+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Retribution trinkets

Retribution trinkets

Currently using the Darkmoon Card Greatness and Whispering Fanged Skull (regular and soon to be heroic I hope). I am a little confused as to how Rawr dictates which trinkets are best for Retribution but supposedly the War Token from Frost badges is one of the top 5 trinkets next to heroic Death's Verdict (heroic), Whispering Fanged Skull (heroic) and Tiny Abomination in A Jar. Strange though that Rawr lists the trinket from Putricide as being lower on the DPS list then other trinkets, is that because there isn't a pure DPS stat from it as it's not a constant proc from what I have read. Is it worth getting the haste trinket since it will give me a much faster attack speed with Shadow's Edge and reduce my global cooldowns a fair bit?

The measure of a life is the measure of love and respect. So hard to earn, so easily burned - Neil Peart

Rawr (and the various spreadsheets that perform similar functions) looks at what effect it will have in conjunction with your existing gear.

BiS lists are generally made in one of two ways :
    A)Look only at the items in that slot, which essentially means "If you are otherwise naked, Item X will do more than Item Y"
    B)Assuming that all other slots are BiS. In that case it generally ignores things like whether or not you are hit or haste capped from the rest of your gear.

So, the list you are looking at is an idealized situation. Rawr is telling you "Right now, in your current situation, THIS is better".

The 'list' will serve you better for planning "What is the FINAL gear set I am aiming for". Rawr will tell you "What will help me more RIGHT NOW"

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Strange though that Rawr lists the trinket from Putricide as being lower on the DPS list then other trinkets, is that because there isn't a pure DPS stat from it as it's not a constant proc from what I have read. Is it worth getting the haste trinket since it will give me a much faster attack speed with Shadow's Edge and reduce my global cooldowns a fair bit?
    RAWR is working correctly. If you're hit capped without the Tiny Abom, then adding it is only gaining you the dps boost from the proc, thich is probably less dps than the static haste buff plus the stacking ap buff of the war token. Now, if you were to replace some of your gear with items without hit rating, dropping you below the cap, rawr would correctly calculate the value of the tiny abom, as the hit you'll gain will be worth something, and the other dps stats you gain to replace the hit in other places, such as haste or crit, will benefit your dps. Trinkets with stats that have "caps" (hit,armor pen tc.) can't be looked at on their own, because the they depend alot on what you have for gear to shuffle around to rebalance the stats.

Yeah I figured as much. I am going to be swapping out the Gendarme's Curiass from 25 man for my Tier 10 chest and swapping my T10 gloves for the Festergut ones at some point, assuming they ever drop (which at this point will be never after having had him on farm for the last 3 months). Even with the chest piece switch, I will be over hit cap, I am currently sitting at almost 11% and I am gearing based off the regular raid BiS list. Since I don't need the hit and doubt I will ever see the trinket drop anyway, I might as well get the haste trinket.

The measure of a life is the measure of love and respect. So hard to earn, so easily burned - Neil Peart

Would you drop Dark moon for it?
    If you had choice of Whispering Fanged Skull, Darkmoon Greatness, and Herkum haste trinket, then which would you drop?

I'm guessing then you can finally drop DMCG, but not positive I'd spend the badges, anyone?

Yes, the DMC:G would be the one to drop.

+ Reply to Thread