+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Prot Warrior, 3rd Frost purchase help please

Prot Warrior, 3rd Frost purchase help please

Hey. Relatively new warrior here, only hit 80 about a month ago and this is my first level 80.

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...onar&cn=Hatori

I have purchased cloak and belt so far and got shoulders from Gunship 25, hit 70 emblems and need help with my upgrade strategy.

Never seen any tank stuff drop in VoA and do not want to rely on it, did 10 and 25 today. Since I got BS to 450 last week I am thinking I can craft Pillars of Might when I get rep from my ICC runs this week and purchase Kraken gloves.

Not added extra slots to gloves and bracers yet as I was waiting to see what I would do in terms of upgrades this week.

I see my weakest spots as my shield, legs and hands but I also appreciate that the CSK would be a boatload of extra stamina.

At the moment thinking:
    1 - Kraken gauntlets
    2- Craft Pillars of might
    3 - CSK???
    4 - Cataclysmic chest????
    5 - Tier 10 helm???

All advice really appreciated!

Gloves/Chest/Legs should be your next purchases.

I would say go for Chest Next. The T10 264 gloves are comparable to the Gauntlets of the Kraken, and if you can get lucky and get them from VoA, then it's a decent sidegrade to the gloves. If you don't like relying on RNG drops then maybe pick up Kraken gloves but in your position I would go Cata Chest then Gauntlets of the Kraken.

Having said that, you need to do some farming. You should try to not use frost emblems (at least on your main, maybe you have an alt to feed you extra emblems from) to Craft Pillars of Might. You might be surprised at how fast you can make 7kg (roughly what it costs to get them made these days, maybe 8 or 9kg depending on the server) especially with Alchemy as a profession and especially if you can farm a lot of alchemy mats with an alt or just farm minerals with your mining and sell them to buy mats for Alchemy to make some major dolla dolla billz ya'll off of flasks and pots.
    "If the world is something you accept rather than interpret, then you're susceptible to the influence of charismatic idiots." -Neil deGrasee Tyson

Twitter @Aggathon || @Tankspot || Twitch.Tv/Aggathon

100% not going to be buying primordial saronites with frosts, will be using my enchanting alt to earn that cash

My only issue with going for the Cata chest next is that Rotface 25 is something that is actually within my ability to raid and while I realize the bp from there has a lot less armor, I would be gutted to be spending so many frosts on something that I can get close to from raiding gear. It is the reason that I have held out on purchasing gloves or legs as I hoped that the RNG generator would take pity on me in VoA. Reason I got cloak and belt first is that they are easily going to last me probably until Cata.

My biggest problem is that I only do first wing in ICC so my ability to get frosts is not the best, this should be my first week breaking into the plagueworks, so I get kinda cheap when it comes to spending frosts

The Rotface BP is crap, Cata chest is MUCH MUCH MUCH better.

Haha, ok, so advice is Cata chest then gloves then helm or CSK next? Also earn money and buy pillars of might asap I am guessing....

yup, sounds good.
    "If the world is something you accept rather than interpret, then you're susceptible to the influence of charismatic idiots." -Neil deGrasee Tyson

Twitter @Aggathon || @Tankspot || Twitch.Tv/Aggathon

cata chest piece looks good... i'll have to factor that in too next frost buying time...

+ Reply to Thread