+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Fury warrior advice requested

Fury warrior advice requested

Here is our Parse from last weeks ICC25 DeathBringer Saurfang:
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=3308&e=3490

My Question is according to Landsoul's Spread sheet I Should be pulling 10909 dps on a fight such as that, on that parse i did a little over 11700 which i knock up to nubbing it up and hitting the adds. However my question is Does anyone see something from that Parse that I'm doing Horribly wrong, or anything on my Char sheet that I should be looking to change(US|Thrall|Ike) From everything i have read the only thing i can do to increase my DPS right now is to get a few upgrades(Death-bringers Will/Whispering Fang Skull)

Secondly could any suggestions not Include "you should be gemmed Full ArP' With out any real reason behind it, I currently don't plan on gemming Full ArP until I can get 90% or More Which means with my Current gear getting DBW

Thank you in Advance for any Advice you toss my way it is greatly appreciated.

i don't see the real problem, if you're doing more than landsoul's dps is saying than you're golden, remember that aoe does trivial amounts of damage to the adds, so they weren't boosting your dps by much if at all, so you're spot on, right now it's just gear upgrades from what I can tell.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

32 expertise?! i know it's cause you gemmed to get your offhand expertise capped but it's no big deal if you aren't capped. as long as your main hand is capped you're set. it pretty much evens out since those expertise gems can be turned into arp/str gems to boost all of your attacks. remember that the only attacks that use your offhand are white swings for rage (not an issue in icc25 gear since you can survive a miss/dodge from your offhand) and whirlwind which uses both weapons. hs, bt, and cleave use your main hand which is going to be ~50% of your dmg on boss fights. you can switch your gems in rawr/landsoul's and see a small dps increase most likely.

pretty much you just need a dbw to break through the arp barrier and hit the cap. it's a huge dps upgrade over runestone. if i were you i wouldn't worry about wfs since you have death's choice, there's only like a ~10 dps difference between the two.

another big thing for fury is the t10 4 piece. chance for 2 slams with a 1 second gcd (won't push back bt/ww .5 seconds so a dps gain right there) is really nice for fury. not to mention more stats on them compared to your t9 pieces.

i would switch the socket that your nightmare tear is in. right now you have it in a blue socket picking up a +4str bonus. put it in your chest or boots (or even your mace) to get a higher str bonus. little things like that can add up and turn into a decent dps gain.

edit: i would consider switching full arp once you can get ~85% passive. that way when you get dbw you will be at ~96-97% which means you only need to eat some hearty rhino and be at the cap. if you do decide to go arp and sit at 85% passive while waiting on dbw i would then pick up wfs in the meantime to replace runestone. just do whatever depending on which trinket drops first imo.
    -Jimmy

|Ex Tank|

TWITCH.TV STREAM

Thank you for your replies,
    If I switch the Expertise gems in my Mace to STR Gems Landsoul's spreadsheet gives me a 100dps increase so ill give that a try(thank you for that)

Also the Reason I'm Looking for wfs Is because of my t9 2p(2% crit) right now if i was to switch to another piece of t10 i would go under crit cap Which according to Landsoul's is a 150dps Loss, Also the same reason i haven't upgraded my Scourge Stranglers to Gatecrasher's. I am looking around right now trying to find ways to increase my crit, the only easy way I am Seeing is to save up to invest in a Woden's necklace from ICC trash.

However, If i was to get 2p t10, Aka Buy the chest and get lucky in VoA i would gain around 100dps even with landsouls putting me @ 45% crit like that which seems horrible to me, is the 4p really that good?

WW efficiency was good (~88%), BT efficiency was ok (80%), Slam efficiency could be better but is alright (75%). You had a 10% miss rate on your auto attacks so either you got unlucky with RNG, or you aren't, spamming HS enough to get full use off the bug. Iron will is nearly useless in PvE and you are likely to get more use out of going 3/3 tactical mastery instead. If you aren't doing battle shout then you could probably get away with dropping a point in commanding presence and putting it in heroic fury because it is seriously one of the best talents ever in ICC. drop all your arp gems if you are going for the soft cap, even with out them you will be over said soft cap by like 6%. As already mentioned drop the expertise gems, and relocate your nightmares tear to your chest. Use the haste enchant on your cloak, it's a ~2 DPS increase but it's still better.

|TGM UI |Fury Warrior Guide | How To Use Landsoul's Spreadsheet| The Numbers Game |
    "I am an elitist; I will never accept mediocrity and I openly show no respect for stupidity"

i used this rule of thumb:

replace 2 pieces of t9 once you get 2 pieces of 264 t10 and repeat. so once you get chest and leg t10 to 264 replace those last 2 pieces of t9, the str/arp/set bonus gain will make up for that 2% crit lost from your t9 bonus. being at crit cap isn't as important as arp cap. hit cap > exp cap > arp cap > crit cap is the order you should be gearing towards.

switch just your str gems to arp, the expertise gems in your mace to arp, move your nightmare tear to get a +6 str bonus in your gear somewhere, and change runestone to wfs in landsoul's. this should put you around 85% passive and see how much dps you gain. also change your chest and legs to t10 for the 4pc. you should see a decent dps gain.
    -Jimmy

|Ex Tank|

TWITCH.TV STREAM

Ok Thank you all very much for your Advice I now have a Clear Plan of Action and i'm now sure of how i should be upgrading instead of going by what i thought was right.

Does Landsoul's take into account the ICC buff? My understanding was the best way to test Landsoul's was against the Raid Boss dummy or in any raid without a 1.2 damage modifier.

I think, factoring in the ICC buff, Landsoul's would be suggesting 13,090 as the ceiling for DPS given the specified latency/reaction time and party buffs. Wouldn't it?
    An introduction into WarTanking (no longer updated as I've retired from WoW - the concepts will still be mostly accurate but the numbers no longer will be.) - http://www.tankspot.com/showthread.p...101-The-Primer

This is indeed true, So in theory im ~2000 dps under what i should be, I don't thing missing a few blood-surge proc's is going to kill my dps that much. Any Suggestions as to where i could really test my dps? I feel like i'm Cheating on Heroic Dummy due to WW hitting the other dummies. ToC really isn't a good place to check this either.

I'd try a 25 voa if you fights with little to no movement.

Festergut and Rotface don't require much movement. A quick run to Naxx and lay it on Patchwerk? I think Patchwerk is still the DPS standard in WotLK, even with Ruby opening up next week, is he not?
    An introduction into WarTanking (no longer updated as I've retired from WoW - the concepts will still be mostly accurate but the numbers no longer will be.) - http://www.tankspot.com/showthread.p...101-The-Primer

In VoA25 Frost boss(his name escapes me ATM) I'm dead on with what Landsoul's says i should be at, I'm interested to see what i'm like after switching those expertise gems(assuming the servers ever come back up)

Quote Originally Posted by gd_void View Post
    In VoA25 Frost boss(his name escapes me ATM) I'm dead on with what Landsoul's says i should be at, I'm interested to see what i'm like after switching those expertise gems(assuming the servers ever come back up)
    You're probably getting some cleave damage (well...whirlwind, but you get the idea) on the orbs on that fight...plus rage is much less of an issue since you're more apt to be taking incidental damage for rage (again, orbs)...just to put a bit of perspective on it.

Of course, there's no real "pure" dps test these days. Patchwerk is over too quickly (unless you like...10 man the 25 man version or something...maybe even less?), Toravon and Festergut have quite a bit of AoE damage happening, Rotface can rng you with having to move out for oozes, DBS has some damage as well, and if you get a mark it's like...all the rage you'd ever want, BQL is a gimmick fight, so is Sindragosa...pretty much trying to gauge your performance by the spreadsheet number is not apt to work out.

It's mostly useful to figure out if a piece of gear is apt to be an actual DPS upgrade or not.

I don't know someone mentioned above since i didn't read but am i seeing this right on world of logs that your most damaging attack was melee at 22%? mines usually around 14-16% with herioc strike going in the high 20's. Are you doing herioc strike on every main hand swing or what?

Quote Originally Posted by Loganisis View Post
    Does Landsoul's take into account the ICC buff?
    it does.

look for a box labeled "Manual Modification" and type in the % of the current ICC buff in the "DIM" box
    -Jimmy

|Ex Tank|

TWITCH.TV STREAM

Ah. I missed that part before. Thanks.

arp pen is big thing the way it goes for me is right now my arp rating is at 716 and i have the trinket needles encrusted which i have a chance to hi 1394 rating on my arp ... you dont wanna be over 1400 or its a waste once u get bettter gear with arp u drop the gems that have arp ben and u start throwing in ur str gems ... regarding dps ahh lets see ..... i only like 11k to 12k on trash and yesterday my best on a boss was 9.5 k .. on ething is on a single target for a warrior is always going to drop for a fact.. like for instance a mage is going to do more damage cuz of his sngle target spells plus any other range thats from what i saw ... i have less gear score then hem and i was on top on dps overall..Another thing is for me a big this is OVERALL DPS instead of what KS ur doing when all set and dont i finished first over all with 8.5 in over dps while the people below me where hiting for 10 to 11 k .. so its all about hitting ur keys quick and NOT DIEING KNOW UR FIGHTS WWLL AND U WILL BE NUMBER ! OVERALL.. thats my main focuse OVERALL i hope that will help a lil

+ Reply to Thread