+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Arms Warrior Needs Gear, Badly

Arms Warrior Needs Gear, Badly

My Armory

I am primarily a tank, and have been focusing on upgrading my tanking gear. Since I've finally purchased all the tanking Triumph gear, and have most of the craftables (just missing the swordbreakers), I decided to start getting my dps gear in shape. I know the gemming is bad. My money's been going to my tank set, so I've just used cheap gems in there. Also, I was doing some PvP recently, so the helm gem and enchant was for that.

I decided the best dps badge item I can get right now is the helmet, so that's what I'm saving up for. It occurs to me, though, that the 2/4 set bonus is really good, and I can see it being worth getting asap. I am also running FoS for the scorpion, but so far no luck.

Any suggestions as to what gear to get, and in what order? Also, with my gear level, would it still be worth it to respec to an incite build?

Edit: All my frost badges are going to tanking, so I won't realistically be purchasing and dps frost gear any time soon.
    Last edited by Elemek; 06-19-2010 at 10:07 AM.

To start climb into 4 peices of tier 9 gear preferably shoulders, chest , gloves ,and legs after that get helmet of thunderous rampage. Then rings for you both since i bet your tank set is getting your rep ring ( blood shed band and dexterous brightstone are their names) I would get the crafted belt but your saying money is tight so probably getting a 226 conquest emblem belt is better for you. Your trinkets are fine do not get the hit ones from triumph badges thast a all to common problem right now. You logged in a lance for your weapon but i hope you are using http://www.wowhead.com/item=50267 at the very least (if not add it to your farm list every day till is drops Heroic pit of saron) You may need to grab the conquest nick with hit or even a wrathful hit one to get to hit cap (it is that big of a deal) you may also want to keep the ring with expertise (i would upgrade that one last.) The 245 thrown weapon wuold also be good for you (Crimson star) Any thing else just post.

Thank you for the response. I do, in fact, have the Tyrannical Beheader. All I meant by money is tight was that my tank set was a priority, so that's where the gems went. I am willing and able to get mats for crafted items. In fact, I just got the Razorplate, which from what you just said, means I messed up, but probably not by much, as it still seems a solid piece. Is the four piece bonus really good enough that I'd want to take it over having both the razorplate and faceplate of thundering rage + 2 piece? If I already have the razor plate, am I allowed to get the T9 helmet, or is it just that bad?

hmm sometimes you forget you have 2pc or 4pc bonus, its just mash your rotations and don't miss any MS or Overpower, and keep rend ticking...

sometimes you get lucky, do voa10 (ymirjar) or 25 (santified ymirjar), the gloves and pants... got me the ymirjar dps pants, but missed out on the sanct gloves...

gold seems to be always in short supply... in your case, go out and mine them ores and sell, maybe do this together with getting that "explorer" achievement...
    once or twice a week...

or easy way, do some daily quest... argent tournament and ice crown daily, do 10 to 15 quest, you have average 13gold per quest = ... gold per day...

also join up in random or farmed dungeons, all heroic, to collect them triumphs and frost and items that maybe useful to you.

next time, if you have too much triumphs and don't know what to do with them, buy crusader orbs for 15 triumphs and sell in AH, min 100 to 150gold...

No, money's not actually a problem, although I'm not good at stockpiling it, the money was just going most recently to getting tanking craftibles, as well as enchants and gems and such. Though thanks again for the suggestions, particularly with regards to pugging VoA. Not very good about doing that one. I have managed to pick up the t9 gloves and shoulders, and am wearing the razorplate. I'll probably get the 245 shoulders at some point as well, so I can swap between them based on what I need for gear, but will likely get the rings next, then save up for one of the helms.

Stick with the razorplate actually if you have it and get spikegaurds we can easily push a nice easy soft cap ArP setup for you. The NES scorpion would be a huge DPS gain for you. With it an spikegaurds and a slight regem (drop all these crit STR gems for just some 16 ARP ones) you can easily pull 5k in a 25 man (non ICC) and stare down 7k on some lucky fights in 25man ICC

Oddly, Rawr actually put str/crit gems in most of my yellow slots, at least the ones that weren't supporting hit. However I primarily have Str/Crit in those sockets, because I have lots of monarch topaz gems, and know the cut. It makes an effective placeholder until I put the appropriate epic gem in. Out of curiosity, I know everyone says don't be overly reliant on Rawr and the spreadsheet, but why is Rawr suggesting I gem so much crit, when the prevailing wisdom is strength, except when it's ArPen?

Rawr can throw you off sometimes. Until you have a very decent amount of arp from gear go str or str/crit for large str bonuses. Rawr will ask you for hit gems if you are under 264 hit (the soft cap for arms). If you are eating hit food to compensate, check that box on rawr before you use rawr to optimize. At some point when you get better gear/weapons you will have enough arp to completely re gem to arp. It sounds like to me you are at the point in which you don't need any emblems or currency for tank gear. I was the opposite as my main spec is fury. Since you have some gold and probably can get 30+ frost per week concentrating on the level 245 gear is a waste of time imo. Get the crafted 264 boots for dps, crafted 245 chest and bracers are fine for now. Get the whispering fang skull and the banner of victory from reg toc for trinkets. The 245 thrown weapon is awesome for your stats. I would spend frost on the cloak without expertise, the t10 shoulders, the offset 264 gloves, the t10 helm, the t10 chest...in that order. Don't get the war token trinket. Run icc10 as dps and get axe off saurfang.
    Bung

+ Reply to Thread