up, the DR per point of armor gets smaller. So at first you're not making much headway but then you start to see an exponential growth as you start tearing out larger and larger chunks of DR with each additional bit of ArP.

Gemming hit is okay - that's good to know - completely different than tanking XD

As for the 4pc - is it really something that is better only if you can hit the 264 or 277 level? I'm likely not going to hit that, so would going with Castlebreaker's Plate and the crafted legs be better than the 251 version of the Tier Chest/Legs, even if I do eventually get them up to 264?

Why is Heroic Fury so good? With the human racial + beserker rage I've not run into a problem with not being able to break CC in PvE. And intercept doesn't seem like a very effective tool for bossfights, at least it would seem to gain less than 2/2 in improved intercept to cut the CD to 20s (which would seem like more than enough for add fights in ICC) rather than wait every 45 seconds for a reduced CD?

Sorry, as the only warrior until recently in my guild (and the other one is Tank/PvP and a 3rd alt), there are some parts of Fury that I still don't understand as well as I should.

Thanks for the help :-)
    An introduction into WarTanking (no longer updated as I've retired from WoW - the concepts will still be mostly accurate but the numbers no longer will be.) - http://www.tankspot.com/showthread.p...101-The-Primer

Oh, I definitely think 4pc t10 is worth it. It's another slam when you have a free gcd (almost). I'd recommend 4pc t10 + gatecrashers gauntlets and blood-soaked saronite stompers. Or, 2pc t10 and 2pc t9 until you can get 4pc t10 (3pc is actually a dps loss).

I forgot about the human racial. If you prefer that with 2/2 imp. intercept, just stick with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Stumble View Post
    Sorry, I'm too lazy to look at the wow-heroes thingy, so I'll just answer the questions you have in your post.

ArP isn't linear, that's what makes it so hard for people to understand it's value. It's weak at lower percentages and gets better the more you have.

Get the relentless earthsiege meta gem, it only needs 1 nightmare tear to activate.

I agree on head/shoulders for t10 2p. Get the Gatecrashers Gauntlets and blood-soaked saronite stompers (if you don't have it already).

I wouldn't mind sacrificing haste for ArP and then gem for hit. The most important thing is to get your ArP up and stay on the hit and exp soft caps.

I don't have 4p t10 yet so I'm not going to try and explain it

Oh, and, RAAWRARAWRAWRAWR LOSE UW!!!!!!!!!1111oneone Get booming voice and commanding presence instead (lose imp. cleave aswell, you don't need it for boss fights). Also get Heroic Fury, its awesome.

Hope that answered some of your questions.
    Imp. Cleave has its uses for more fights than you probably are thinking of.

Marrowgar - If you position yourself right when bonespikes go out, you can cleave down all the melee spikes while never having to directly switch to them
    LDW - Constant cleaving of adds in p1 (and p2 if heroic)
    Gunship - Not that it really matters on this fight but cleaving down boat adds
    Putricide - If using the "stay on green side" method, which I think pretty much everyone does nowadays, you can cleave putricide while attacking the green add before it starts running around
    Valithiria - Constant cleaving of adds, especially suppressors
    LK - cleaving down ghouls in p1, and valks in p2 (if they're close which most people try to strategize so they are)

You don't really have to give up much either to get Imp. Cleave, just drop down to 3/5 Commanding Presence.

I'd also suggest investing a point into Piercing Howl and 1 into Heroic Fury

Piercing Howl has it's uses, and although minimal, is still worth grabbing for 1 talent point imo. Couple quick uses that come to mind are LK valks in p2 and suppressors on valithiria (slow down their run speed to the boss, which makes for less channeling time of the healing reduction dot they put on her)

Heroic Fury is also a great tool for only 1 talent point. The faster you can move = the more damage you can put out. And heroic fury lets you reset your Intercept so you don't have to wait for the full 45s cd of Intercept. For instance...

-LDW - kill adds quick, Intercept to boss for a few seconds until next add phase, pop heroic fury and intercept back to new adds spawning
    -Putricide - Intercept to orange slime, dps it down, pop heroic fury and intercept back onto the boss quickly
    -Princes - Intercept on target switches, and useful for getting back quickly after having to run out for empowered shock vortex
    -Valithiria - Use Intercept to get to suppressors quickly to piercing howl and slow them, then if a blazing spawns away from you, pop heroic fury and intercept to it to burn quickly
    LK - Intercept a valk in p2 to stun for a moment, then pop heroic fury and intercept back to boss once they're down

There might be some more i'm missing that heroic fury is useful for but these are just some quick examples.

+ Reply to Thread