+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Paladin tank weapon enchant

Paladin tank weapon enchant

Hi,

I've read several long threads regarding this issue, but I couldn't get a clear answer from a paladin perspective.

According to what I've read, Blood Draining is better than Mongoose for none-paladin classes. For paladins Mongoose should be better, due to Ardent Defender leap-frog chance while using Blood Draining. And Bladeward supposed to be the worse among the 3?

Anyway, I'm not sure I got it right and I would like to know how to enchant my new 251 ICC10 mace.
    Appriciate any help and advice!

Ardent Defender isn't leap-froggable any more.

Blood Draining for pseudo-EH, Accuracy for threat, Mongoose for proc avoidance/threat (although the threat component may be less than previously thought), 26 agility for static avoidance, and Blade Ward for absolutely nothing at all.

Blood Draining and Mongoose are the two best. Based on what both do, decide which you want and go with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tengenstein View Post
    just don't let them melee you up the bum.

Thanks for your reply.

So what happens if I get low to 34% hp, blood draining procs and get me to 36%, then a major hit comes? How does AD work in such scenario?

Re-read the toolip. You'd take however much damage would take you to 35% of your health, and then whatever's left over is reduced by 20%.

Since my arithmetic is ok but my maths is terrible, I'll illustrate with numbers that a simpleton like me can understand If you have 50k maximum health for example, your "AD threshold" is 17.5k health. If you're at 18k health (36%) and take a 20k hit, the first 500 damage wouldn't be reduced (taking you to 35% health, 17.5k) then the remainder of the 19.5k damage is reduced by 20% to 15.6k. That plus the 500 unreduced damage means your 20k hit at 36% health actually hits for 16.1k, you live, and the warrior tank in the raid starts calling you OP :P

Ardent defender wouldn't go off the first time, but would the second. I won't go into it too much, I would recommend doing a search over at Maintankadin. They changed the mechanic so it can't be "leapfrogged" anymore, that's all you need to know.

Blood Draining, Mongoose, 26 Agi, Accuracy. Generally used enchants, and with Paladin Agi scaling you would get more avoidance with 26 agi than other tanks, however that is only good against physical damage.
    Last edited by MellvarTank; 06-17-2010 at 11:11 AM. Reason: fix't
    RNGesus - Saving you unreliably since BC.
    http://i689.photobucket.com/albums/v...ellvarsig3.jpg

Pallies don't get more armor, it's 1:2.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tengenstein View Post
    just don't let them melee you up the bum.

+ Reply to Thread