+ Reply to Thread

Thread: ICC offset vs. Tier

ICC offset vs. Tier

I just joined a guild (as a warrior tank) and I'm wondering if I should go for the 277 offset pieces or stick to my 264 sanctified set bonus? I have (for the time being) no chance at getting any heroic tokens and the other tanks in the guild have just about all the offset pieces, so I'm wondering wether to spend my DKP to offset pieces or keep the 264s.

/staart

Keep the 264 Helm/Shoulders
    Use Cata/Kraken except if the 4pc CD will help a lot in the fight (Sid, LK).

Kraken has more Stamina and gives parry instead of hit over 264 gloves (I'm assuming you odn't need hit)
    Cata has more stamina. Exp over Parry is up to you.
    An introduction into WarTanking (no longer updated as I've retired from WoW - the concepts will still be mostly accurate but the numbers no longer will be.) - http://www.tankspot.com/showthread.p...101-The-Primer

I don't have those, I'm speaking about 277 ICC gear. And I'd prefer anything over parry, especially expertise/hit.

A Link to your armory might help out.
    So from what you are saying, it sounds like your guild has ICC25 Heroic on Farm?

Depends really on your DKP system and droprates, just be aware of that Protector tokens seem to have very low droprate compared to Vanquisher's and you might want to use 277 offset pieces in your default physical dmg set until you can get four tokens while swapping in 264 T10 peices whenever you need extra cooldown. Generally speaking, don't pass on upgrades because you never know how long it might take before the item you're looking for actually drops.
    Crommi | Archaic Order | Lightning's Blade EU

Quote Originally Posted by Staart View Post
    I don't have those, I'm speaking about 277 ICC gear. And I'd prefer anything over parry, especially expertise/hit.
    First, that's a poor way to gear. Sure, expertise and hit are nice but they won't make or break your threat.

To answer your question, just take upgrades.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tengenstein View Post
    just don't let them melee you up the bum.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreador View Post
    First, that's a poor way to gear. Sure, expertise and hit are nice but they won't make or break your threat.
    Expertise below 26 will, and less hit will make you miss vital taunts, think Saurfang, Putricide, Festergut, Lich King.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreador
    To answer your question, just take upgrades.
    As in ignoring the 4 set bonus, keeping 264 chest/gloves and getting the rest offset pieces?

Quote Originally Posted by Staart View Post
    Expertise below 26 will, and less hit will make you miss vital taunts, think Saurfang, Putricide, Festergut, Lich King.
    Just because you catch a couple more dodges, it really won't. I went through most of 25 ICC (before VD boots dropped) with 16 expertise averaging at least 12k TPS WITHOUT MD or TOT. Adding more will increase your threat if it's already good, but will do nothing for you if your rotation is garbage.

For hit, there's literally metric tons of it on good ICC gear that you can switch in if you need a little bit more IN ADDITION TO the glyph, remember spell hit gets more benefit than melee hit per point of rating. Never had an issue runniing about 5% melee hit while glyphed.

For the second part of the question, the 264 badge loots are still better than the 264 pieces, if you're talking gloves and chest. For the shoulders and helm I would use the 2 264 pieces if you need to hit the 2pc bonus. Otherwise the Boneguard and Broken Ram Skull are fine. For 4pc I'd only use 277, and not the legs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tengenstein View Post
    just don't let them melee you up the bum.

Quote Originally Posted by Selene View Post
    A Link to your armory might help out.
    So from what you are saying, it sounds like your guild has ICC25 Heroic on Farm?
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...aart&r=Kilrogg

11/12 heroic 25 on farm yes.

Basically I'm asking for a BiS list that doesn't include heroic tier or the Lich King heroic weapon for that matter, aiming for: max EH, taunt hit cap with glyph and to a lesser extend expertise soft cap with food or as close as possible.

And @ Draedor, 12k sustained tps is about what our hunters warlocks and frost dks have without cooldowns, and rogues are trading tricks. My threat is fine in the long run but with the more expertise I hope to attain less RNG in my threat generation (mostly for stuff like raging spirits, if you get parried/dodged a few times in a row at the start because of bad RNG it can easily cause a wipe).

+ Reply to Thread