+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: i feel like i take more damage then i should

i feel like i take more damage then i should

i feel as though i take more damage then i should be taking http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...er&cn=Sillycat ty for the advice

don't forget to user your Shield Block on almost every cd and your trinkets..... but could be that your healer is not overhealing you and instead waiting your life to drop before healing you (which is not a good idea)... are you often killed on boss fights?

this is my first week warrior tanking i tanked icc 10/25 toc 10/25 but already it feels like my warrior takes bigger hits
    in part i know its becuase my paladin has great gear and this is so so but when i tanked in ulduar i had some very scarry moments
    on ignis and again on xt tho at xt i lived thanks to a heart mode nothing like standing before a boss with less then 100 hp say heal me please main tank has 34 hp

O.o sounds like Fail Heals to me then. If you had to beg for heals during Heart Mode.

ICC is designed for tanks to take more hits and have more Oh Crap! situations (-20% dodge/3rd fester's inhales, etc etc) but I still thinking and looking at the healers you're going with....

One thing you could do if your healers are healing reactively, is to boost up your EH, replace the defense enchants and gems you have and put it into pure stamina, health and armor.
    I'm sure you know this, but the minimum defense is 540, after that there is very little point in boosting it up on purpose.

There are several things you can do for boosting your EH, gems and enchants being the first. Some of the less obvious ones are the 30 stamina, 15 resilience shoulder enchant, which you'll buy for 10K honor from the PvP vendors in Stormwind, and gloves, where you can put a 18 stamina armor kit, from leatherworking.

If you start replacing gems and enchants and you dip below 540 defense, you should know that with the PvP enchant on your shoulders you can safely go down to 536 without having to worry, because of the resilience that comes with it.
    Also, if you ever have to choose, you should rather enchant your chest with defense instead of getting a defense gem, if possible, because the enchant will give 22 defense rating versus 275 health (doesn't scale with buffs) and a gem will have 30 stamina (which scales) versus 20 defense rating.

It's time to start spending badges on bonus armor gear. Maximize as many frost emblems as you can a week and gain about 3-4k more armor.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tengenstein View Post
    just don't let them melee you up the bum.

Even better than 3-k, it looks like bonus armor to go after would be more around 7.4k armor

Sheild - ilvl 200 - upgrade to 219 by farming R HoR - 300 armor
    Glyph of Idom over Gossamer - 1.8k armor - greater EH than Gossamer
    Badge cloak = 500 armor
    Pillars - 1500 armor
    Cata - 1300 armor
    Belt 800
    Kraken - 1200

7400 armor (approximate) <-- that's why bonus armor is loved so much :-) When you're getting hit a lot more, making those hits smaller is wonderful.
    An introduction into WarTanking (no longer updated as I've retired from WoW - the concepts will still be mostly accurate but the numbers no longer will be.) - http://www.tankspot.com/showthread.p...101-The-Primer

Yeah... bonus armor and 30 sta gems are the best way to go... Gargoyle Spit Bracers are also a good choice with another bit of bonus armor...
    and don't forget to talk to your healers!

well part of why im going the way i am with my gems is im wanting to get the crafted legs since they dont have def on them im worried about losing def cap

veneretio wrote a nice article about this just the other day....

http://www.tankingtips.com/2010/06/2...o-much-damage/
    -Jimmy

|Ex Tank|

TWITCH.TV STREAM

Quote Originally Posted by Killertock View Post
    2 more of your wasted hybrid gems could be turned to stam as well as your shoulder enchant. Also your current selected spec is slightly, how I say in English? Whack.

EDIT: Wait a second, the primary one is too, sorry I didn't look at it at first and just assumed it was proppa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tengenstein View Post
    just don't let them melee you up the bum.

part of my gearing choices have come out of items just not dropping for me ie the hor shield or the black knights heart getting groups that are nonfail really was a drag and to be honest the repairs and time spent just dont add up

Quote Originally Posted by Dreador View Post
    2 more of your wasted hybrid gems could be turned to stam as well as your shoulder enchant. Also your current selected spec is slightly, how I say in English? Whack.

EDIT: Wait a second, the primary one is too, sorry I didn't look at it at first and just assumed it was proppa.
    Gloves and shied could use some stam too.

remember one of the things that makes paladin damage intake feel less bursty than warriors is the way the holy shield works. work out a way to chain cooldowns during fights to make the healers lives easier, and take all the gearing advice here.

Quote Originally Posted by sillycat View Post
    part of my gearing choices have come out of items just not dropping for me ie the hor shield or the black knights heart getting groups that are nonfail really was a drag and to be honest the repairs and time spent just dont add up
    Do you run with guildies? It's farm, so it's repeatable and they should overgear. It took me 11 runs to get the HoR R sheild to drop, which was discouraging, but it is a good improvement since you don't know when Neverending Winter will drop.
    An introduction into WarTanking (no longer updated as I've retired from WoW - the concepts will still be mostly accurate but the numbers no longer will be.) - http://www.tankspot.com/showthread.p...101-The-Primer

Quote Originally Posted by Dreador View Post

Yeah you're right about those 2 gems are kinda wasted there.... and I'm not sure what you meant about the specs ¿? I'm also non native english speaker.... I love to use that built to clear icc trash and proved to be quite effective and as far as I know i never had threat issues on bosses with it either (sometime i forget changing it before engaging xD lil fail...)...
    looking forward to get some feedback from ya.. thanks in advance for the advise!

one last question: proppa ? what does't that means?

Quote Originally Posted by Killertock View Post

one last question: proppa ? what does't that means?
    its slang for Proper or someone was just being lazy or illiterate.

well i just tanked voa 10/25 got lucky in voa 10 new gloves /cheer im excited with the new holiday boss ill have the shoulders this week and im really hopefull about the 2 set bonus even tho i know im along way away from the 4 set ill get there before too long

2 pc bonus is really only good for heroics imo, but the 4 pc has potential.

+ Reply to Thread