+ Reply to Thread

Thread: gs to tank voa 10

gs to tank voa 10

I was wondering at what gs can i start tanking voa 10, when i ask in trade or the people looking for tanks they ignore me >.>

according to wow heroes I'm at 2327 and the gs addon says I'm at 4404

any help would be appreciated

and here's my armory http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...leria&cn=Rakru

People in pugs are gonna look for 5k+, and since you can hit that by only running heroics, feel free to farm up your gear. Their also going to laugh at you for wearing blues, so even though those pieces are not weak, their color makes them so. They also probably look at your health and gemming. Re-gem everything but your helm with 30 stamina, regardless of whether or not you are replacing the piece soon. Regem your helm with 10 dodge or agi and 15 stamina. Enchant your gear; 225 armor on cloak, 40 stam on bracer, 30 stam/15 resil on shoulder, 18 stam or 240 armor on gloves, and max out your professions to get the maximum you can out of them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tengenstein View Post
    just don't let them melee you up the bum.

thanks so much for the help!

People are real jerks anymore for raids, especially a pug.
    A few months ago, I did a ToC25, where most of the raid was whining about someone that was going to tank so I could dps (I ended up tanking to shut the whiners up) because he had about 40k health buffed... O.o WTF back when ToC was the stuff, that was considered a good health pool... but now people are spoiled with seeing tanks with 40k+ unbuffed health.

Lol I quit before finishing Ulduar before TOC, and having 45k buffed was nubbish.

45k buffed was about right at the end of ulduar, I think I tanked Algalon with ~47k HP buffed. Our pally was ~50k HP buffed.
    [Today 09:38 AM] Reev: The older I get, the more I think those Greek philosophers were just annoying hipsters.
    Twitter @Aggathon || @Tankspot || Twitch.Tv/Aggathon

Quote Originally Posted by Aggathon View Post
    45k buffed was about right at the end of ulduar, I think I tanked Algalon with ~47k HP buffed. Our pally was ~50k HP buffed.
    I think I had T8.5 gloves and chest, the BIS legs, the Titanguard and the ring from Auriaya and then the trinket from Ignis25. The rest was former BIS from the previous raids.

Rakru, you've got some issues with your gear.

Replace your meta - you need an Austere Earthsiege diamond
    Buy a platinum mesh cloak and slap an armor enchant on there.
    Spring for the Saronite Swordbreaker 245 crafteds or at least badge up with the Bracers of Dalaran's Parapets valor wrists
    Stop gemming for socket bonuses - particularly at your gear level, stam is your best friend. Go with stam gems and just one purple (guardian dreadstone maybe) for your new meta activation. (Haste..really??)
    You don't need strength on your sword, you need blood draining or another tanking 'chant.

Most people look at health pools for pug tanks and if you make these changes, you'll probably have an easier time of it.

Farm Ahune for the tank cloak, it is a very nice 232 cloak with extra armor. It is the best cloak out there until the event ends.

Better off spending 50 badges on the 264.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreador View Post
    I agree about the badge cloak, but until he gets the badges, Ahune is run, and run again, and run again and run again, etc. - no lockout for the loot part of it, but badges are once a day and Ahune drops a nice 232 cloak. Easy fight, he can just keep re-quing until he wins the drop. I did this on my mage to get the caster cloak, but as a tank he'll have no wait.

I made a guide on the Gear/Enchant forums for new level 80 tanks, which covers everything you should farm for in heroics. Have a look

Quote Originally Posted by Dreador View Post
    i think getting the ahune cloak and badge belt instead is a far bigger upgrade then simply getting the badge cloak by itself.

I would suggest fixing your gems/enchants like everybody else has said work on your professions and get acouple more badge upgrades and you should be fine. I would definatly suggest getting the crafted bracers they arnt expensive and will last you awhile.

True enough

Agreed. However, I suggested the valor cloak as frost badges are likely at a premium for him while there's an unending supply of valor badges to be had these days. It would be an easy upgrade and get rid of a blue item, something that automatically raises the hackles of some dps/healers in pugs these days.

+ Reply to Thread