+ Reply to Thread

Thread: DK Blood Tank: Slight Change to Talent Spec.

DK Blood Tank: Slight Change to Talent Spec.

I am thinking of going from this Blood Talent Spec that I have used for a long time (note the lack of WotN) and using this Blood Talent Spec that I have sort of combined with mine and one from EJ.

I'm sure WotN is great, although as mentioned, i've never used it. I'm more than willing to dump Mark of Blood as it doesn't seem to be very practical in a majority of fights. I am a bit concerned that moving from 3/3 Bloody Conviction to 2/3 Bloody Conviction may make a bigger difference with threat than I am thinking... Does anyone have any insight on that?

Also, I removed 1 point from Necrosis but, I don't see 4% additional shadow damage from auto attacks making a large impact on threat...

Does anyone see something else I should move around or do you think i'll be losing significant amounts of threat moving talent points around in this manner?

Thanks!

It should be noted that EJ is largely a circle-jerk filled with idiots at this point. Suno's "spec" was garbage, and probably still is garbage.
    I personally don't like Rune Tap, but other than that it's a pretty standard spec.

Losing 3% from all physical damage sources isn't the hit I would take however... Subversion or Two-handed Weapon Spec would be better options. Subversion of course being 3% crit from HS (generally your highest TPS move)

2% 2 handed weapon spec dropped would be drops off Heart Strike, Death Strike, and Rune Strike. Technically Plague Strike also, but it's generally a minute % of threat.

Depending on your role in tanking, Morbidity would also be a good candidate for the lost point.

I would only look at EJ for dps info.

I have always been a fan of rune tap, it gives me a "Wake up, healers!" type button... It's also quite a bit of healing when used every 30 seconds. Althoug, admittedly, I use it about as often as VB, which may be once a fight (twice In a long fight)...

That's actually the biggest reason for me not changing specs before now; that is, not wanting to lose rune tap. Blood has always seemed like an active survival tank spec and, while that sems to be changing in Cataclysm with bone shield, rune tap seems useful to me right now. IRT+VB can be a life saver if used appropriately.

Anyway, off my soap box... I'm really struggling to fit WotN into my build because I have hears some really good things about it. I'm worried about losing threat for my 25's but, at the same time I know that the only time I "lose threat" is on overzealous DPS during large trash pulls... Whirlwind is a killer on those jump the gun warriors...

Ugh... Threat v. Survival, seems like the eternal struggle for tanks.

Ok, so, I ended up ditching Hysteria and going with this... I'm the only AoE tank (Well, I tank with a Druid and Warrior in 25's, druids are kind of AoE tanks with swipe...) and MT in 25's and 10's, so I didn't want to lose threat...

I figured Hysteria was more of a bonus talent at this point, and as we're not doing hardmodes, that extra boost to DPS shouldn't matter other than padding meters... Seems sensible to me, any opinions?

If you really wanted to maximize survivability and raid utility you could always drop the 2 points in two-handed weapon spec also. It only affects your strikes (so it won't hurt BB and DND damage), and you could pick up Hysteria and Mark of Blood. Hysteria is a great talent for a one point investment, even for normal modes.

Yes, but won't losing 2 points in two-handed weapon spec noticeably decrease my threat on single target?

+ Reply to Thread