+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Need Pally Healing Tips for Heroic LK 25

Need Pally Healing Tips for Heroic LK 25

So I will be doing heroic LK with another HL pally, a disc priest, a holy priest, resto sham, and resto druid. Both holy pallys are specced into Divine Sac as well as Aura mastery.

I am looking for tips, tactics and general healing strategies for me and my team to use when healing this fight. Some points of specific interest for paladins:
    - When to use specific abilities such as Aura Mastery, Divine Sacrifice
    - Are your healers getting involved in Valk stunning? Are they speccing into improved HoJ?
    - Do you have specific healing assignments?
    - How does your group handle harvest soul healing wise?
    - Are your holy pallys soaking vile spirits?

Any help is appreciated!

- When to use specific abilities such as Aura Mastery, Divine Sacrifice:

Aura Mastery is generally used in a rotation between the paladins so that there is an Aura Mastery active with Shadow Resistance Aura as every infest hits to lower its severity. Divine Sacrafice is best used (in my opinion) for the first infest of the val'kyr phase. The reason for this is that the time between the end of the transition phase and the first infest is not enough for the Disc priest to get up full shields on the raid, so they must start shielding some raid members during the end of the transition phase - these people are going to be taking damage (obviously) so their shields will be weaker and as a result you're likely to have a fair few shields breaking on that particular infest. Other than that I can't think of particular 'definately DS this' moments, just use it with a degree of sense.

- Are your healers getting involved in Valk stunning? Are they speccing into improved HoJ?

Yes, our paladin healers are getting involved in Valk stunning and speccing for improved HoJ.

- Do you have specific healing assignments?

Yes. Paladins are strictly on tanks throughout the encounter. Druid/Shaman/HolyPriest are healing the tanks during the 'main phases', with the exceptions being that the holy priest and resto shaman are assigned to 'clean up' the infest after it hits - the holy priest will land a PoH on group 1 right after infest hits, and the resto shaman will cast a chain heal on the tank to clean up the rest of the melee. The holypriest will then use CoH/FH on the ranged until any infest that happens to still be in effect is removed, the shaman mimics this with LHW. During transition phases, Paladins/Shaman are on the tanks and the holypriest/discpriest/restodruid(s) are healing the raid. Obviously within the frostmourne room, everyone is healing the raid, group assignments may be used here. Obviously during the first phase and val'kyr phase the disc is assigned to shield as many raid members as possible between infests (yes this is my role and I love repetitive strain injury! shieldbutton <3)

- How does your group handle harvest soul healing wise?

In all honesty, we're just getting to this stage

- Are your holy pallys soaking vile spirits?

We most likely aren't going to be using a holy paladin to soak on 25-man.

Regarding the Frost Mourne room, i remember seeing in Paragon's video that both Holy Pallys used Aura Mastery/ Div Sac in there to ensure no deaths since i imagine an enraged LK isn't particularly nice.

+ Reply to Thread