+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Pally Tank help

Pally Tank help

Im looking for some one to tell me y when im tanking im loseing soo much mana i usually have enuff for my first rotation then im out im a brand new tankadin so im prolly doing something wrong and im not gear yet but i should be able to hold aggro in H Randoms but it just seems like i cant can some one look over me and tell me what i should do and stuff and i was also looking for someone to make a pally tanking vid on every thing you need to do and how and talents and stuff so if any one could help i would really appreciate that

my toon is Vamiru from Burning Blade

Armory

here is his armory so others wont have to look it up.

as for your mana issues:
    are you keeping Divine Plea up all the time?
    are you useing Blessing of Sanctuary?

yes keep Divine Plea up as much as possible Blessing of sanc ALWAYS your spec is damn near perfect but your glyphs could use a little work glyph of divine plea, Glyph of Hammer of the righteous as well since you are doing heroic farming for gear i assume and which type of mods are you losing threat on AoE pulls Single target or just the pesky casters
    I am actually older then your jesus i wish i could of known him....but i missed it. Godrick True Blood

Hi,

I asked a similar question recently and got very detailed and good answers. I recommend you read here:
    tankadin mana

I will summerize main points:

1. Divine Plea should be always up. Run fast to the next group of mobs so you won't miss the 15 seconds timer.
    2. Don't use Consecration every rotation, unless you really need it to hold aggro. It's a mana hog.
    3. Pull more mobs, so you have more attackes on you. BoSanc will return you mana when you block, dodge and parry, and Spiritual Attunement will retuen you mana when healed from the damage.
    4. If you run with a Disc priest, ask him to heal you more and shield you less, since shield absorbs damage and you get no mana back from healing.
    5. Use Jugdement of Widsom in your rotation.

can someone tell what is a pally tank rotation?

Quote Originally Posted by Elthas View Post
    im new paly 2
    looking in forums, for any post about paly tank
    i found this one

http://www.wowhead.com/forums&topic=116931#p1349801

maybe help u

Pally rotation is 969 - has to do with cooldown of your attacks, for example I use the following rotation on my pally (the order is probably bad, but I've had no issues) - Consecration (9 sec), Hammer of the Righteous (6 seconds), Judgment of Wisdom (9 seconds with one talent point), Shield of Righteousness (6 seconds), Holy Shield (9 seconds) - then with Seal of Command you can go to HoR and skip Consecration and save mana.

Quote Originally Posted by Elthas View Post
    This is probably the best guide to the paladin tanking rotation that I've read:
    http://www.wow-pro.com/class_guides/..._tanking_guide

I recommend you check it out.

Quote Originally Posted by swollenpickles View Post
    That's out of date and, in my opinion, massively overcomplicating things for the sake of it without offering a huge amount of insight.

Exorcism should only ever be used for pulling/ranged pick-up, and Hammer of Wrath shouldn't really be substituted for Judgement in ICC gear, if ever.

im losing most threat on the casters and some AOE pulls and yea im now keeping divine plea and i do use blessing of sanctuary

I generally run with a stack of mana potions in my bags, it solves most of these issues.

Another trick I use is to have a few gear pieces with intellect on them for easier content. Since divine plea and sanctuary work from max mana, it helps as well.
    (Their lack of tanking stats make you take more damage too - so you get even more mana!)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kahmal
    ...there is no true progression for a casual anymore, just hand outs.

ok you should have the divine plea glyph, hammer or rightouesness glyph and the taunt glyph (sorry dont remember the name) you should alwsys have sanct up and corruption,
    before pulling activate divine plea,shield,and divine shield absorb bubble, if you play horde use the belf racial arcane torrent if you need a small mana boost and it will silence casters as well. i normally pull caster mob with hand of reckoning and swap to the incoming adds with avengers shield or hammer. of course make sure you are tabbing to other adds and building threat on them too. and if you notice a group of adds heading towards a caster use the divine sacrifice taunt on them or hand of protection/bop them. or you could always let them die for pulling aggro.
    now your talent spec is very important you need to get to the bottom of prot and you want some of the ret tree and a few in holy , you can check my tank spec (if it has 2 ret specs i will try to get it corrected, act was comprimised still waiting for correction )

Quote Originally Posted by pyrile View Post
    taunt glyph (sorry dont remember the name) you should alwsys have sanct up and corruption,
    Righteous Defense
    I'm an alt-oholic. I'm ok with that.
    http://warcraftid.com/card/170/n/73a...f/sholozar.jpg

ok im a Pally Tank, Alery on -Thunderlord-, i was having mana problems ALOT and the trick i found was to Gliph your Seal of Command, the Gliph makes you give back 6% of your base mana every time you use a Judgement, and always use judgement of Wisdom and Seal of Command dose a Holy damage Cleave which helps keep agro on trash fights and on boss fights just put on Seal of Vengence and use Devine plea, Sacred shield alot hope this helped

I am not a great fan of seal of command in tank builds it's very much a crutch used to prop up weakness in AOE tanking and usually covers up a deeper issue of poor gear selection, poor tanking play or poor mana control.

It costs you single target threat to carry this talent for definitive works on threat for pally's

http://maintankadin.failsafedesign.c...wtopic#p521490
    http://maintankadin.failsafedesign.c...alysis#talents

All of that however is irrelevant you havent even got the basics right at the moment.

Haven't run the calculation but you might just be crit immune at 489 def + 80 resilence but given most of your gear is unchanted and ungemmed it would be by accident not design I would think.

START HERE:
    http://maintankadin.failsafedesign.c...basic-training

You are going to have serious DPS in heroics and TBH you shouldn't be in there in your current form thats why you are having trouble.

The weapon is horrible for paladin's it is too fast remember 60% of our dmg and threat comes off timer of the seals so a slower weapon that hit harder would give you alot more threat and try putting a chant on it. http://www.wowhead.com/item=50268 from H-POS should be your objective as a starter weapon for raiding (Edit: Again weapon too fast but its the best within your reach )
    Last edited by uglybbtoo; 06-29-2010 at 07:29 AM.
    ** Remember Warcraft players fail in directions you never thought possible.

Too Fast?!? I have never before heard of a tank weapon being too fast for Pally or Warrior tanks...

Quote Originally Posted by Selene View Post
    Too Fast?!? I have never before heard of a tank weapon being too fast for Pally or Warrior tanks...
    Our seal damage scales with weapon speed.
    It's a really tiny factor, though, since it only applies to the direct damage seal portion on ShoR, HotR and Judgement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kahmal
    ...there is no true progression for a casual anymore, just hand outs.

Oh wow, ok this is getting a bit off topic lets see if I can't right that.

LOOKING at the first post I can tell you that perhaps you should put that 1 last point into Spiritual Attunement, do that because its a THIRD way that paladins get mana after Divine Plea and Blessing of Sanctuary. After that replace the 5 points you put in Vindication and Heart of the Crusader into Divinity, this gives you more healing and thus MORE MANA.

After all of those talents are used the only reason that you should run out of mana is either A: you didn't activate Divine Plea, or B: The healer you are with, their heals just aren't powerful enough to give you a lot of mana when they heal you. I have found that this generally happens with Disc Priests and Druids. If that becomes the case you should use Judgment of Wisdom

I don't want to be mean to some of the other people that have replied but there is NO REASON you should have to equip +INT gear for more mana and also take more damage... I literally facepalmed myself when I saw that. Blizzard gives paladins more than enough ways to gain mana you just have to utilize them.
    ~ Tanking is a mixture of strength, finesse, and the ability to make up for other peoples short-comings.

Quote Originally Posted by Leman View Post
    After that replace the 5 points you put in Vindication and Heart of the Crusader into Divinity, this gives you more healing and thus MORE MANA.

........ or B: The healer you are with, their heals just aren't powerful enough to give you a lot of mana when they heal you. .....
    You're really off base here. The size of the heals you receive has nothing to do with mana gained, as only effective heals qualify for spiritual attunement. If your health bar is full and you get healed, you get no mana. If your health is down 5K, and you get a 20K heal, you still only get mana back from the 5K effective heal.

Disc priest bubbles can have a small detrimental effect, but most of your mana return in heroics should come from blessing of sanc and proper divine plea management, which is basically pulling packs fast enough that it never falls off.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemoski View Post
    Im looking for some one to tell me y when im tanking im loseing soo much mana i usually have enuff for my first rotation then im out im a brand new tankadin so im prolly doing something wrong and im not gear yet but i should be able to hold aggro in H Randoms but it just seems like i cant can some one look over me and tell me what i should do and stuff and i was also looking for someone to make a pally tanking vid on every thing you need to do and how and talents and stuff so if any one could help i would really appreciate that

my toon is Vamiru from Burning Blade
    Okay to help get things back on track.

The OPs Armory:
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...lade&cn=Vamiru

+ Reply to Thread