+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Pally Tank help

Spec looks like it should be good at a glance.

Glyphs: need to change those.
    You want Glyph of Divine Plea
    Glyph of Shield or Righteousness would help to conserve mana - 80% mana reduction in its cost
    Glyph of Command would be another good thing and using Seal of Command for trash, after I switched to that on my pally, my mana issues (on trash) were pretty much over.

Professions: max out that mining, with herbalism as low as it is, might want to consider a "better" profession like Blacksmithing, Jewelcrafting, or even Enchanting/Leatherworking for Stamina bonus. BS and JC would be best since you have mining.

Gear: You are a good bit under the Defense Cap.
    Several pieces of crafted gear will help you out immensely.

Get a http://www.wowhead.com/item=42508 and learn to love it, until you can get the shield from Reg Halls of Reflection or a raid. (shield form H CoS is a side grade)

For now I would pass on trying to get the titansteel helm or boots since those actually have lower defense than what you have.

Enchant your chest and shield with Defense, you need it.

those are just a few things that need to fixed up.
    Just too many things to list offhand.

Quote Originally Posted by Akeber View Post
    You're really off base here. The size of the heals you receive has nothing to do with mana gained, as only effective heals qualify for spiritual attunement. If your health bar is full and you get healed, you get no mana. If your health is down 5K, and you get a 20K heal, you still only get mana back from the 5K effective heal.

Disc priest bubbles can have a small detrimental effect, but most of your mana return in heroics should come from blessing of sanc and proper divine plea management, which is basically pulling packs fast enough that it never falls off.

<.<

And your point is? I understand that overhealing doesn't give you mana. I was never trying to say that

EVERYANDALLHEALSGIVEYOUMANAS!!11!ONE!

But that as a tank IN GENERAL your going want as big of heals as possible to begin with encase something happens where your health dips, and getting more health healed gets more mana. But your not going to constantly have full health (unless you vastly out gear the instance) and are going to need heals, which will get more mana. Full spiritual attunement is a MUST for Paladin tanks along with Divine Plea and Sanc in order to maintain good mana levels.
    ~ Tanking is a mixture of strength, finesse, and the ability to make up for other peoples short-comings.

Quote Originally Posted by Leman View Post
    Full spiritual attunement is a MUST for Paladin tanks along with Divine Plea and Sanc in order to maintain good mana levels.
    2 points in SA is really for 5 mans and overkill for raiding. I've never had a mana issue in ICC; in 5 mans I can go short, but Seal of Command allows me to not spam Consecration which helps with mana. Also, don't pull points from Vindication you can grab points in Conviction or Pursuit of Justice; if PoJ you can put full stam enchant on boots instead of Tuskars.

Mine is a pretty standard raid spec; I chose Conviction over PoJ, but that's a personal preference.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...a&cn=Jackstraw

Well the guy that started this thread is just now getting into heroics so I agree with you 100%!
    ~ Tanking is a mixture of strength, finesse, and the ability to make up for other peoples short-comings.

And your point is? I understand that overhealing doesn't give you mana. I was never trying to say that

EVERYANDALLHEALSGIVEYOUMANAS!!11!ONE!

.....into Divinity, this gives you more healing and thus MORE MANA.....their heals just aren't powerful enough to give you a lot of mana when they heal you....
    The way you have worded these points implies that larger heals give you more mana. If he was needing to be healed that much, he wouldn't have mana problems in the first place. The lack of healing that tanks require in heroics is the problem with going oom, so speccing for larger heals done on him won't help. I'm not arguing agains taking the points in divinity for the increased healing done, but it won't help mana problems.

+ Reply to Thread