+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Arms warrior - a little confused...

Arms warrior - a little confused...

Hey everyone, to start off, here's my Armory: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...m&cn=Jesberger

I have two questions - 1. In raids, i have 92% Armor Pen. after Elixir of Armor Piercing and Hearty Rhino, Does this mean i am hard capped ArP because of the 10% Arms buff? or do i still need that 8%?

And number 2: What are your ideas on my weapon? Would i be better off with Shadow's Edge or Heroic Cryptmaker? I'm using it currently because it's 277, and because i figured i am ArP hard capped, and if i used the SE, i would lose about 30 some DPS on my weapon, and if i used the Cryptmaker, i would lose all that crit...so just a little input would be great. I appreciate it!

-Jesberger

Get cryptmaker, you're not even hitcapped... And yes as arms you only need 90% arp to get capped. Always use flask of endless rage as well, undercapped or not.

Okay, will do. How vital is it for an arms warrior to be the complete 8% hit capped? I don't notice myself missing all that often, and when i do i don't notice much but a little rage loss.

It's worth more than every other stat if you aren't. You should also go for 8 points in the prot tree for incite. Heroic strike should be a major part of your damage in ICC.

I've messed with it before, but this was before i even got past the plague quarter and my gear was still pretty bad, and it just didn't work for me, but i now i work in HS all the time with plenty of rage left over so it's probably the best idea, thanks for the help. =)

Quote Originally Posted by Staart View Post
    It's worth more than every other stat if you aren't. You should also go for 8 points in the prot tree for incite. Heroic strike should be a major part of your damage in ICC.
    Misleading as it isn't. pop into landsoul's and run some numbers i don't know if it is for him right now but it isn't a point for point better than everything else all the time until you reach hit cap.

If you have a crpytmaker you just drop some ArP gems for Strength and the slight DPS loss from Weapon damage will be made up in gained hit and more STR since you can ungem some.

EDIT: if you use cryptmaker also there is a 15% ArP bonus from talents allowing you to further ungem for STR

Ahh, that's right, i didn't even think of replacing some ARP gems with STR because of the 15% bonus, Thanks! As for the Incite build, is it spamming HS the full duration of an encounter, or just as much as possible, or does it replace slam in some cases?

axe spec is better than mace and sword spec with the same ilvl weapons...downgrading to a reg cryptmaker from h bryntoll will be a dps loss. grab the t10 gloves or gunship bracers to cap your hit...dont lose axe spec.

and you dont do anything different with an incite build as far as rotation. your heroic strikes will just crit more often giving you the dps gain, especially paired with the hs glyph. just queue hs at 70-80+ rage and that's it.
    -Jimmy

|Ex Tank|

TWITCH.TV STREAM

Awesome, thank you!

+ Reply to Thread