+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The Weekly Marmot -- Cataclysm Press Event

The Weekly Marmot -- Cataclysm Press Event

Wowhead's press event coverage: http://www.wowhead.com/blog=159677

Lore, My 1.5 year old daughter is sitting in my lap watching with me. She is waving at you. And she like your marmot avatar. She is waving and squeeling at it. You are loved!

Another analytic answer. Always waiting for your opinion on what is happening before I take a stand, your answers are always logical and awesome. Thanks.

Kind of curious what you think of the information they posted about basically allowing you to continue on in a different raid than you started in, so long as the raid you are continuing with has killed at least as many bosses as the one you started with. I personally think it sounds great, trying to do ulduar hard modes later in the week, for example, was always great fun when everyone got saved because of the weekly on Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by DnQuxiti View Post
    Kind of curious what you think of the information they posted about basically allowing you to continue on in a different raid than you started in, so long as the raid you are continuing with has killed at least as many bosses as the one you started with. I personally think it sounds great, trying to do ulduar hard modes later in the week, for example, was always great fun when everyone got saved because of the weekly on Tuesday.
    This means pugs will actually have a better chance of continuing!
    Hoorah!

'Maybe there's 4 of her running around ' Epic moment in your Marmot, made me laugh!

Overall this huge chunk of info makes really interesting reading, particular the guild leveling system seems quite enjoyable.

Quote Originally Posted by DnQuxiti View Post
    Actually had a little piece on that but had to cut it for time

Short version: I like the idea, I'm not completely convinced it will work out the way they want it to.

I think it's an interesting concept, being able to shift from 25 to 10 man, makes sense that you can't do it the other way around though. And Lore, the look on your face at the beginning was absolutely priceless.
    Last edited by Rennadrel; 06-16-2010 at 08:49 PM.

The measure of a life is the measure of love and respect. So hard to earn, so easily burned - Neil Peart

Quote Originally Posted by Zietgeist View Post
    Lore, My 1.5 year old daughter is sitting in my lap watching with me. She is waving at you. And she like your marmot avatar. She is waving and squeeling at it. You are loved!
    Are you sure it wasn't the incredibly cuddly Murky plush?

Quote Originally Posted by Zietgeist View Post
    I missed this earlier. That's awesome! Your daughter has good taste in internets.

Sindra is Vashj 2.0 then? :P

Wow I'm the first one to notice huh?

Hey Lore, how's this look?

That the look you're going for?

I completely agree with you regarding the raid setup / splitting raids. We've talked about whether going for 10 or 25 in terms of raiding in our guild since we're a kinda small guild and our core usually consists of 15 people. Going for 25 man and having two people gear up as tanks (which is common and the best idea since you want to gear up your MT's ASAP) works wonders if you're focusing on 25 man only but once you split into 10 man groups then you will a huge amount of tanks suddenly. Remember: 25 man can be split up into 3 10 man groups which will require 6 tanks if they keep the same concept as in ICC. If you want fast progress then you'll stick the two MT's into one group but then you'll have to put 4 other people in their offspecs or have some weird tanking rotation of which two of all your available tanks gets to join the 25 man...

It'll become a real mess, I'll assure you.

Well

It'll become a real mess, I'll assure you.
    I don't think it will. With the current badge system players can gear up two specs at once if they wish. They can also quickly gear up one spec if the right items drop and they use their badges.

Any good high-end player has their duel-talent specialization. Now it's up to the guild and it's members to work on their specs. Lore heck myself are good examples. Our main spec is DPS for 25m's BUT we also maintain a tanking spec and work on gear for it so we can tank 10m. This adds versatility. Do all DPS enjoy tanking or healing? Probably not. But if they're serious about progression they will begin too.

Im kind of interested in how they are going to work the guild reputation scaling with the people that have been with a certain guild for what will be a year or more once cata comes out. are we all going to have to start from scratch?

also im kind of disappointed that they seem to be making it mandatory to be in a guild. but i guess guild choice will be even more important than it currently is. i personaly love my guild and wouldnt trade it for anything. they make me laugh everyday and honestly id prefer that over most upgrades we might get in a better guild.

+ Reply to Thread