+ Reply to Thread

Thread: prot war taking hits too hard?

prot war taking hits too hard?

Okay so I've been noticing this as of lately and so have the people I've been playing with. For the gear I have, I feel like I'm taking hits way too hard. I'm working on getting pillars and boots crafted but those won't come for a while. Could use all the advice I can get.

Armory: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...k&cn=Exemplary

Well given that you stack Stamina and not Avoidance/Mitigation, you will take big hits, but you have the health pool to cover it. That's the point, really. As long as you're defence capped, which you are, and you have enough Stamina to cover hits, the healer will cover you. That's the point of it.

Dispel.

carpe diem, delendo solis
    seize the day, by blotting out the sun.

You could stand to gain about 3k more armor via Frost badge gear and Pillars of Might, that will reduce the damage slightly more in your favor.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tengenstein View Post
    just don't let them melee you up the bum.

Quote Originally Posted by Dispel View Post
    Well given that you stack Stamina and not Avoidance/Mitigation, you will take big hits, but you have the health pool to cover it. That's the point, really. As long as you're defence capped, which you are, and you have enough Stamina to cover hits, the healer will cover you. That's the point of it.

Dispel.
    We call it gearing for effective health And it's not stacking stamina, it's prefering Armor and Stamina over all others. More to the 'feeling' of taking hits that are too large... Is it in general or certain parts of fights? Do you have any Disc Priests in the raid to help?

Until you grab bonus armor items (legs, belt, hands, chest) you will feel squishy, especially if you run with a Pally tank who seems to shurg off everything. Run your dailies for gold and get yourself those primordials for Pillars. And then kingly upheavls if you're not reaching Sid in 10 man.

Don't forget to enchant those shoulders and gem them with something other than expertise - try getting the mace off of Morrowgar 10 - it will do far more for threat for you than any amount of gemmed hit/exp. Plus, the gem should be in your pants, not your shoulders to hit the +9 socketbonus instead of the +6.

Small things.

Oh - just noticed, you're missing out on 1800 armor with CSK and Blackheart. I'd go with CSK and Glyph of Idom, which comes out slightly better for static EH than blackheart, though keep blackheart around for magic-damage intensive fights.
    An introduction into WarTanking (no longer updated as I've retired from WoW - the concepts will still be mostly accurate but the numbers no longer will be.) - http://www.tankspot.com/showthread.p...101-The-Primer

+ Reply to Thread